Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Just come back yesterday from Portugal ,thought I would look and see what had been happening saw about the chat room so went and had a look but don't think it is for me .It just seemed to be a lot of people saying hello to each other and not even in plain English :!:
Not long for me now (March 19th) :pele :glynis
Weather looking good on the Luz Bay Webcam 15c at 10.15am
It'll be a lot warmer than that,Glynis;the temp. they show is the ambient temp at Faro airport.In the resorts in the sunshine it'll be a good few degrees higher.(......but in the bars it'll be about the same :wink: :lol: )
but in the bars it'll be about the same
:bawl anyone would think I drank :lol:

We'll be having to get some dinner the night we arrive (land at 6.45pm) and it's my friends first time to the Algarve (she's a Turkey addict) so any nice restaurants in the Old Town that we should go to? Not too expensive just middle of the road.

Have looked down the recommendations but would like one for our first night. :kiss
We always eat at either Fabios or Alfredos, but then they are around the corner from Floyds... :D Sadly Karen and I will miss you, we are back in the Uk sorting some stuff out for my Mum :cry: But Floyds will be open. Evenings only Tuesday and Wednesday though so bear that in mind if you are thinking of popping in.

Have a lovely time!
Thanks Algarveaddick have made a note. If we pass your bar (where are you from the Sol e Mar?) we'll certainly pop in and have a small tipple :lol: Tell the staff that if a blonde and a red head come into the bar we are to be treated to the best seats :rofl
About a fifteen minute walk Glynis, uphill I am afraid. But then it is downhill on the way back when it matters... :lol:

While the work in the Old Town is going on, the easiest way is to head for the North East corner of the square (by "The Bank"), and head up Rua Alves Correia, turn left at Suspenders Bar, and follow the road to the top, right and then second right, we are up the hill, next to Restaurant Adega do David.
Tell the staff that if a blonde and a red head come into the bar we are to be treated to the best seats

........ Got fed up with the grey then, Glynis ??? :rofl
Our holiday staying at the Sol e Mar was brilliant.
Thanks to Perry and Karen for making us welcome and letting us watch the Carling Cup Final repeat on Monday.
PS enjoyed the quiz!!
  • Edited by carol47 2007-03-13 16:05:05
I read that the F1 motor racing circuit near Portimao (Mexilhoeira Grande) has the go-ahead and construction starts in September. This is to include 5 miles of new road to link it to the A22 motorway plus the obligatory hotels, spas, apartments and helicopter pad.

There goes the neighbourhood.
Thanks for the info Perry :tup
Got fed up with the grey then, Glynis ???
:yikes
You must have had too many Sagres - me grey?
Looks like the weather has changed and we could be in for cloud. :sulk
The weather is always the same, Glynis, when you are inside the bar :rofl
Anyway, it's all Sagres' fault....... he was the one who mentioned "grey" :rofl
Pat
:rofl :glynis :rofl
Looks bright enough on the webcams I use;they're sitting outside the bar drinking in Praia da Luz - jammy sods !! :lol:
Looked this morning on the website and it looked nice and bright as well - think it was 14c

Seems Sunday is a little brighter so am keeping fingers crossed - will know more over the next couple of days when the sites show Mon, Tues, Wed and Thurs.

Wellies in the case - Wellies out the case :rofl
We have some friends in Alvor at the moment and they have just spent all this afternoon on the beach so can't be too bad :sun
Am off in a few hours - so will post on my return on Friday :pele
Have a great time,Glynis;hope the weather stays good for you. :)
Have a brilliant holiday Glynis. :glynis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.