Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
A friend of mine who works at the PP told me they will be building where the childrens play area is. They also intend to create a roofed cover over the BBQ similar to what they currently have over the bar.

A bit off topic but - we stayed there last year but felt the place lacked atmosphere, the food was rubbish, not enough sun beds to go around and got fed up listening to people discussing their finances with the time share people that were there all the time. :x However the room was comfortable and if we chose to stay in a hotel again, we would go back. Just hope they don't over develop the place - even less available sunbeds :x
if they build where the play area and presumably the car park are then there will be no need for sunbeds around the pool......there will be no sun to shine on it :(
Well this is Goa and there never seems to be much logic to the decisions they make :!: :roll:
Hi Vegasone, we too had too complain to Mario - I had bought a big box of Thorntons chocs for a friend in Goa and had left them wrapped up in a bag, when I went to get them, I had found that they had been `opened ` but put back together so as not to notice! when I looked there had been 2 chocs taken out - can you imagine if I hadnt noticed!
Goanne
Goanne, that is so shocking :shock: and could have been so embarrassing for you.
I visited the PP in November 06 and there were many aspects of this hotel I didnt like, and I would never return, even if it for for free!! :roll: But from what ive been reading people are saying some of the standards have been dropping at the hotel, so maybe we picked the wrong time to go.
IMO the best thing about the hotel, was outside - its in a great location!!!
I'm surprised at the comments regarding honesty. We left all sorts of things lying about the room, I-pod, camera watches etc mainly because I was too lazy to put them in the safe and nothing appeared to be interfered with.
or perhaps it was just that my stuff wasn't worth nicking :shock:
Personally never had any problems with the staff being dishonest either. Our room boy Sandeep was a little Gem.
Has anyone any information regarding the above, what is being built, impat on exisitng hotel, noise etc?

I do not want to be in the position where I have to move hotels and can only get accomodation outside Candolim. Have been in this postition before and although taxis are reasonable, 2 trips each way - each day adds up. Not to mention the time you spend sat in a hot taxi, in traffic

Any information would be appreciated
I will be speaking to my friend (who is the F & B manager at Phoenix Park) sometime later this week. I will ask him what the situation is. As I understand from him, the building work will be completed by December. (It is a further accommodation block).
Thank you Fizzy2
I look forward to your reply following your conversation with the Manager
Hi Taffy45 - Just to let you know I have spoken with my friend this morning. He has told me that building work will stop at the beginning of November and restart again off season. I hope this helps.
they are building a new but to the hotel..I mentioned it ages ago on the phoenix park thread.
Fizzy
Thank you for your information it has put my mind at rest, I didn't want to change hotels as we like the Pheonix Park and its positon in Candolim is ideal - Cheers
Hi Taffy, we have also stayed there so fully understand why you were worried.

Can only hope that what my friend said is right and that the hotel owners don't change their minds - I have never been mislead by him in the 8 years I have known him, and never been given a reason to distrust what he says so can only advise what he has said and trust that he has been honest about it. Like everything about Goa - you never know until you get there!

I do hope that their menu has significantly improved this year though - wasn't impressed when we stayed there in March 2006 :!: (my friend took over F & B in March 2007).
Hi Fizzy2

I felt their menu let them down, especially the snack menu - all dishes very similar. They could also do with a little bit more organisation at breakfast!1 But hey we are in Goa and it is still the best hotel I have stayed in at Candolim. That was my worry the tour operator would move us and then there would not be any availability in Candolim. Happened 2 years ago and ended up in the Lagoa Azul in Arpora, excellent hotel but not in Candolim!!

I really appreciate you taking the time to post the update
Taffy45
Hi, I believe Mario has now left the PPI and have heard it from the horses mouth that the building work will continue until the 15th December.
Goanne
We are booked in the Phoenix in feb next year,staying
at the Highland this Nov, will take a walk and check on the
building work.
Post update on our return in Dec.
Ann :) :)
has Mario left? omg that is terrible
the email address for phoenis is not working :cry:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.