Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi

just wondering if anyone has been to lykia in October half term? it looks like that is probably the last week of the season. Is everything on or will it be winding down. Also what will the weather be like , half term is 25the october to 1st Nov
Hi Mary
I just had a brochure for the new Lykia World in Antalya. It is meant to open in April. It looks quite different from Olu. It's not got the stunning scenery but the rooms etc look lovely. There don't appear to be any children's facilities yet although these are planned. The brochure is promoting the spa/adult/golf stuff very heavily.
bridd - thank you so much - you have just answered my question then as main reason im going is for the childrens facilities as its juut me and my little boy 6. will book the old deniz one which is coming out £500 cheaper. thanks for your reply im sure i will be back with lots of questions. :wave:
IM SURE SOMEONE MIGHT KNOW THE answer TO THIS - I AM (Oops sorry) lookIng at the cosmos site - (i have to book it here as paying with tesco deals). i am going for the Cheapest room twin, std faciliites A/c with balcony op=r terrace - as these are cheapest is there a possibility i will get the dreaded garden rooms. would cosmos know. also being on my own id rather be in a busier side iyswim. thanks
Hi Mary
you are ok as you have a balcony or terrace. The Garden Rooms have neither. Hope you have a great holiday.
Hi Lesley

We went to Lykia World last year October 19th to 29th, Myself Daughter Son in Law 3 boys 9 5 & 2 staying in connecting rooms in the Residence. All the facilities were open but the outdoor pools were very cold although the artificial beach pool at childrens paradise was quite warm. It was the only one that the youngest would go in.

The weather was mainly good but had heavy rain at least twice the first week when there was no entertainment laid on for the children caused quite a few complaints at reception.

We all enjoyed our holiday and would be happy to go again.

Hope that helps you

Chris
Does anyone know how much a taxi would be to LW from the airport and how long would it take can you get them at the airport or would i be best to book one ?there are 2adullts 2 kids 1infant.
Whats the weather like usually from the 23rd june to 7th july ?
Also is there a turkish bath at LW as i would love to go for one of those all over body scrubs to prepare my skin for the sun.
:)
HI we normally book a taxi through orangerentacar.com from Dalaman to Lykia World. Haven't been for over a year but it was £45 one way and £80 return for 4 of us in a minibus. Would use them again.
Hi mamajama.

Think we were quoted £90 return by orange last year (but can't find my e-mail confirming it) and, although there was a mixup and we got transferred in a taxi from Thomas Cook, it wasn't orange's fault so we would (try to) use them again.

We were at LW mid to end of June last year and the second week had a heatwave with temperatures we were told more usual for a very hot August. Very very hot but coped with extra water, sitting in shade (and I never sit in the shade!), extra sun factor and doing everything at a snail's pace. Oh - and never straying too far from the pool! We also used to go and have lunch in the shade about noon till 2.30! Just to keep out of the sun you understand ... We are going end of July this year and i'm not too worried because we were fine in the heatwave last June.

I didn't try the turkish bath but two friends we met had one about halfway through holiday and loved it (and went a very nice shade of brown afterwards).

anice
Hi mamajama, We have booked a private transfer with Hamish McTurk from Dalaman to Lykia World for this May, he has good recommendations from people on here and is slightly cheaper than orange, here is his web address: http://www.hamishmcturk.com I emailed him for a quote and booked with no probs, he also goes right into Lykia reception and dosn't drop off at the main entrance. :)
how long is the transfer. is it because of the waiting around most peoplebook a taxi from airport? thanks
A private transfer is about an hour and a quarter.
Just noticed your question about the turkish bath. There is one and its great.
Hi looking for a bit expert advise re room types in Lykia World. We were lucky enough to go to Lykia last summer and loved it so much we've booked up again for this summer - we go on Friday 25 July for 2 weeks. We were on a package hol last time and ended up in a category 4 large family room in the Kekova block. This room type had 2 separate rooms which was great for my husband, myself and our 2 kids (then aged 13 and 9). This year due to the extortionate package tour prices quoted we decided to book our flights and accom separately which saved us quite a bit of money - the difference between us being able to afford to go back to Lykia or not! We've booked our accom with somewhere2stay.com and the room type is a large family room with sea view - category 3a I think. The only thing my hubbie and myself are concerned about is whether the room will be big enough to take the 4 of us and whether there's a separate changing area for my daughter to get ready in - she's a typical 14 year old who likes her privacy! We wondered about phoning Lykia to pay for an upgrade to a bigger room but really thought I'd seek advice first. Any idea how much an upgrade would cost and how do we redeem the points we gained from last year - think we've got about 850 points but not sure whether that'll go towards a bigger room or just a pint of beer!
Hi bigwoo - I found a huge price difference between cat 3 and 4. Cat 4 would have been ideal for us four but our budget meant that we stayed in a "large superior" cat 3 in P block last year and our previous visit, and to be honest we managed fine. I have a 14 year old daughter too so I know what you mean about them getting ready ;) . My daughter sometimes used to go up to the room an hour before us to get ready, and sometimes take all her stuff in the bathroom for half an hour. Our two will be 14 and 6 when we go in July this year and we have the same room type again. I know its not ideal but I think we can all cope with it for a fortnight, expecially as it would make the difference between going to LW or not.

As to the repeaters points I don't have a clue but would be interested to know. Didnt sign up after our fist visit, couldn't get any info from LW last year (tried severeal times by email) and this year will be our third visit so hope we haven't missed out too much!

anice
Hi Bigwoo
cat 3 is not a family room . They are cat 5 or 6. Cat 3 is a large room with normally 2 beds plus a sofa bed to sleep 3. The very first time we went to Lykia World we had one of these cat 3 rooms for 4 of us. MY boys were young and didn't mind being squashed in with us but it was a squash. They put a 3rd single beside the other 2 beds and the 4th person slept on the sofa bed. There was no space between the 3 beds.
Maybe they have given you 2 cat 3 rooms? These are interconnecting and are referred to as cat 6 normally. I doubt it as this would be far more expensive than the family room you had previously. Cat 3 is about the same size as the family room if you take away the 2nd bedroom.
We always redeem our repeater points to get a chunk off our drinks bill on checkout. We normally get about £40 off.
Just checked room type is '1x Vill Lge PF SV 3+C + 2 extra beds' - can anyone decipher what kind of room that is :que ?!
1x Vill Lge PF SV 3+C + 2 extra beds

I think that's a cat 3 village room with partial or full sea view for 3 adults +1 child. It's got 2 beds already so sounds like they are going to squeeze another 2 in.
Hi there read through some of the pages but 83 is a bit too many to browse. I'm going with my family in September this year. @ adults and 3 children. We are in a Family Room CAt 4. I've browsed Lykias website and it seams fine but could anyone confirm exactly what and where they are ? Also any reccomendations as to what block to ask for etc

Any help would be very much appreciated .

Cheers ;)
Cat 4 is what Bigwoo had. (see his/her post about 6 back) They are all in K or T block. I like T as you have a slight chance of a sea view and are handy for the adult-only pool.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.