Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
yep, people in the office say its the best they HAVE EVER TASTED !! must be the hint of drambui in the icing!!! do you want me to pm you the recipe?? i am not one for hoarding "secret" recipes, i like to share mine!!
:D
umm thank you for that!! I shall have a go and let you know how it comes out...hope it fits in my mini oven!! :lol:
Hi Fiona

I think you must have misheard me when you say £2 a week for vegetables. I spend £2 a week on vegetables for myself but the charity spend approximately £12 a week on Veg. For 50 children and at least members of staff to eat a day this is still a very good price though.

On the topic of collection boxes........ Adolf at Lazy Days has already got one of our collection tins on his sideboard but does not particualary like it being there so he may not want to keep the other one there. He is worried that it will not be safe etc and does not want to take the responsibility.

Anyway please let me know because Lin and I go to most of the meets now so cn keep an eye on it

Thanks
I did think it was awful cheap Shermina :lol:
Ah yes, tis the time before Christmas when we're all running about like headless chickens. What will I get for this one or that? :)
I decided this year to ask my family if they minded having one pressie less, and I would send the money in lieu to CWT. They all agreed.
:shock: We all love Goa, and this is a nice way of putting something back
Try it, and see :D
What a great idea nickp

Keep up your good work !!!

Pip
x
Hi... Thank you for the lovely gesture.... I haven't had much time to get on here as it's getting VERY busy now and we have LOTS of Christmas presents to wrap. Only just startyed and need to wrap around 1000 in ten days... Plus the children will be coming to the house everyday so it's going to be a bit manic. Also have to sort out our panto - that the volunteers are doing for the children - cinderela - apparently I'm an ugly sister (no comments please!!!) - Should be fun....

We will be HOPEFULLY giving presents out in the slums from the 21st I think (not quite finalised) although we do still need a few presents if anyone is wanting to bring things.. At present we need small toy cars, balls, some punch balloons (or that type of thing) would be great - (the big strong ballons), tyhat sort of thing... wants to be a nice simple but good fun present. Skipping ropes would also be good...

We've currently got 14 footballs, 50 skipping ropes, 100 balls, 650 soft toys, 50 colouring books and crayons, 20 frisbees, 80 small frisbees, 100 toy cars... And then lots of small plastic toys (things that are free in mcdonalds etc)... Oh and lots of hair bobbles etc...

Normally we have a present that has a soft toy, a toy car or similar, a balloon, a few sweets etc and then we give out fruit on the day too.. So really only have enough currently for 650 I think... Last year we did twice that although will have a better idea in a few days as we get more wrapped...

Anyway, just incase I don't get chance later - MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
Nick
husband and I decided not to get each other presents this year as we have booked far too many holidays this last year and our Bangkok jaunt over new year is our present to each other :D Instead of buying a token present I've just donated to CWT as well. It'll mean a lot more to them.
Couldn't agree more Fiona and Nick , my gift for the children is on it's way, Hubby will have to do without the socks this year :lol:
Hello

Just to inform you that I, Shermina, have resigned my position of Chief Executive from Children Walking Tall as of 11th December 2007.

May I take this opportunity to express my sincere gratitude to family, friends & everyone who has supported me throughout, also volunteers past & present & everyone who continues to support the charity. The children will forever be in my heart.

Fond memories can never be taken away from me & will last me a lifetime. So once again many thanks & a sad farewell.

Yours sincerely

Shermina Ganatra.

" Our best success comes after our greatest disappointments"
" Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer"
I would like to thank Shermina for her huge help over the last three years, none of what has been done could have been completed without her dedication and hardwork. She will definately be sorely missed and I wish her all the best for the future.
Best wishes and the very best of luck for the future Shermina x
The collection tin was handed round at Anand Bar when Mike had his quiz night. Unfortunately, there was no one to leave the tin with so its back home in Scotland with me, however, I will take the tin back with me in March and pass it round a whole new lot of people who will be visiting in March :lol: After that I will arrange to give to collection tin to Rob before leaving Goa at the end of March.
Shermina
that must be a heartbreaking decision to make. I'm sure you will be greatly missed. I wish you well in whatever you do in the future. You can proud of what you have achieved.
I have watched CWT for a few years and have been closely associated with Rob and Shermina and the effort and dedication they have put in is something to admire. Its not easy for young people to give up their carrers and get into charity work when the rest of their friends are into building a carrer.

All the best Shermina and wish you all the best in the years ahead !
my wife and i went to the boys home at,cotlavaddo, saligoa. we were able to speak to the people who manage the place, named "VICTORY HOUSE". really lovely people, we wern't able to see the boys as we went at the wrong time of day, when they were at school.
it was very interesting to see where they lived and how they were looked after.
we were able to make a donation while we were there. as can any body!!
next we will make sure we go there early evening, and meet some of the children.
BOB
Hi All... Thanks for the continued support. Id di try and upload the photo just before Christmas but the messages were disabled... :o( - Anyway Hope everyone had a great Christmas!!!!

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6793/tall1wo5.jpg

Best Wishes for the new year!

Thanks Rob

http://www.PoipleShadow.com
Great photo Rob

Hope you had a great Christmas and Happy New Year.

We are over next weekend for 2 months and hope to see you in that time

Steve and Vanda :D :D :D
Yes it would be great to catch up, I haven't made it to any T meetups this year as I live in Mapusa away from teh tourist hustle and bustle and am ontinuously busy with the charity which makes life a little difficult, especally now... If you let me know when you're likely to be in Lazy Days then I will (TRY) and pop over as I'd love to go down to Big Banana for a steak burger (still the best value and taste aroud)... Yummy!

Anyway, hope you're well... Happy New Year

Rob
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.