Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: lykia world
1440 Posts
Hi Doe,
when you eat in the a la cartes they will bring you the wine list. It's not that pricey but not cheap. You can still opt for the free wine and beer. Just ask for the house wine and you won't need to pay.
The Turkish a la carte was a buffet not waiter service.
the turkish restaurant was definitely waitress service the night we went unless they do some nights self service and others waitress, seems a bit odd lol
We went in August 2006. Definitely a buffet. It must vary. The drinks were waiter served though. I remember the meat cooked in the oven like a well that you mentioned! That was certainly unusual. We are looking forward to returning to Lykia end May/ beginning June for two weeks.
Thanks again folks. The being waited on thing is one of hubbie big beefs about most AI's however nice the food is, it just isn't the same experience as when it's served to you. I think it's all that endless scrapping of chairs across the floor and the moment you go to put in a mouthfull of food the person behind you gets up and jabs their chair into yours. LOL.

Brilliant tip about the wine Bridd, I just kind of assumed we would have to pay for it in the a la cartes, along with the cover charge.
My lot are the opposite. We only go to buffets if possible. It is called greed (and impatience! Sometimes waiter service can be so slow and we, esp the autistic one, can't bear it!)
When is the best time to ask to keep our room on for the day as we have a middle of the night flight home, should we ask on checking in or sometime during the 2 weeks? It's just if there is a chance that we can keep our own rooms then they might need to plan it so new guests are not allocated our rooms on our departure day (if you follow me!) so might be best to give them plenty of notice?? We have booked interconnecting family rooms so would they let us keep both rooms or just one half of the connecting room and lock the door between? I hope they will allow us to keep our own rooms on (even if it's just the one) this would be so much more convenient, even if we have to pay.

Also is Lykias main entrance far from reception? We have booked a private transfer and if we are dropped off at the entrance will we have far to walk as it will be the middle of the night?
Depends who is doing your transfer. We use Orange, and they fax LW with the our details and they are allowed in. There's no way you could find reception in the dark with all your luggage if you don't know the way.
I would ask about your late room when you check in and again the day before you leave.
Thanks bridd, we have booked our transfer with Hamish McTurk as he was the cheapest and I have read he has good recommendations on here, does anyone know if he will be allowed into the Lykia site to take us to reception?
we also used orange cars and they dropped us off at the main reception entrance so that was fine it was the walk to the room with all the cases that was a bit of a hike lol
Are you not shown or driven to your room then? Especially as it will be middle of the night when we arrive? I thought there might be a sort of golf cart or similar to take us and our luggage to the rooms?
Twinkletoes - why don't you ask Hamish. If he can't take you all the way it might be an idea to rebook with someone else. I can't see there being a problem though. If he's any good he will probably be doing transfers to Lykia World all the time.
Well apparantly Hamish isn't at his office over the winter (he won't be there until April) but I have sent a PM to Maverick who is a member on here and has used Hamish and seems to know him quite well so hopefully he can advise, if not then yes I think we will cancel and re book with orange
A porter took all our cases, he used a trolley, but we did have to walk.

The turkish restaurant was also a buffet last year when we went and the chinese was open oferring limited buffet dishes at lunch time, there was no charge for this and it was very quiet then.
Just to let you know I emailed Hamish, he got straight back to me and confirmed that he is allowed into Lykia and will take us to reception!

Also pamplemousse, what type of room did you have at Lykia as I know you have 4 kids? Was it the interconnecting type? Sorry if you have told me this before but will take too long to read through all these posts again, sorry! Do all the interconnecting rooms have 2 bathrooms in the village and the ordinary family rooms have the step down with seperate area for kids to sleep, do they have just the one bathroom? Is this correct? I'm still hoping that we get what we paid the extra for...interconnecting family rooms with two bathrooms. If I ask about this at reception when checking in would they be happy to change the room type there and then if they have allocated us the wrong type do you think? Don't fancy the long walk to accommodation in middle of night to find it's the wrong type and have to wait till morning then waste part of our first day moving and sorting this out? I'm just worried as I think our first week will be busy as it's half term and they may not be so accomodating:(
we were given an unsuitable room and got it changed fine, as when i had booked this i contacted lykia to have all our rooms near each other as there was 30 of us and when we arrived our room wasnt near everyone elses and they gave us 2 choices to move to. im sure if you have paid for interconnecting rooms and have the invoice to prove this there shouldnt be any problems, so dont worry. our room was a room for 2 adults and 3 kids although we only had 2 kids with us, so we had a king size bed and steps down to a bed settee in our room, 1 bathroom with seperate loo and shower cubicle and huge sink area, massive walk in wardrobes and another little room with l shape bed settees that my 2 kids slept in, saying that these l shaped beds were only suitable for under 12's really although my son was 14 at the time he was small for his age, hope this helps
Do you know i never gave a thought, are the rooms in the village non smoking? Should I request a non smoking room? Same as the restaurants, are they non smoking?
I don't think there's such a thing as a non smoking room in Lykia World. The rooms all have little signs asking you to only smoke on the balcony but I suppose people will smoke where they want.
Thanks bridd, what about the restaurants, is smoking allowed in them? I guess we have got so used to the smoking ban here that it will be strange to see someone smoking in a restaurant (as well as not being very pleasant for us non smokers) :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.