Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: lykia world
1440 Posts
Elsewhere on this forum, people have said that there is now a smoking ban in Turkey, just like here, so hopefully that will apply to LW.
I didn't know there was a ban, MehMeh. Excellent. The Turkish people seem to me to be heavy smokers, so I'm surprised they accepted a ban.
they might have suggested a ban but as far as im concerned no one is taking any notice of it, i wish they would as i hate smoking especially when im eating. my mother lives in turkey and certainly hasnt mentioned it to me and her partner smokes and she would love him to stop so im sure she would have told me, we are going to turkey 2 weeks today so ill see lol, but i really cant see lykia banning smoking sadly
I only know what I read on here about a smoking ban. People seemed to be saying that there was an official ban, but a lot of the restaurants weren't taking any notice. However I would have thought that a big operation like Lykia would be more likely to comply. I think when we were there, they had different areas of the restaurants designated as smoking and non-smoking. Anyway, if it is a comfort to Twinkletoes, I hate eating where people are smoking and I have no memory of this happening to me there! And we usually ate indoors in the evenings, due to the Marina being full unless you got there at opening time.
Twinkletoes - we booked 2 rooms which were adjacent as it was far cheaper this way but of course it meant hubby and i had to split up, a small inconvenience for the money saved I think. According to the Lykia brochure these room are identical to the ones you've booked but with the interconnecting door so you will have plenty of room so I wouldn't worry.

We are planning to return next year and our friends are hoping to come to as we have enthused so much about it. Hubby also met someone at work the other day who is going, I'm dead envious!

Do you know I can't remember about the smoking, but as a dreadfully reformed ex-smoker I hate it and can't remember it bother me at all so that's a good sign for you!
I do hope that is correct about the smoking ban, we too hate it and our eldest son is even worse!! He makes it so obvious by pulling his jumper/t shirt up over his nose! So I certainly hope smoking isn't allowed at Lykia or at the very least in the restaurants, but as you all have said it wasn't noticeable. Don't forget to let us know ellie-meg when you arrive back from Turkey about the smoking ban.

I didn't realise it is only 11 weeks today till we go to Lykia :yikes When do you arrive there mehmeh?
Twinkletoes - We go on Sat 24 May from Gatwick with First Choice (or Eclipse to be exact) for two weeks, staying in the residence again. Can't wait! See you there! :wave:
hello everyone,

went to LW last year in june and sept, in dept noticed that the water park was no smoking execpt for the grassed areas and in the residence there are no smoking areas of the restaurant.

the chinese restaurant at lunch time was free but the meals was a choice of two dished and that was noodles, not very filling !! we left and went to the village for something else.

if you know what room number you want phone LW directly as i have done and they are happy to help they dont promise but everytime i have got the room i requested.

anyone going on 7th july from gatwick ? could start our holiday before we fly with a drink ??
Hi Gregg, Did you book to go to Lykia last year through a Tour OP? I am just wondering about this as we have booked a package with XL and while I would love to choose our rooms (this is where I would have to rely on you, ellie and bridd lol!!!) I do wonder if the Tour Ops have their own specific rooms/areas at Lykia? Would LW only let you choose your room if you booked direct with them? Thanks

Oh and BTW are there irons in the village rooms?
Housekeeping will lend you an iron or you can use the irons in the laundry rooms.
twinkletoes -

some companies do have certain rooms or areas, like they only use the village or just the residence, hence why the price is sometimes lower, however I have heard of people booking the village and when arriving reception saying they have been upgraded and given a room in the residence and also they other way round too, how they can upgrade you I dont know !! but just phone LW reception on the side your staying and just ask, if the room you want is not being used they are happy to help out, but just arrive with an open mind then its not a let down, after all the room is just for sleeping in !!! good luck

I will be phoning 3 weeks before I travel too for the room I would like !!

when are you going ?
Hi Gregg thanks, we are going May half term for 2 weeks.
So can you (or bridd or ellie-meg) recommend a suitable area/room for us? We have booked two interconnecting family rooms in the village. When i ring reception will they ask our name or booking ref, will I tell them we are booked with XL as I think XL are part of Kosmar? Seems a bit too complicated actually :think
hi,

I have only stayed in the residence, but I think bridd or ellie might be able to help you with the right room number,

When you phone just say you are arriving on (date) and should be at LW at (time), they will say they will try but cannot promise - I have arrived and recieved the room requested !! just give it a try.

you will love LW I did and am going on my 4th visit this year !!

buy your drink in dalaman airport while your waiting for your luggage ( duty free shop near baggage belts ) - it cheap and save pounds on drink at LW - ie vodka and coke is 6.75 NTL single shot, you pay for the coke 1.75 NTL and take your own vodka in a small water bottle !!
Thanks for the tips gregg! Funnily enough hubby only drinks vodka (or cider! which I don't suppose they will sell out there) so he won't benefit from the free inc drinks at LW (wine, beer) so that's a good idea to buy the vodka in Dalaman!

When you ring reception do they speak good English? Also do you have the number please? Thanks again :)
I did have the phone number but had a clear out yesterday !! just go on LW web site, it should be on there. I cannot remember seeing cider on sale but then I was not looking for it, vodka worked out at about £8 per bottle - you may get a deal at uk duty free airport - the xl plane prices are pretty steep on everything, and take your own food with you from the departure lounge filled rolls etc - you cannot take food or liquids thru security but anything you buy afterwards you can take with you on the flight and take bottle water for each of you as the heat will hit you when you get outside Dalaman airport :rofl maybe you'll get cider in a small supermarket on your way, the wine and beer is ok at meal times, but then its what you like !!,

if you want the table of your choice at the marina in the evening be sure to be down there between 7 - 7.15pm as it fills up fast and you dont want to be looking for somewhere to sit when you all you want to do is eat.
according to my lykia book you are in cat 5 type rooms which are in blocks l/o/p , l being the nearest to reception and most restaurants, most of these have side facing sea views, l is a single block whereas at the other 2 blocks have 2 rows, we were in t block and all my family and friends were in o block which are both next to the adult only pool and fish restaurant, it was quiet there and the furthest away from reception but we were happy there so depends what you prefer, the room begins with the letter ie we were in room t101, also you need to decide whether you prefer a ground room or second floor. hope this helps

karen
hi ellie-meg,

when are you going back to LW ?
If I was ever to stay in the Village again, I wouldn't be too bothered about location, as nowhere is more than 10 minutes from anywhere else.
I would ask for a top floor room, however, as there are no carpets on the floors, and if you have people above you it can be noisy.
not sure gregg as i like to try out different places, but lykia is definitely one of the best hotels we have stayed in, we are going to turkey next week not sure whether to stop with my mother or book a cheapy hotel or the grand azur 5* oh decisions lol. and in may we are going to try the aegean dream but i dont think it will be as good as lykia world the only hotel that is similar in surroundings and food etc is letoonia which we enjoyed, i will return 1 day to lykia as my youngest daughter loved it there
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.