Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
well, guys, all I can say is c'mon Andy Murray, c'mon Portugal..................
Look at my avatar and you will know why................
:rofl :glynis :rofl
Come on gang.. this thread is for HOLIDAY related chat NOT sport

please keep within the conditions i set when we started this thread

wizard
Sorry, Wizard, just getting carried away (as usual) with anything to do with Portugal!!!!!!!!!!!!
:oops:
Spoke to our friends in Lagos again last night;apparently the town is really busy this week.Let's hope that the Algarve is going to have a good season this year to make up for the last two quiet ones.Let's also hope that it's not too overcrowded for Glynis' sake.
Talking of Glynis, I think she may be enjoying herself;I sent her a p.m. just in case she was missing work and logged on, but there's been no reply.Either she's been too busy enjoying herself or the Sagres is too strong for her and she can't focus on the keyboard. :rofl
Sagres,
I think it's probably a mixture of both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wizard,
Is the web address change permanent, as there was a suggestion earlier that the new address was just a temporary one.
holidayforums.co.uk is one of registered sites when we get the problems with Holidaytruths sorted it will return HOWEVER i am told that holidayforums will be a permanent link as well

wizard
Great - I'll keep both links bookmarked then, in case one goes belly-up.Thanks.
sagres

called in at the acores bar last night - greast little place did not speak to the owner but had a chat with his wife very friendly
lagos is quie busy at the moment and the weather is great 0 up in the high 80/ low 90 s

you just have to keep drinking plenty of the amber fluid

richard
Glad you enjoyed it;Fatima's very chatty, isn't she? When she sees us in the doorway she takes one big breath and then doesn't stop talking for a couple of hours.
They don't really market the bar towards the British tourists mainly because the local council charge for a separate licence for each language their "flyers" that they hand out in the street are printed in.
It's a shame because it's one of the very few places in town where you can get just a snack with your drink for those evenings when you've overdone the eating the previous night and can't face a full meal.
Did you get to see their videos of the Azores islands?If not, don't forget to ask the next time you're there-they're well worth seeing.
Glad to hear the town is busy - they've had a couple of lean summers the last two years.
Hope the weather lasts - we go out in eight weeks and it can't come quickly enough.
Thanks for the update.
It's 10 weeks till we go back to Cabby for another 2 weeks..........are you going for 2 weeks or more, Sagres?
Can't wait either and it's not so long since we've been there!!!!
:glynis
We're going 8 weeks next Monday and we'll be there for three weeks and two days,unless,in the meantime, we come up on the lottery, in which case I'm not coming back at all !!! :lol:
Think we'll be there more or less at the same time.
We go Thurs 14th Sept - Thurs 28th Sept.
It will be a competition to see who drinks the most sagres and vinho tinto.....pity we're not nearer to each other........might be a right laugh! :rofl
Pat
:glynis
We fly out on the 11th. I've got a 3 day start on you so I'm afraid the best you can hope for is a silver medal this time,Pat. :cry: :glynis
Come to think of it, Glynis is back out there again at the same time as us, so maybe the best I can hope for is the silver !!! :glynis
Well, you never know, you know what like the Scots and the Welsh are when it comes down to important things..........
Hey, looks like the competition is hetting up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think Glynis must be due back from the Algarve soon. :roll: Oh,God,I hope she enjoyed it because she's booked to go there again in September without having visited the place before !! At least she's laid to rest her weather jinx as it's been really nice weather there for the last couple of weeks by all reports.
If she didn't enjoy it, we'll all get the blame :tut for telling her how great the Algarve is - can she put a "strike" against us for giving duff information ??
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.