Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
cool thanx alot jen hope you have a fantastic time :D
Welcome home Pat42

Just spotted your name on the online list and thought I'd be the first to welcome you back !!! :D
Hi Everyone,
Yep, I'm back.......was I missed????????? :hmmm
We had a fab 2 weeks in Cabanas. We had 3 1/2 days of cloud in the middle but it was nice to give the skin a rest from the heat.
Most days it was high 20's and when we left yesterday, it was 31 deg!!!!
Now it's back to all the boring stuff e.g. Asda.......can't believe that when I went there today and bought some fruit (not that much) and it cost me £5....we have been used to getting the real fresh stuff from the fruiit markets, all usually less than 2 euros.......I'd say the cost of living there is still really cheap in comparison and everything seems so much fresher.
Oh, well, just need to start crossing off the 14 weeks till we go back in Sept :rofl
Sagres...... you'll be pleased to know that we enjoyed your namesake everyday but kindly left some for you....as for the tinto.....well, make up your own mind!!!!
:rofl :glynis :rofl
I'm back.......was I missed?????????

Erm............................. NO !!! :rofl
:whoops ....it should have been the letter "p" instead of "m" :rofl :rofl
In that case..................

Erm........................... Yes, probably. :lol:
:yikes They've opened a karaoke bar in Lagos !!!! :shock:
Friends have just returned and informed us - it's only doing karaoke twice a week apparently, but, in my opinion, that's twice a week too often.
My beautiful Lagos does Not,repeat NOT, need a :swear karaoke bar!!
The guy who owns the bar has several others in the town, so, if this one's a success, it'll spread to his other bars. Nothing personal, but let's hope it's a massive flop.
Sorry about the extra emoticons, Wiz., but I'm really :swear off about this.
Sagres,
I can understand your reaction........why don't these people leave Portugal well alone and stick to the seaside resorts in their own country (no offence meant)?????????
Horror upon horror that they are taking away the loveliness of the place and totally spoiling it for the likes of you and I who go to Portugal......for Portuguese culture not :swear KARAOKE :omg
I hope it all goes down the drain too ................ and yet you will get those who love it along with their "English breakfasts" etc etc and just want "home in the sun"!!!!!!!
They will never experience the wonderful hospitality and friendliness that we do and love sooooooooooo much, my friend.
Pat :sulk
I've no objection to karaoke per se, Pat,-if people who can't sing want to get up in public and make fools of themselves, that's fine by me.It's just that they(or probably,to be fair, the establishment owners)think that they've got to be audible at least 500 yards either side of the bar !! It shows a total disregard for other people, but, there again,isn't that the way of the world these days.
I'm going to shut up now because I've just read this back and I sound like my Dad ! :lol:
hi sagres
going back to lagos in 3 weeks time - where in town is this new bar so we can avoid it
the reason we like lagos i that its not over commercial with english bars and pie n chips eating places
has it been opened by louis who owns3 bars in town ?
rabrown,
Yes - apparently it's at O Artiste which is the adjacent bar to Luis' opposite the hotel Tivoli and owned by Luis. It's a fair way out of the centre of town, but nowhere near far enough out of town for my liking.
It's just my bigoted opinion, of course, but there's an ideal spot for a karaoke bar - about 3 kms. due West of Cap St. Vincent !! :lol:
thanks for the info sagres
we only tend to use luis bar early doors if we are walking back to our apartment in the marina from town so the cats choir will not affect us
rabrown,
If you're looking for an alternative watering hole close to the Marina apts. the Marina Sao Roque hotel has a lovely bar just opposite reception on the ground floor and non-residents are welcome.
I hate karaoke, I don,t see why people who don.t like it should have it shoved down their necks when they are trying to have a quite drink. in some -places you can.t get away from it. :x
only five more sleeps the my tribe and I will be there sooooooooooo looking forward to it never having been before, Perry(algarveadick) your bar comes highly reccomended so look out for four adults (one witha wlking stick) and three children see you hopefully Saturday night
Regards Margaret(madmum)
It must be getting close to the time when Glynis :glynis goes to the Algarve. I've just been looking at a couple of webcams near Lagos, and it's absolutely bucketing down !!! :lol:
Oh dear.............that means that instead of sunbathing, she'll need to stay indoors in the local watering holes and drink all the sagres up.......bad news for you, Sagres.......there might be none left for you :lol:
:glynis
Thank God the website is back online, Ive really missed it. Cheers Jayjan
I've been so bored I even watched some football - well, the Radio Times said it was going to be football but it turned out to be England !!! :wink: :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.