Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
can't remember what the beer was but my husband said it was pretty good, they serve the usual hot dogs, chips, pizza etc from the snack bar near the pool or if you get fed up of that (as it's the same everyday) you can always eat inside just slip some clothes on top of your swimstuff. as rp bristol says weather underground is a site that lets you check the weather forecast for all different places and also look at past weather conditions just click on the link and the rest is pretty self explanatory.

K
Thanks for all your info ! Looks like i'm going have a great time! :fly 7weeks to go !
Hi All,

Just would like to know what excursions are on offer in Crete.
We usually book a few through the First Choice reps. Sometimes it is a good thing, other times it is cheaper to book elsewhere.

As we have 2 young girls 7 and 8 the trips need to be suitable for them. Is there a big water park in Crete?
Any suggestions where we should go whilst we are on holiday?
looking to go may
are the pools cold in may?
how long are the slides open for i'm sure i've seen it somewhwere that there not open all the time is this right please help! thankyou
hi we are looking to go may & this is on our short list ( top of) can anyone tell me
1: are the pools cold in may?
2: how long are the slides open for i'm sure i've seen it somewhwere that there not open all the time is this right

please help! thankyou :hmmm
Hiya, we went 2 years ago in July/August and the pool and lazy river were freezing then but I think it was mainly because the air temperature was so hot. When we stayed there the pools opened twice during the day 1 session in the morning and then they re-opened again for a couple of hours I think it was in the afternoon.

Shell :D
oops duplicated :oops:
  • Edited by shell 2007-03-26 20:49:59
hi kandice we booked for may we were told the slides were open 2 to 3 hours in morning and the same in the afternoon lazy river open all day look nice go to http://www.petramare.com 8)
Hi

Does this hotel have a indoor bar ? dont like feelin chilly at nite.

Also got a letter this morning our flight back to Manchester on the 8th has changed we have to drop at london gatwick adding another 1 hour on the journey home .
Kazy

why worry

after the third ouzo or racki you wont feel anything let alone the cold :rofl
too true wont feel a thing 8) :glynis
it has 2 indoor bars i think one is just for adults though 8)
If i start on the raki i wont feel my legs, never mind the cold :yikes
Hi all me again!!

Does anyone know if they have pool/beach towels available whether included in A.I or to hire etc?? Just wondering what I might need to take!

Are the sunbeds included or do you have to pay?? Beach & pool ?

Also i'm not sure if its this property but i've read somewhere that you can get your washing done ( sack full ) for a charge if you take it to reception? (not just dry cleaning)

Also are there no drinks making facilities in the rooms? some one had said about taking a kettle?

Thankyou
hi kandice
did you book petramare and what dates are you going
sorry if i was a bit strong on caleta but that is what it was like
mick 8) :D
hi all ,
just wondering if anyones been to piskopiano,crete im going there in june and would love some info on it im staying at the frida apartments . looking forward to it but know nothing about the place would appreciate any info you guys might have good or bad.

tanks sparkyjack.
Hi welcome... Have you read the Members resort reports
yet????

wizard
sorry if i was a bit strong on caleta but that is what it was like

Hi mick sorry but I can't find any comment from you on the caleta? I didn't recieve anything in my inbox on this, only the email about you forgetting to say you were going to crete on the 24th? Can you fill me in again please as This was another option for us :yikes

The only date I can get in May for petra that has a 6 bed (which we need or interconnecting) is the 8th may As usual I have left to last minute to book which is more expensensive!! and I've not booked yet as were still apprehensive on this hotel? :roll:

& also worrying about taking the children out of school! :oops:

But we have got to take a holiday before 10th of june as I am having a kidney removed which means I'm not going to be able to go too far for 6 months or so, and I'm so stressed about it I need holiday now! :rage

Any Recomendations on A.I propertys that sleep 6 in either interconnecting or 1 room would be appreciated if only for next year!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.