Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Loved the picture and can only wish!

We will be visiting Albuferia at the beginning of September for a week to celebrate my daughters 18th birthday! This will be our first time in Albufeira and only our second 'girlie' holiday! Any advice would be great. what to do, where to go etc! We are staying at the Hotel California which I understand is very central in the old town!
Hi Karena we have one review of this hotel from last year Click Here to read it.

Am sure you and your friends will have a great time :pele
For the attention of Jayjan( or anyone else from the Northwest who's thinking of a winter trip to the Algarve )............. have a look at EasyJet's prices from Liverpool;I've just booked return flights for December for the two of us for less than £84. :D :D The other half wants me to spend some of what we've saved on the Executive lounge, but, knowing my luck, I'd get caught trying to smuggle drinks out to her !! :rofl :rofl
Ha ha ha Sagres, thanks for the info, maybe thinkin of November or December when next down after our September honeymoon :love will have a look at the website. Executive lounge hey,i'm not that posh shall sit with the commoners with a few overpriced drinks, Vinho tinto faz favor, he's payin so what the hell. Cheers jayjan
Ooooooops :lol: :lol: Got flamed on the Tenerife forum below for stating that I thought the south part of the island was like "Blackpool in the sun". Probably an unwise thing to say there. :lol:
Anyway back here to civilisation. :D
If anyone happens to come across the Luz Bay webcam that used to be
HERE
could you please let me know where it can now be found.
Also, if you happen to have the 'phone number of the young lady who now appears at this web address.......... :rofl :lol: :lol:
The following message now shows on the webcam site :
The Algarve Webcam
Due to technical problems the Webcam
is not currently working. A replacement is on its way & hopefully it will be up & running very soon.

....it goes on to give the young lady's phone number as well, but you wouldn't want me to give that, would you ? :rofl :rofl
Just had a delivery of two cases of red from those nice people at Laithwaites, so I can get started on my rigorous training schedule leading up to the 10th. :glynis :D
Last September,as I recall, there were lots of H.T. members going to various parts of the Algarve at the same time, and I think it was Mad Mick who tried to organise a get-together which,unfortunately fell through.I know Pat will be out there in September and I think I read somewhere that Glynis is going back again, but is that it for this September, or is anyone else out there ??
Glynis is going to Cabanas......bet she'll be hooked......will be interesting to get her views as she loved Lagos :lol:
We are heading out 13th (thurs) Sept - 27th and we will be meeting up with friends who live in Algoz.
Maybe we can organise something. :ghug .......Mad Mick........where are you :hmmm
It really would be wonderful to put faces to familiar names......not to mention the competition to see who can handle the most" Sagres" :rofl or vinho tinto :rofl
No, Sagres, don't think Mrs Sagres will want to visit Luz to see the young lady from the webcam..... :tut
Pat
:glynis
No, Sagres, don't think Mrs Sagres will want to visit Luz to see the young lady from the webcam

...... she wasn't going to be invited !!! :shock: ..... anyway, the young lady in question has disappeared and is to be replaced by a new webcam which is on order.
What time is your return flight,Pat ? We arrive on the 10th but return on the 27th. like you.If the times are close, we may bump into each other at the airport
Our flight leaves Faro at 5.50pm, so will be at the airport around 3.45pm.
What time is yours?
Pat
Hi Gang we will be in Albufeira from 20.00hrs on the 7th September, we are flying home on the 16thSeptember @ 19.05. Cheers Jayjan
:D :glynis :D
Sorry guys - we'll be out there from 2nd to 12th October so you'll all have gone home by then. :( Maybe next time ............! :wave
Gonna miss you again, Pat - our return flight is at 12:15p.m.

If you check out the Praia da Luz webcam page this morning, the picture's still frozen but the temperature is showing 999°C :yikes -I was hoping it would keep warm for our holidays, but I can't take that for more than a couple of hours !! :rofl
OMG :omg
Just think of all the sagres you'd need need to drink in that heat!!! :lol:

Think that it seems like we're all destined never to meet...... :bawl :bawl

Pat
It's cooled down now - showing 27° now. :)
Not seen mad mick around the forums of late, anybody know how he is? . Thinkin of flying from Manchester to Lisbon in November & hiring a car to drive down to Albufeira. Flights with thomsonfly at this present time are £98 return for the two of us and £75 for a car. Jet2 & easy jet are a lot lot more expensive to fly into Faro. Cheers Jayjan
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT !!!

11 days and counting !!! :pele :pele

:rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.