Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: lykia world
1440 Posts
There are 3 floors in most blocks. There are sea view rooms but they cost more. They would expect you to pay a supplement.
Why are you looking to book a specific room? Is there something you want to be close to?
Bridd, no not at all we are not really too bothered about location if, as you say everything is within 10 mins, it was gregg who suggested I ring up and ask for a room of my choice but as we don't know the place it wouldn't really make alot of difference to us, the only thing that we would prefer would be a top floor, I just thought as gregg was suggesting I ring up to choose a room that there must be good reason to do this as he/she rings before each visit to ask for the room of his/her choice but like I said we haven't been before so I can't really ask for a specific room! I have looked on the LW site at the map and the blocks that ellie said that we would prob be in all look fine to me, so I am happy with that, but I will ring nearer the time to ask for a top floor :)
I think it's probably only worth requesting a room if you have been before and really liked a particular room. We aways request the same room in the residence as there are a couple of rooms which don't attract the sea view supplement but have a lovely view along the coast to Olu Deniz. We like seeing the twinkling lights at night!
hi

if you want a connecting room with a sea view then this would be cat 6 location s ,these are a lot bigger 10 sq meters more and sleep 8 instead of 6, so these will be a lot dearer. we had a ground room and didnt have any noise from upstairs not sure if we were just lucky lol. the rooms are really lovely so im sure you will be happy with any of that row, if you want a top floor why dont you contact your TO and ask them to add this as a request to your booking it isnt guaranteed but might help
I emailed my request for a top floor room in P block about a week before we went and this was fullfilled :)
Bridd - which room do you normally go for in the residence ? as i go for one on the second floor facing the reception entrance - but it is covered by trees and some buildinds but has a lovely view of the sun rise and mountains. the night view over olu seems great !!
Finally a Result!! :tup I rang XL (our TO) yesterday to once and for all find out the room type that we have booked as we paid quite a bit extra to have a family interconnecting room but XL were always rather clueless when i contacted them about this a few months ago, so anyway yesterday I rang them, was told by their agent that he would contact the allocations manager and ring me back within half an hour....well 24hrs later he still hadn't rang back, so I rang him again, his day off so another agent said she would find out and ring me back....she did and confirmed that we have a 'unit 6' type family accommodation with 2 bathrooms, I am assuming by unit 6 she means catrergory 6?? So hopefully this will be correct as I am sure ellie you said these are the larger rooms? Is that correct? I know you said they are in block S? Is this facing the sea? I have looked at the interactive map on the Lykia site and I am sure that S is sea facing. Quite excited now!! : :cheers

What are the ground floor terraces like? Are they open plan (for everyone to walk past) or do they have a small fence around rather like a balcony?
twinkletoes -

from what i can remember but i may be wrong :whoops

those with sea view just have a front door like all the rest and your balconey is facing the sea overlooking the main beach below - you also have the cocktail bar below too - its romantic in the evening just soft music being played - it you like that thing,

when you get there pick up a weekly programme

and take something to wear one item to be white and one item to be red as they have a gala night and you wear either black and white or red and white - get all your family involved - you dont have too wear them but the staff think you have been before and you will feel part of the theme as they do a show by the main pool - it was fantastic in sept as it was the show they were previewing for this year.
Category 6 are all sea view rooms. They are a wee bit bigger than cat 5s, the extra space being mainly in the sitting area. The terrace is just like a balcony. Nobody can walk past as there is no path between you and the sea. I've got some photos of these rooms. PM me with your email addy if you want me to send them to you.
Hi Bridd

Perhaps you would like to post the photos in our Photo Gallery (link at top of the page)?

I'm sure any members going to this hotel would find them useful.

If you do decide to post them please ensure you have enough information in the caption such as hotel name, resort, country and date.

Thanks.

luci :wave
Will have a go when I get time Luci
hi

according to my book cat 6 rooms are 59 sqm whereas cat 5 are 49 sqm, lets hope you get cat 6 as they are in a great location
Hi everyone,
Thanks to every one who is contributing to this great forum. I have 2 or 3 queries and I am hoping to some kind souls here will be able to provide me with answers.

Q.1. We are going in 2nd week of april around (11/04/2008) - Would childrend paradise be open at that time of year ? (considering the fact that we are going there after Easter half term holidays) So my guess is that if they open facilities for easter holidaymakers, they would leave it open for rest of the season.

Q.2 I am not quite familiar with the lykia world, and not able to find a decent map for it anywhere. Is it absolutely essencial to upgrade to decent (sea facing) room or most other rooms will just be ok. When on a holiday, we dont normally spend much time in the room anyway.

Q.3 How does one get to olu deniz city centre from lykia world (taxi is the only option or dolmus available too). Do we need to pay tip to the taxi drivers , if so How much is acceptable).

Q.4. Any good travel agents in olu deniz that one can reccomend for daytrips etc.

Q.5. Any idea on price of excursions/day trips per person?

Thanks in advance.
hi

i can answer some of your questions, no there isnt any dolmuses to olu from lykia and a taxi when we were there was £5 each way not sure if its more than that now

most of the rooms are lovely except the garden rooms these dont have balconies, so dont worry about paying huge amounts for upgrading, the scenery around lykia is fab, lovely mountains, gardens sea etc

there are a few people selling trips from olu this is cheaper than from lykia ,not sure of the prices depends what sort of trips you want to to do

i cant help you with whether the paradise will be open or not, i would have thought your TO would help you with that

have you had a look at lykias own website i thought that had a map, if not i can try and photo this one and email you it,let me know

karen
For info on excursions, if you go to: http://www.thomsonexcursions.co.uk/ and input your dates and Olu Deniz, it will show you most of what's available and prices. If you book through a local excursion office, it will be cheaper. But bear in mind that Lykia will not let them in to collect you and you will have to walk up to the entrance to wait for them. Lykia themselves also have an excursion booking office, which we used.

I should imagine that whether or not the Children's Paradise is open will depend on the weather, which may or may not be good that early in the year. If it is open, I can promise that the water will be absolutely freezing! It was too cold for me in August!
Just thought - Thomson don't go there in April, so put in imaginary dates in the summer! Someone should still be running similar trips in April and it will give you an idea.
Here is a link to the interactive map on their own website
http://www.lykiaworld.com/Cultures/en-US/InteractiveResortMap.aspx
I agree with everything the others have said. It's very expensive to upgrade rooms once you arrive and it's not necessary unless you find yourselves in a garden room.
Thanks to everyone who responded.

I have seen the interactive map, I was hoping to find something that I could print off.

I have found contact details for lykiaworld on their website and emailed them to confirm the opening dates for childrens paradise around 11/04/2008. However I am not too hopeful of receiving any reply, can anyone suggest any other means to confirm apart from phoning them. Regards.
mehmeh1 wrote:
For info on excursions, if you go to: and input your dates and Olu Deniz, it will show you most of what's available and prices. If you book through a local excursion office, it will be cheaper. But bear in mind that Lykia will not let them in to collect you and you will have to walk up to the entrance to wait for them. Lykia themselves also have an excursion booking office, which we used.

I should imagine that whether or not the Children's Paradise is open will depend on the weather, which may or may not be good that early in the year. If it is open, I can promise that the water will be absolutely freezing! It was too cold for me in August!

Thanks for that. Thomsons site gave me good info. on excursion prices, I am assuming that local travel agents in olu deniz would charge significantly less then what thomson are quoting on their website.

I am also quite worried about freezing cold water temperature in children's paradise and other outdoor pools. Has this place got other facilities which would help me keep a 6 year old child occupied, and I don't want kids to get bored. I know I should have worried about it before booking, but I made a mistake and now I am just hoping that everything will work out best for us.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.