Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
PAPHOS
309 Posts
Chris that was black whip snake very common here and totally harmless, unless you annoy it then look out for that whip..fearsome..and very fast!!
can grow up to twelve feet in length !!
thanks, makes me feel better but you should of been there at the time. to tell me. lol
can you please calm me down how many snakes will i encounter on my trip starting to pack long trousers and bicycle clips so they wont travel up my legs
A very worried Mabs
i did not see one snake when i went to cyprus only in an actual reptile park, dont think you have anything to worry, especially if you are in tourist area, they tend to stay out of it.
Makes you wonder - if people don't like cats, what's their reaction going to be to a 12 foot snake sliding across the hotel lawns? Or maybe a spider the size of your hand?
especially while your sunbath and it wraps ur arms to the sunbed, hehe..

just messing.
Thanx Chrisamaleuk2002 dont mind going the zoo but dont fancy walking side by side with them.
Never thought i would have to share my holiday with them. can just about share it with the hubby only joking if he is reading this :lol:
Have to tell you that it is very common indeed to see snakes here...maybe not though in the tourist areas as they are shy animals..because you did not see any don't think they are not around...they most certainly are!!

slither... 8)
I'm absolutely terrified now! Knew about there being snakes in Cyprus but BIG spiders?! :shock:

However I don't think it's enough to put me off going to Paphos though, still a gorgeous place on earth. :)
quite weird i know that there are lots of spiders, but i went for two weeks and didnt see one. Only saw ants but they are much bigger than ants here.
Aren't they just?!

1 nearly picked up the baby and carried her off last sept! :lol:
lol. but just be cautious, one of my friends was really scared everytime he went to the toilet he would look down every 5 seconds to make sure a snake wasnt in the flushing system.
:omg

will you stop it! Never thought about that but you can be sure I will now.
We'll be careful though thanks. Only 4 weeks and 6 days to go!
Snakes and spiders tend to keep out of the way of humans if they can, so you're very unlikely to see anything like that around your hotel.
Also, partly the point of this topic, the feral cats help control them too.

My hotel also had a resident kestrel that nested on the roof and most days you could see it hunting over the fields or along the shoreline. Brilliant to watch....
Will keep eyes peeled now for anything that moves.with legs or without.!!
Will be ok as long as they dont want to eat what i am eating at the same time.
Do we need to take extra care when we go off the beaten track ?
weve got you really worried havent we?
im more worried of cochroaches than snakes or spiders. Once told my friend they crawl in your bellybutton he fell for it.
You sure it wasn't you that fell for it? :lol:

You've even got my daughter worried now and this will be her first visit!
no because i was one of the people saying it to him and he would sleep with light off.
But id say there nothing to worry about i mean think of the thousands that go abroad and nothing happens what so ever.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.