Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
... in that case,I'm not that sorry to be back home then.(and,if you believe that,you'll believe anything !! ) :lol:
I'm back too....... :cry:
I take it your flight was on time yesterday, Sagres, as I checked when I got in to the airport to see if you had been delayed.... :lol:
Had a fab 2 weeks in Cabanas as usual and and the weather was great.
Couldn't believe how cold it felt when we landed at Glasgow last night.
Pat
:glynis
Welcome home Pat and Sagres :pele glad to hear you both had a great time as usual.

Where did you stay Sagres?
Stayed at the Sao Roque again,Glynis.It was great as soon as the press and t.v people left part way through our first week....... might have been something I said...... :rofl
Yes,Pat, flight was on time;back home before the chippy closed !! :rofl
welcome back everyone, what timne was your flight Thursday sagres?
12:10 p.m.- a 767 Thomsonfly which arrived Faro one hour ahead of schedule;how they managed to lose most of that hour on the ground I'll never know. :?
Not a big drinker myself but, for those of you who like a drop of tinto, have a look for :
STATUS Grande Escolha 2004, from Dao
and Adega Co-op Borba Reserva 2004
.... both full-bodied reds- the second one a bit more expensive than the first, but both good wines (.... or so I've been reliably informed :rofl )
I was at Faro airport from 10:30am on Thursday, we wasn't flying till 14:40
We Just missed you too, Sambache, as we arrived at 3.30pm for a 5.50pm flight to Glasgow on Thursday :lol:
Pat
doh! I went on the roof terrace when we initially got there, saw a few planes taking off, couldn't believe it though, we checked in, grabbed a roll and bought some sweets from the shop next thing we were through to the departure lounge and walked straight on the bus, on the plane and then we were gone. Both flights we had problems though, on the way out a girl near the middle of the plane had a fit, everyone thought we were going to divert as this was only half way through the flight. On the way back a little child only 5 months old in front off went really bad, kept dropping in and out and had to be given oxygen, the ambulance crew then came on at the end before we could all get off the plane. Scary stuff!
the time has come yes that time of year
the time for my summer Holiday is here

for sun and sand and and fun and beer
I'm off to Greece again this year

roll on Monday i cant wait
for Grecian food upon my plate

so all be good for the rest of the team
I'm sorry this rhyme has run out of steam

back soon unfortunately

Brian
The Wiz's hols are here again.
Two weeks of sun and no damn rain.
Have a good time - enjoy your flight.
(... and, by the way, your poem's ***** !! ) :rofl :rofl

Have a good un Brian !! :D
:rofl :rofl
2 weeks for Brian in good old Greece
At least from us he'll have some peace
so go and have a good old time
and do enjoy a glass of wine (or 2)

And when you return all new and tanned
from that lovely land of sea and sand
just look at this weather all fog and mist
and wish you were back there where you were p*****
Pat
Have a lovely holiday Brian :fly :glynis :sun .

Sagres we have just booked flights with Easyjet for 3rd November got them for £85 return each, Jet2 wanted £140 each so thinks we got a good deal :D . Looked at flying into Lisbon with Thomson, cheap enough but meant driving back to Lisbon for our return flight around 5am (just in case we got lost on the way) so decided to give it a miss. Cheers Jayjan
and do enjoy a glass of wine (or 2)
:hmmm

should that not be barrels :glynis :rofl

cheers folks roll on monday morning [ verry early] taxi now booked to pick us up at 3 am

brian
Hi Jayjan,
Easyjet are really cheap this winter;we've got return flights to Faro in December for just under £84 for the two of us !! The private taxi transfers to and from Lagos will cost that much !
Hi Sagres, Thats an excellent price what a bargain. When you fly from Liverpool with Easyjet do you park your car at the airport or get a taxi there?. Just wondering where the car parks are situated, are they close to the terminal? as we are thinking of taking car & parking up (approx £38 for 9 nights) as youngest son maybe wont be able to take us due to work commitments. Cheers jayjan
Sunday 1030am Albufeira it's wet and windy! Has been since early hours.
Wouldn't you just know it?! Daughter and family out there now and we're going on Tuesday. :sulk
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.