Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
petra mare hotel
599 Posts
Hiya elli, we are travelling on the 26th too :D and can't wait but think I've already mentioned that :lol: From what people have been saying, yes the beer is served in plastic cups if it's being consumed outdoors :D

Will hopefully see you there,

Shell :wave
hi elli
we will be on our 2nd week when you arive and my family husband + 2 girls are big bolton wanderers fans so it would be nice to meet up with you
Anone out there between 2nd and 16th August. Arriving with 2 kids aged 5,girl and 9, boy. Shes happy to make friends but he can be a bit reluctant, I agree they have a lot better time if they can find a pal. He's footie mad, is there anywhere for them to kick a ball about without upsetting other guests?

cheers
Shaz
got home from work and decided to phone to see where my tickets were, as fly on 19/07, was told they had been sent to someone else and they had just returned them so have now been sent to me. I hope my holiday gets better after this start. :roll:
hi im sure ive read this somewhere but im not entirely sure of the answer, so sorry to repeat, but can anyone tell me if the beach has many sandy patches on it please? as we have young children so the pebbles are not too good.

is the food better as the brochure only gives it a 50% ok differebt food is not everyones cup of tea but from a safety point of view is it edible?

Are ther many shops nearby, within walking distance?

lastly we would be going early july 2006, ant ideas as to what temperatures we should get.

many thanks

claire
Hi claire, answers to some of your questions.
We were out there from 21st june to 6th july, very hot,one day it was 101 degrees in the shade but nice breeze coming in off the sea. Food varies it is safe to eat, you should always be able to find something you like.The beach isn't great but I would think the kids would be able to build sandcastles, there is a bit of shingle but the sand is a bit gritty.It is about a 10 or 15 minute walk into town where there are a few tavernas and shops, not bad.
Hope this helps have a great time, wish we were going again!!!
graeme
thankyou for your reply, your advice has been really helpful.

just got to make the choice now crete cyprus or majorca???

thanks again

claire
Thanks for the reply shell & deltrotter 2 we'll have to get together and have a boogie on the dance floor :pele or at least a drink :glynis , and shaz we'll be on our 2nd week when you arrive and my youngest lad will have just turned 10 and i'm sure he would love to play football with your son :yipee ,anyway 10 more days to go :hyper .
Yippee eli 10 more days and counting :pele Would be nice to get together for a drink or 3 :lol: :glynis

Safe journey's :wave
eli, is it your son's birthday whilst you are out there, as my Daughter will be 11 on the 4th August :D
hi elli
will keep a look out for bolton tops, which part of bolton you will be nice to have a boogie on the dance floor and a few late nite drinks. on count down now only 4 days to go
which part of bolton you from elli
Hey del, hope you're counting us in :wink:

Shell :D
i'll keep a look out for new arrivals on the 16th
Hi Shell dont worry weve got a B W F C top for you already,and yes our youngest son Adam is 10 on the 29th July, does anybody in your family like cricket ? my eldest son loves it at the moment and your neck of the woods is quite famous for it or so he tells me :roll: he wants to know whether he can watch the test match on holiday,kids dont you just love em, :hmmm
Hi Deltrotter2 , we live at Tonge park at the moment but were moving to Harwood when the people buying our house sell theirs :bhead weve only been waiting five months, anyway are you close by? Guess you,ll be packing soon lucky you :mrgreen: How early are you going to the airport before you fly ? i,m not sure to go two or three hours before we fly :shock: anyway dont take all the best sunbeds before we get there and give us all the info on the things to do etc when we meet up 8)
Lets all meet up for a drink and a boogie! my lad is prone to wearing a SWFC shirt (promoted last season!!!). I'll be the daft mom attempting the cha cha slide everynight and my hubby is the bald headed misery, though he does crack a smile occassionally while we're away :lol: :lol: :lol:
really cant wait now, 17 more sleeps and we'll be there
I'll drink to that Shazzie :glynis

Shell :wave
cheers shell, see you on the 2nd :yipee
hi elli
we live morris green area.leaving for airport after picking kids up from school about 3.30 ish check in 5.00. just going to do my packing now 1 more get up, getting excited and kiddy.
will look out for new arrivals then we can all meet up for a drink
c u all then
adele
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.