Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Oh, yes, martin I've met him !! :lol:
merged with portgal chat

wizard
Sagres,
Still on the countdown..........6 weeks next Thursday till we go back to Cabby. :sun Hubby looking forward to his pints of Sagres and me for Monte Velho!!!! :lol:
Looking everyday now for next year's Globespan summer flights to get booked up for May and September again. Definitely worth it to book straight away........what about you? Got plans for next year yet?
Pat
:glynis
Six weeks Monday for us, Pat.
I should think that Jet2.com's flights for next year will be released whilst we are away,so I'll have to go online daily in Lagos to keep an eye on them.
We're thinking of going to Porto next year - it's a place we've always wanted to visit -so we'll probably do Porto in April or May and back home to Lagos in September as usual. :)
Never been to Porto either but would like to visit it.
We did Lisbon and surrounding areas last year and we really liked it.
I also have to say that the people in Lisbon(I found) speak much more clearly than the people in the Algarve, making it really easy to understand.
I booked with Globespan at the end of August last year, so hopefully will be able to do so this year before we go awayagain. Got the flights for £70 return each :lol:
Pat :glynis
That's exactly what our September flights have cost with Jet2.com.
Ryanair (:shock:) fly to Porto from Liverpool and,if you book early enough and are flexible with your dates,the return fare for two people can be as little as £65.The airport at Porto is not too far from the city centre, so transfers are not expensive and, from what I read, as long as you choose your hotel carefully, everything is within walking distance.
The only forseeable problem is that Ryanair are really strict as regards carrying excess weight and all the Port Lodges are in Porto............... :glynis :yikes
Just have to go with empty cases and go naked :yikes or take one set of clothes, as having flown with them, we know they are strict and have had to pay for excess luggage.
:rofl :glynis :rofl
We fly out on the 11th September, aint that the same date as you Sagres?
and I'm sure JayJan normally goes in September. Perhaps we can all get together and have a party :)
We booked all our flights[4 of em] in one hit with Thomson last year.
I think it was around October when we booked. Worked out a £116 per flight for both of us return. :)
I'll keep an eye out for Jet2 prices as well. I cant think we will be that lucky 2 years running. Mind it helps with you go midweek and come back midweek.
Hiya Mick,
Yep, we're off on the 11th. Glynis(H.T.Admin) and Pat42 are both out there at the same time.I reckon a 53 seater from the airport should do the job !!! :lol: Perry would think all his birthdays had come at the same time if a 53 seater pulled up outside Floyd's. :rofl
Perhaps he'll give us a large party discount. :)
Oh forgot how long you out for?
Three weeks and a day. :)
Glynis,
This bus that you're hiring - do you fancy a nice little earner doing a few airport transfers ? :rofl
Hey Guys,
2 weeks for us ......fancy a little trip from west to east Algarve......what a great party night we could have right enough.....just look at all the different nations and that's before we add in the Portuguese.........
Anyone else want to join in???????
Pat
:rofl :glynis :rofl
We'll show up, everything permitting, if we arrange a time and place.
Go for it.. but we are a little bit further away from you guys......but could be up for it anyway if things were organised to meet halfway??????
:rofl
How about the lighthouse at Cap St Vincent ???????? - that's fairly central isn't it ? :rofl
hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................................
:rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.