Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
we're going feb 19th fizzy -do you think it will be finished by then? also do you know who the new manager is
thanks
I should think by February it will definitely be well and truly back to normal. They want it ready by mid December ready for the Brits. Looking at it now its hard to imagine this will happen but they seem to be throwing a lot of man power at it so maybe they will complete on time - you can never tell in Goa!

I did meet the new manager in passing but can't remember his name - sorry.
have you got Marios new email as I would like to keep in touch as I have done with him for a few years :(
Vegasone - sorry I don't know it - will try to find out for you. The hotel he is at is called the Riviera Hermitage at Arpora. Check it out on First Choice site.
Has anyone any updates on the building work? is it finished yet? We arrive on 1st Jan

This will be our first time at pheonix park, but our 7th year to Candolim.

From reading some of the posts here, it sound a good hotel, hope so.

Maria
called in to the Phoenix Park last week to check on the
building work,they were working flat out night and day
spoke to the manager about it and his reply was ,we have
guests booked in for 15th dec so it will be ready.we are
booked in for Feb so here,s hoping.
Ann
glad to hear that, we are going to the phoenix in march. my uncles there in feb so he can reserve me a good room!!!!
While visiting the Phoenix we asked to see a few rooms.
last time we were in room 203 near the breakfast area
we saw a room last week over reception and put in a request
for one there ,although they have no balcony the rooms are
much bigger.
Ann :)
i think we stayed in room 203 last year as well. i enjoyed the small balcony to do some reading in the morning whilst wife still in bed in the morning, mindyou i do get up at about 6am !!
has anybody who has come back from goa heard whats happening at the phoenix park regarding the building work. many thanks
Hi All
Happy New Year
Has anyone recently returned from the Pheonix Park adn can comment on the building work? Is it still ongoing? How much disruption did it cause? As we spend all day I am not too concerned about noise as we only use room to shower and sleep

Any updates would be appreciated
Hi, I returned on 3/12 and the building work was still going, they had completed the outside and the room and were working inside, apparently they were stopping on 15th Dec until the new year, we had a drink and some food whilst there, guests were saying that the pool gets hardly any sun now and its first up best dressed for the sun beds.
Goanne
We have just returned yesterday after 2 weeks at the Pheonix Park, this building is complete but they are still working on furnishing the rooms, brand new double beds. We went to the beach everday so could not comment on disruption during the day, but no noise in the evenings, this was our 7th visit to candolim but our first time at this hotel, previously stayed at Whispering Palms, Sunset, Magnum, Sonnesta, and Highland Beach, i would say this is the best one we have stayed at, the choice at breakfast was excellent. Highly recommended.

Enjoy

Maria
hi does anyone have the e-mail for the phoenix park hotel please
thanks
Don't know if they have kept this email address from last year; pri@savarparkplaza.com
Allan.
I used ppi@sarovarhotels.com this week and have already received a reply. When are you staying there? We arrive 20th Jan for 2 weeks and my sister is there at the moment and has said staff very friendly however not many of them are still there from last year or the year before
hi taffy four of us are going feb 19th for two weeks.thought i'd try requesting two new rooms.the ones we had last year were fine so i'm not worried if we dont get them but worth a try. have a brilliant time.
If your not bothered about a balcony the rooms over the reception are very nice. We stayed there last March and we requested them as we never sit on Balcony in March as its Goa to humid.

Paul
ps
Just got back from Thailand and its sooooooooo much cleaner
The balconies in PP are a complete waste of time as the pigeons have taken them over. We love sitting on balcony with book and glass of wine but it's a no no in PP so wouldn't go back because of that.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.