Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Big Game Today AlagrveAddick. By the way you likely to have any of the Blades matches on between 1st and 11th May, cos we coming over? :)
The don't come much bigger Mick! We HAVE to win, a draw would be sweet for your boys.

Turning The Gold Spot into a Charlton bar for the afternoon, been told to take down a load of Charlton shirts for the owners and staff to wear.

So it's bound to end in tears. :cry:

Got the Blades on at 5.15 on the 5th playing Villa. And more importantly, Charlton on the 7th at 8PM against Spurs.

Anyway mate, :gluck
Nice result for us. I recon I'll be over for Blades v Villa, cheers m8, and thanks for the point. :)
I know this is :offtop but I have just been on Jet2 website and knowing some of our members on this discussion forum use this airline to travel into Faro just thought I'd let you know.. They have a new policy on checked in baggage, they are starting to charge for it for anyone who has made a booking from the 23rd April 2007 onwards.Click into questions & baggage advice & allowance for further information. Cheers Jayjan
They're doing a Ryanair !!! :evil: Why the hell these airlines can't just put the fares up instead of buggering ( can I say 'buggering' Wizard ?) around adding bits of charges here and little surcharges there, is just beyond me.We haven't used Jet2 this year as Thomsonfly came up cheaper and with better flight times, but, if they carry on like this, we'll use them as an 'airline of last resort' just the same as Ryanair.
Don't want to turn this into a political thing but,just because we've got a Chancellor who sneaks in little taxes,especially on the traveller, hoping nobody will notice,does the rest of the transport industry have to do the same?Can't anybody in this country be honest and straightforward anymore ???
  • Edited by Sagres 2007-04-29 07:19:25
Sagres, I am still finding Jet2 are the cheapest from Manchester. We normally work between Jet2 & Monarch, sometimes Monarch can have a sale on where it works out slightly cheaper than Jet2 but not by much, maybe to the cost of a meal out when we get there.Been into Thomson website and the prices are silly. Cheers Jayjan
Morning folks

Jay thanks for the info as it appertains to members of this forum, but PLEASE make further post in the airline forum as it also affects members using jet2 to other destinations

:tut

wizard
Hi Wiz I have also posted on the flights discussion group with the same information. Cheers Jayjan
( can I say 'buggering' Wizard ?)

.............. apparently, yes !!! :pele :rofl
Hee. Hee. The swear filter doesn't seem to work for the word bugger! :pele

On a more serious note Sagres. I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of the two webcambs that I am so fond of, as you are aware I have recently lost access. :wink:

The ones I am after are of Porto de Mos beach and I think there is a Luz beach one somewhere as well.

I need something to keep me going until that magic date in mid July.
Oh! The swear filter did work on me.
is the one just West of Lagos and is the one at Luz bay It's been a nice day there today - the buggers ( :pele ) have been on the beach in their dozens.
  • Edited by Sagres 2007-04-29 17:38:10
doe fancy trying to use that 6 letterd Bu word ..by now you should know better :lol:
:hmmm .... can't understand why the links haven't worked. :hmmm
TOO MANY PINTS :lol:

so i have put it right for you

and yes the plural passes the filter but the singular dosn't [but i dont know why]

wizard
TOO MANY PINTS

.... that's one possibility,I suppose, but I still think it's either something wrong with H.T.'s site or,otherwise, just plain bad luck.
(Some websites have a facility where you can put things like this to the vote,I believe !! :) )
ok serges
if you want to know why it didn't work 5 too many brackets no =, and url in wrong place :bhead ...took me a while to find all the wrong bits. :yikes .

reminder to post a link :shrug

here

wizard

btw what are you going to do next week when i escape fo a while :glynis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.