Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Good to hear you had a great time - we go next summer, a long way off yet! Still looking forward to it though 8)
glad you all had good time . not to glad to here about all the extras for kids club. ive got 2 kids and 1 baby so this could be exspensive for me (so much for all-inclusive holliday).Did you go into Ierapetra town ,if so was it expensive?. also not to happy about building works going on as we have not booked a sea-view (no mention about this from first choice). also did the transfer from airport go direct to the petra mare or did it stop at other hotels along the way. only 26 days to go
  • Edited by ginkster 2007-05-19 11:21:40
Hi Ginkster

the building work does't bother you , the hotel is like on a main road and they are building new apartments across the road so don't bother yourself to much . We went for a walk on the beach to the little town but it may because we went early season but it was like a ghost town everything half build are not open we did go cafe on the rocks for dinner it cost 33 euros for 3 ham and cheese toasties and 2 cheese burgers and 2 pints of carling and 3 kids cocktails so not to bad most meals ranges from 3euros to 9 for a main meal . You go straight to the hotel and it does take 1 1/2 to get there. :lol:
I'll try to post some pics for you to show you!
Cheers Kazykaz, Did you use the water sports IE: ringos bannana boat or jet ski, If so how much do they cost. I will look forward to you pics
The watersports were
ringos 15euro each, banana 10euro each , paragliding 35euro jet ski i think 25euro not sure forgot they also did a flyfish like ringos but a bed you all lie on 15euro they also do skiing but i dont know that one . he was walking around complex with his two little dogs that sing to you ! Our two girls went on banana boat and they were on for ages .kaz
:D Hi so glad you had a good time.

So as you seem to be the only person answering replies and you have just been there could you just enlighten me on the following lol

Are there tea making facilities in the room? or shall I bring my own travel kettle? Do need my cuppa first thing!

Do they fill your fridge with free soft drinks?

Are there cashpoints in easy reach? or should I just take the cash?

At the airport was you allowed hand luggage?

Was there shops to buy inflatables?

God I am so excited lol can you tell! Sorry for so many questions but I am living for this holiday. and thank you for what you have said so far as I did not know that I would need that much extra for the kids clubs!

Thanks in advance.

Redcrop x
Morning Redcrop

No kettle in room, but you can go down from 7.30 to help yourself to a brew and take it to your room no one stops you but they only small cups so if you like a mug take one with you they supply proper teabags my sis was the tea drinker and said it was fine i do coffee and they hav coffee machines and also do chocolate .

You have a fridge in room but empty they dont supply you with anything.

If you walk about 10mins on beach front it take you to the centre and i saw several cash machines.

Airport was fine you allowed 1 hand luggage each but dont put any liquids in bags they take it off you at passport control . it takes about 1hr to go though all richuals as well so get there at least 2hr before.

we got 2 inftables rings for 5euros each and a lilo for 8 euros but u could buy boats bolphins fishes and planes for various in the shop its open 7.30 till 2 then closes till 5 then open till 9 sells papers pop toffees . papers are a day behind and only arrive at midday.

You'll have agreat time but take high factors its really hot !! but can be breezy at night.

Karen :lol:
Hi

I have added some pic yesterday and some more just for you all to see sorry i cant put them on this page i haven't a clue what to do . but go to page 4 on photo under greece . regards karen
Hi Kazykaz

I just had i look at your pics they look fab, i am now really forward to going we fly out the 3rd July for 2 weeks me my hubby and 2 kids age 5 and 11..The slides look fab just enough for us, could you tell us if the all inclusive is availble at the water park, as we have booked the royal park in elenite in Bulgaria for july next year ( i know not been this hoilday yet)..but we have to to get free child places.I noticed that the water park there you get free entry but have to pay for drinks snacks ect....and there is no mention of this in the petra mare.
hi gail

The water park is actually part of the hotel and is availble all the time . we used to get sunbeds around the midlle of the lazy river and get drinks and food and take them to our beds even though the staff tell you not to take plates out of the cafe area but when she not looking every one did! . it not a seperate part at all its just the slide are only open 11 - 12 then 2-4 .

karen
Hi Kazykaz, can you tell me the start times for meals, also Did you notice what time sunset was at, also do the hotel have tv for watching sky sports cheers , Gink. Only 21 days to go.
hi

Meals times were breaky - 7.30-10.00 lunch 12.30-2 tea (not sure)6.30 -9pm. but snack bar open 10 am till 11pm with pizza chips hotdog and salad and a choice of sliced cake. The sunset was about 8pm .And for tv there is one in your room but we tried it and it had 1 english channel , then there was 1 in piano bar a small black one in corner but this was never on so not sure if they even have sky , but if you walk down into town about a 10min walk by the beach 'cafe on the rocks' deffinently had sky sports for those important matches!. regards kaz :lol:
Hi all going on Tuesday how long is the transfer to hotel,we land at around 3am so im really looking forward to that.not. :cry:
But we are all really looking forward to it :lol:
Its a long 1 1/2 hr on coach . :lol:
only 2 hours till we get picked up butterflies in stomach big time :fly
HI
I have just read a report on holidaysuncovered about someone who has just came back from the Petra Mare and they were sick along with alot of other people staying at the hotel. Has anyone just come back and had any problems. We go on the 17th July and was abit worried reading the report. :?
Donna
Hi we only got back this morning.Yes there were people going down with sickness and the craps,its a 12 hour bug we took immodium with us in case and we were ok.But don't it should be all clear by time you get there,you will have a good in promise you that.Don't forget plastic glasses though or you will be at the bar every 10 minutes :glynis
sorry about my spelling as i said we only got back at 8am this morning.
but you will have good time :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.