Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Thanks Sagres, just thought I would ask as you seem to have a quite a knowledge about the drinks available in Portugal, not that you have tried them all, ha ha bet someone had to twist you arm up you back to try some of them :lol:
Sagres,
You're beginning to get a bit of a name for yourself here....... can't understand why anyone would think that you like the odd beer or barrel!!!!
Pat
:rofl :glynis :rofl
Pat,

I had my trip to Tavira last month and found Bela Fria, went to eat there on a Sunday night and guess what?, picked the one night of the week it does not open. :(
However, Tavira is such a beautiful town and I will definately visit again, so will visit Bela Fria next time. I did get my Portuguese steak though. As we walked from Bela Fria to the centre, we noticed a restuarant on it's own, on the other side of the river (can't remember it's name), but it was excellent. So too were all of the other restuarants that we visited.
Roll on next year for our next visit, Cabanas is a possibility. 8)

Bertie
Hi Bertie,
Am so glad that you had a good time and liked Tavira.
It was a shame that Bela Fria was closed as you would have got a great welcome if you mentioned my name!!!
I think I know the one you went to across the river......think it was the one that I was telling you about as well as my friend's but I couldn't remember the name either!!!!!!! :shrug
The main thing was you got your steak and enjoyed it!!!!
Am booked up to go back 22nd May for 2 weeks.....can't come quick enough.
Got any plans to return yet.........once you get the Portuguese bug you can't get rid of it!!
Pat
:glynis
Nasher,

No Real Ale here I am afraid, best you will get is Boddingtons or John Smiths and the like. :shrug
Pat,
I have been to the Algarve about a dozen times, but usually to the west of Faro (Albufeira old town, Lagos, Alvor and stayed in Faro itself). However, my last visit was six years ago, and this short trip to Tavira really made me realise what i'd been missing.
It will now be next year before i return (got Fuerteventura in the summer)
and have got Cabanas high up on the list, along with a week in Lagos.
Can you recommend places to stay in Cabanas, would prefer an apartment.
Think that restuarant is called Beira Rio. :D
Thanks
Bertie :glynis
Bertie,
We always rent an apartment privately from a Portuguese guy.
In Cabanas itself you have 3 places that you can find on the web.
Cabanas Park complex which is just newly opened, Golden Club or Pedras da Rainha.
You should be able to see them and get prices for when you want to go.
If you want to go privately, then I suggest you just do a general search on apartments to rent in Cabanas. I often do this and have seen lots of different ones and varied prices.
As you have lots of time before you go, you should be able to find something no problem.
Very often in the supermarket in Cabby there are adverts for apartments and if you like, I can get a couple of phone numbers for you when I'm there in 18 days!!!!!!!!!! :hyper
If I can be of any more help, just ask!!
Pat
Well, 2 weeks today we should be there.......only thing is, mum in law (87yrs) fell and broke her hip and is in hospital and we're not too sure what is going to happen!!!!!!!
We will hold off till the weekend and see how things are but today, for the first time she actually looked reasonable compared to the last few days where it looked touch and go.
We will be needing our break in the sun by the time it comes......everyone keep your fingers crossed for us!!
Pat
Hi Pat,
Is your mother-in-law supposed to be going on holiday with you, or is it that you'll have to stay home to look after her if she doesn't improve?
Hope everything works out o.k. for all your sakes. :)
P.S. How much are you asking for the flight tickets if you can't go ?? :rofl :rofl
Hi Sagres,
She isn't coming with us but hubby feels we have to be here to support his 89 yr old father.....her sole carer, who refuses to accept any help from social services etc!!!!!!
I think we will decide by this weekend one way or another.
Don't know if you would want to come all the way up to Glasgow to fly to Faro but if you did, Globespan are selling on the same day with prices now down to £70 each return + £40 each in taxes = £220 in total not bad at all.... we took them @ £250 total!!!!!!
Will keep you posted re what we are doing!!
Pat
Hi Pat,
Can quite understand your ( and hubby's ) position. Hope everything works out for you. :gluck
Hi Sagres,
Thanks for that.
I am keeping my hopes up and feel that if it is not life threatening then we should go.
We can't live our lives thinking that something MIGHT happen......we have to live each day as it comes.
In the end it will be hubby's decision mainly and I will go with that.
Pat
Hi Pat

I think you should go for it as you have to look after yourselves too...............but then again, flights from Glasgow you say eh???????? :wink:

Hope it all turns out ok for you.

Lummie :D
Hi Lummie,
Thanks to you too.
I agree, I think we should go too as I always say that our parents have lived their lives and we have to get on with ours too ( I don't mean it in a selfish way as we do a lot to help them).
Being practical, we could put it off and then things are reasonably o.k. but then do we say "we still can't go in case sometning happens?"
That's what I mean by living for today as you don't know what tomorrow brings!!! :shrug
Pat
Hi Folks,
Looks like mum-in-law is out of the woods and although she will need a lot of rehab, looks like we will be going after all :hyper
Keep your fingers crossed for us that there are no major setbacks!!!
Sorry guys......you will have to get your own flights now!!
11 days and counting!!!
Pat
That's good news, Pat.
If I were you, I'd tell the mother-in-law that, if she goes in the woods again, you'll take her BMX off her !! :rofl
Ha Ha Ha....good one, Sagres!!
Pat
Just in case it's of interest to anyone, Jet2's flights from Blackpool to Faro for 2007 have gone on sale today.
( though why anyone would want to leave Blackpool for the Algarve is completely beyond me !! :rofl )
Hi Sagres, we are in four weeks, fed up of getting rusty so we are looking forward to getting a proper tan, :wink: we are all looking forward to going as we have never been to the Algarve before,we have always gone to the Greek Islands, but our Daughter husband and family are going with us, 7 of us all together 4 adults and 3 children :roll: hope the weather is hot
Margaret(madmum)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.