Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
i know what you mean. its not very comfortable feeling someone is helping themselves and its a bit hard to prove when its small things like that. as long as the safe is ok i'll leave everything else in my case and lock it.not ideal but at least that'll stop sticky fingers hopefully.we were in 2202 and 2203 last year and they were fine.maybe i'll try for a room above reception as they're thought to be larger.the goan heritage was like that-they built these fantasic new rooms and only indian families had them because they were so expensive.i certainly wouldn't pay 6000r a night!which room did you end up with?
3201 is the room I always ask for and get. I am not going to stay there anymore, it's not the same without the manager Mario, the new manager did not seem too bothered about my breakfast complaints, he told me the day I went to pay my bill that he was sending a boy with wine to my room...... :tup great I said, my last day and I want wine :duh and a boy! :really I was charged 2000rps a night for my stay which is more than I have ever paid. I have now found new accomodation and will stay there mext year.
:yikes Vagasone 2000 is still a bit steep when we go to spain we pay £21 a night and thats for the 2 of us ...and in england we pay £26 pr night and thats for the 2 of us .in goa they are just getting greedy now days .....colleen
emailed and asked for two roms in the new block.got a reply today saying that the new premium block was not allocated to charter flights but available for extra payment. emailed back and asked how much extra to pay but no answer yet.as we're going monday will have to wait til we get there to find out i expect.
we booked park inn and was told our booking was forgotten but they can offer us new room instead of old room in new block at 6000 per night. i said your crazy i can stay at the marina or mango in a penthouse for half that. i then was offered my old room that was booked a day earlier for 2200 per night so me been me said what have you done to teh room that warrants a 1000 a night rise? we are now a 4star and we was seriously under priced was the reply. having supported this hotel since it opened most years twice and passing many many friends to it i find since mario has left its going down fast. mario run a good ship and in the years we never had any issues he didnt fix fast. if anyone still wants park inn a company called on the beach are offering pheonix park inn at 368.00 which beats the 410 park inn will charge me if i let them . they have a web site search for otbeach. com. from paying 210 last year to 400 plus this year sadly wont happen i would rather book hotel that rates and warrant that amount.
Bushbaby

the room was 6000 rps per night. I paid 2000 rps per night for an old room. The new rooms are nice but I wont be going back there. Next year I am staying in an apartment for 1000 rps a night and it has everything the phoenix park has.
thanks vegasone.we have already paid for our room as we did a package holiday and i was wondering how much more they would charge for a new room. to be honest the old room was fine for us and i would rather have the extra money to spend out and about than on a room that we wont be spending that much time in. i was quite happy last year as our room was better than the previous hotels we had stayed in.maybe this manager wont last that long if people keep complaining!
what did you pay for your 2 week package?
just returned from the Phoenix Park,had rooms in reception block as
requested, much bigger than the other blocks,our friends were put in
the new block for one night untill the room next to us came available
new rooms were very nice but not worth 6,000rps per night,they were
also smaller than the rooms in reception block.
Had no problem with the room boy nothing missing,but used the safe for
money passports ect,would return there again as such a good position
and prefer Candolim to Callangute and Baga as they are so busy.
ann :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.