Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Just got back today.
Great hotel, sad to be home.
Anybody wants to know anything I will be glad to answer your questions
hi been back 3 days had a great holiday hotel lovely food not to everyones taste but plenty of salads .rooms nice and cleaned every day with fresh towels ,if you want a sunbed got to get up 6.30and take towels down staff very helpfull small pool was very slippy round edge told staff and it was cleaned kids and husbands loved slides and watersports dont forget to knock price down for watersports works every time she is a lovely girl.WE went 2 years since entertainment alot better they just got to stop repeating food so much all in all had a good time ,
Hi there,
We are due to go to Petre Mare last week of August. Can somebody please answer a question for me? What is the dress code for the restaurant? Have the men got to wear long trousers?
I'm glad to see that most people who have already had their holi's at Petre Mare have had a good time. :P
One more question, How hot was it? Looking at the pictures in the brochure, there doesnt seem to be many parasols around the pool areas. Was there an adequate supply? :wink:

cheers joanyy.
hi no dress code as such not allowed in without shirt or in swim wear shorts worn at night .WEhave just come back was very hot but plenty of shaded areas to sit under sun porches there is nearly always a breeze but be careful you still burn especially the kids hope you have a great time/
No you don't pay for sun beds, usually you can get them most times of the day as there were plenty.
There are parasols around the pool, by the childrens pool there is also a shady pagoda with a few tables for extra shade.
Dress code also they didn't like men wearing vest tops in the evening, but did see men wearing shorts occationally, hope this helps
If anyone has stayed at this hotel please post a review HERE

luci :wave
See my review of the hotel on the reviews link.

Just got back from Petra Mare on Saturday.

You don't have to wear long trousers in the evening. I wore chino type shorts every evening without a problem.

As already stated, you cannot go into the dining room at anytime with swim wear on. So bikini tops etc must covered by a T shirt.

Great hotel, great holiday.
Hi y'all I,ve not been on the site for quite a while as my mother has been seriously ill ( leaking aortic aneurism)and has been in hospital for 6 week and I didn't know if I would be able to go on holiday. Thankfully she is coming out of hospital on Friday and will be well enough for me to go. It was touch an go for quite some time. Anyway it's good to see so many good reports from the hotel and I am now looking forward to a fantastic break with my daughter, (8). We travel on 9th August so only 13 more sleeps to lift off. Yipee for my holiday and yipee for my mum :D :D
good news about youre mom, we arrive on the 2nd so we'll have a drink to wish her well, only 4 more sleeps now, can't wait!!! see ya all out there :D :D :D :D :D :D
Hi Shazzie T Looking forward to that drink or three. :glynis You'll be veterans when we get there so you'll be able to give us all the goss etc. We've got 10 more sleeps, well 9 1/2 cos we have to get up at 3am. So have a fab time till we get there, then an even more fab time!!! :wave .

Ps. thanks for the good wishes.

Anne
Anne, can't wiat to see you all. my sister had an aneurism at the age of 27, so know a bit about what you're goin through. I'm also a teaching asistant(level 3 nursery nurse) though i hope we dont have too much shop talk on hollies!!! see ya there. love shaz
Hi again Shaz, Whey hey!! It's a very small world isn't it, I.B.P.s (Individual boozing plans) at the ready. Hope we meet all the targets. I see you are from Sheffield, my mum was in Sheffield Northern General so been there every day for past 6 weeks. My daughter Katie is 8 and makes friends with children of all ages so she'll be happy to play with your daughter. No doubt we'll meet somewhere by the kids pool or the slides. Have a drink for me when you get there on Tuesday.

Anne
Can anyone tell me what the weather in Crete may be like at the beginning of October as I am travelling to Petra Mare on 4 Oct for 1 week with my husband and 2 daughters (aged 5 and almost 2)?
Anne, only one and a half sleeps for us, cases packed, fake tan applied (hate been a milk bottle on arrival) and I.L.Ps (individual lounging Plans) in place. Feeling a bit streessed as I havent managed to sgift that three stone i was planning on losing, but what the hell, I hear the greeks like their lasses big. Besides, with all that lovely nosh i'll probably have added a bit more before we get back.

P.s does anyone know the greek for 'hello' and 'goodbye/night', we've got please and thank you but stuck on those two.

tara
Tara,
Hope you and your family have a great holiday, and come back nicely tanned. :D Don't let the little problem of not losing weight before hand spoil your holi. You can set christmas as a target when you get back! I also should have lost 3 or 4 stone, but hey too late now. Had to buy my holiday clothes in a bigger size :yikes
We fly out 3 weeks tomorrow, so you will have returned by then, hopefully with fantastic reports, as we have never been to crete before, and not sure what to expect, although we have done all in for the last 4 years. :D

Joanyy.
Mus'nt forget anybody else flying out this week, and hoping you all have a good time! :)
Cheers to you all. Have a drink on me! :wink:
Hi Shazzacat - long time no speak - I seem t o think that you are going on the 9th same time as Katie and me. I've had megga problems so not been on the site for a long time till this last week. Anyway are you packed yet!!!!!???? I'm nowhere near even trying yet, still have some last minute shopping to do but only 4 1/2 sleeps to go. Getting really excited. :hyper New reviews seem quite good :D. Hope to see you there.

Anne
re october weather, we went last year from the 5th of October for two weeks, rained afternoon and next morning when we arrived after that beautiful, very hot and humid.

Debating wether to go to petra mare or creta princess, as all free child places have gone at petra mare next year, from manchester.

Is el paso still open till the last man falls down?
:) Please can anybody who has already been to Petre Mare tell me where the best place would be to buy inflatables. Alot of hotel shops seem to be expensive, is this the case here? We've only got 10 more days before we fly out from manchester, can't wait now!!! :D

Joan.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.