Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
re. ppi
110 Posts
Mario has left.

Anyone who booked through him need to check with the hotel as they are not holding any bookings... :cry:
Thats a joke. What about people who have paid deposits? Obviously people who have booked thru tour operators will be fine but if youve booked independently then they might have lost some deposit money?
Maybe Mario has seen the light and moved onto a better hotel.
Phoenix Park may not be perfect but it is the best in Candolim so you need to consider do you want to stay in the best location but perhaps not the best hotel in Goa, or a location near Candolim e.g. Arpora but a better hotel. Having done both options I will choose the Pheonix Park above a better hotel but IMO a worse location. Candolim is the best location as you can find it as lively or as quiet as you want adn can walk to the beach

If you booked through Mario check with hotel that your booking is valid
Like yourself Taffy I have also done both. If Candolim is your favourite location in North Goa then yes Phoenix Park is in an excellent location.
Ive heard a few other people say (in here) that its the best hotel in Candolim, on that I cannot comment cos its the only hotel in Candolim ive ever stayed in so I cant compare it against anything else. However, IMO, if its the best in the area I hope I never come across the worst.
All that aside, have a wonderful holiday, one thing we all have in common is our love for Goa.
Hi - personally wouldnt like to be there when all the building work is going on - my other half would feel like it was a bus mans holiday!
Goanne
:( bah I now have to find somewhere else as I am no longer getting my rate Mario has given me for 4 years. :?
Has it gone up by much Vegasone
Vegasone did Mario not tell you he was leaving :?: I know you love to stay in the hotel and its in a very handy spot I think it will not be the same if you have to go somewhere else ......colleen
my friend and husband were due to stay at phoenix park in november have had it booked since beg of year and about a month ago they had a letter from travel agents moving them to highland beach resort the reason given was that part of the hotel had been blown away in monsoon and rest badly damaged and were not taking guests
Has anyone any more info on this hotel being closed as a friend of my husband is going there in December :?:
its not closed.

Mario never emailed me to tell me, I have beem going since it opened I love it so much there. I have emailed them and the rate is 2000 rps per night... alot more than I used to pay and with flights at £400 plus I think I might have to look for somewhere else a bit cheaper now which is sad as I always stay at Phoenix, my Goa holiday wont be the same again :(
Hi Carol, the hotel is still open, and hasnt been blown away by the monsoon, its just having another block built and the building works will apprently be going on until 15th December.
Goanne
Thanks for that - we are going to Goa ourselves in December and hope to meet up with my husbands friend. We can now tell alls ok.
We are staying in Panjim
vegasone have you tried a package deal?we booked with thomson going 19th feb total price £575 each,that was cheaper than last year when we went with cosmos
I haven't looked really. However if flights are around £400 I will still be getting it cheaper as rooms at Phoenix are 2000 rps per night which is £20 I think so between the two of us its still cheaper to go DIY
veasone thomsons price of £575 was for a fortnight so i think it works out cheaper than diy if you are paying£20 a night plus £400 for the flight and taxi fares
I looked at the site and cant see it. I need to fly 25th 26th or 27th Jan and all there flights are Tuesday. I cant even find flights on flythomascook so I am just going to wait. I have looked at other hotels and nothing is coming in inder £500 for 2 weeks apart from places like Prazeres or Renton Manor and I dont want to stay so far away from the beach
does anyone know the name of the new manager yet? the hotel was great when mario was the manager i hope the new one is as good.sometimes things go downhill when management change.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.