Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Sorry I didn't realise you were over on the west side. So midway from Tavira and Lagos would be Albufeira? or thereabouts?
Geography's not my strong point. :(
Think it makes sense.Was saying to Pat earlier though that Albufeira station is a good way out of town and she (Pat) doesn't think there's any bars/cafes near there that would be suitable.Do you know the Station area ?
Just downloaded the new train timetable and looks like if we have to go beyond Faro, we won't make it as we would have to change trains at Faro(not an ordeal on the way out) but coming back at night is a nightmare as they become more infrequent.
The best we could do (if it was in Albufiera) is catch the train that arrives in Faro at 19.00 at the latest in order to get the connection to Conceicao at 19.11. Otherwise we would need to get the last one which arrives in Faro at 20.52 but we would have to wait till 23.11 for the connection home :bhead
Hope that all makes sense but those coming from the west do not need to change as they can go straight to Faro.
And trust me, there is nothing at Albufeira train station!!!!! :shrug
Another thought......where is the train near Praia do Vau......we stayed there and I can't think of one......is Portimao the nearest?
Pat
:glynis
Yes if we came we would have to get a taxi to portimao station
I dont know the station area I'm afraid. But I'm sure Alarveaddick would.
Just out of interest where did you stay in Vau? and when ,we may have seen you if you went to the Jacaranda for a drink.
Don't think so as it must have been near enough 10 years ago since we were there. They were just building lots of new complexes then.
Can't remember the name of the aparthotel.........something with Vau in it!!!!!
Pat :glynis
:idea: :idea: Why don't we have a mobile get-together on a train and people can get on and off at stations that suit them ??? :rofl
hi Sagres, Did you know that Jet 2 have started their bookings for 2007, but prices seem a little more expensive than 2006 though & they even charge for booking with a debit card which is £2.50 per transaction (it used to be no charge) or 5.99 for credit card, what a rip off, but they are still slightly cheaper on air fares than first choice & monarch Cheers Jayjan
Hi jayjan,
Yes, it looks as if they went on sale around midnight on Tuesday.It makes a mockery of registering for e-mail updates as it's now Sunday and I still haven't had any notification ( although they managed to e-mail me pushing fares to Milan !!)
Higher fares, less baggage allowance, extra charges for paying by card (how else can you pay ?)- it looks as if they're going the same way as all the others -shame,really as I had been very impressed with them and had high hopes that they would turn into a proper airline, but it's obviously not to be.
Think we may wait for EasyJet's fares from Liverpool this time.
I'm watching every day for the Globespan flights from Glasgow to go on sale. Hopefully, I will get their e-mail soon.
Like everyone else, they only allow 20 kgs and that includes your hand luggage as they weigh it too!!!
Will let you know what happens.
Pat
:glynis
Hi Sagres, Im so annoyed with miself booked some flights for end January next year with Jet2 and then when I read your post & decided to go into easyjet and the price is £100 cheaper for 2 of us return. I then went back into Jet2 to change the flights for a later date so I could book easyjet but Jet2 wanted £65 to change them to May so I have to live with it (Gets hanky out). It wasnt worth changing because by the time we had paid for a weeks car parking at Liverpool the £100 had gone. Im now being blamed by him indoors cos as you know men are always right Ha Ha. Cheers Jayjan
Hi jayjan,
That's the way it goes -thought it was just us who had that sort of luck !! :lol:
Seriously, though, I'm not at all happy with Jet2's attitude and am thinking of voting with my feet and transferring to Easyjet ( having said that, it would appear that they (Easyjet) are having staffing problems and cancelling flights left, right and centre).
I know things are different for you, having a place out there, but we just might take this opportunity to visit Porto,a place we have always wanted to see, and maybe combine that with some time in Lisbon next year and give the Algarve a miss; - but, after 18 years, I'm not at all certain we will be able to bring ourselves to do that - and I'm certain that the Lagos Chamber of Trade will have something to say on the subject !! :lol:
(Easyjet) are having staffing problems and cancelling flights left, right and centre).
:shock:

We are flying with them again in September. :shock:
Sorry, Glynis - wasn't trying to panic you ! - it was just something I'd read in the Flight Only / Airlines forum. :)
Thomson are offering flights at £1.99 in January. I looked at 14th December to 11th January I think. This was from Doncaster, its a bit of a con mind, and once you add taxes etc your looking at £101 return for us both. Still a good price. :)
Is Donny your local airport Mick ?
Not really I live in South Lincolnshire. So Donny, Stansted or East Midlands are about the same.
Plus we have family in Donny so we can park for nowt :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.