General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Having just been skitted by my friend on the phone for my behaviour at the bootie on Sunday, I thought I would share it with you, as what was actually doing was using a tip I got off a lovely old Spanish lady in Torreviaja market some years ago.

When shopping in a crowded market/centre/mall, keep your loose change in your purse, but keep your notes in your bra. :D
That way, if anyone chances robbing you, they will only get your *slummy*. :)

(After she told me, I began watching the local ladies as they shopped around the market, and yes, they all dug deep into their bra's for their money!
And not one market stallholder batted an eyelid, so it must be a normal thing to do out there.)
And not one market stallholder batted an eyelid, so it must be a normal thing to do out there.)

And in Cuba! But I never put the notes straight into my bra after discovering that the dye runs on them and I had a mirror image of a 5 Peso note on my boob after a particularly sweaty night's dancing! So now I use a little cotton 'wallet' I made - just big enough to take the notes when folded in 3. And one of the advantages of being lobsided is that I can also conceal a Canon Ixus camera in there as well! The secret is to push it down towards the outside of your boob so the bulge sits against the inside of your arm. Retrieving that does attract a bit more attention though if anybody spots you doing it :rofl

SM
Another one I've just remembered...

(You probably all know this anyway, but on the off chance someone doesn't)

As advised by my GP...

FLAT Coke (NOT diet coke) is an excellent way of combatting dehydration,
as it the same salts etc which are in the rehydration sachets/drinks.

So, if you can't get the reyhdration drinks down your kids, give them the flat coke.
It works a treat. :tup
Yes I heard that one too Milly Molly. I've only tried it once though on my son...only problem was he threw it all up about 5 mins later :yikes When my son was around 3 he had a really bad stomach bug and I ended up taking him to hospital as I couldn't get him to hold down any fluids. They gave him tip tops to suck on and the transformation was amazing. They said because the fluid goes down slowly it's easier for them to hold down and the sugars help too.
Hi Nic :)

Yeah, that makes alot of sense when you think about it, doesnt it?
(Those tiptops were a godsend when one of mine was little and suffered every 6wks with tonsillitis. :( )
K&R....*tut!* :really You don't know what a tip top is?

:rofl

;)

Only kidding hun.

How to describe them.....

Erm...plastic fat tube like ...upto 1inch wide, length varies - average 6inches (TIP TOPS LADIES! ;) )

Filled with some sort of *fruit* juice. Some are weird and wonderful colours too, probably something to
do with the additives in them.

You can buy boxes of them in most supermarkets, Iceland etc, some times they are themed,'like Simpsons etc.

Sweet shops/ newsagents round here also sell them separately, alteady frozen for a couple of coppers.

Shove the tip tops in the freezer.

when frozen, they provide a smaller cheaper version of an lolly ice/ice lolly
You know what Vonny....

Now you come to mention it - so do we! :rofl

Tip tops was a brand of ice pops wasn't it? :rofl

It's that long since I actually bought any....

Ice pops - thems the ones! :tup
Sorry if I caused confusion, always called them Tip Tops...perhaps I'm showing my age :think
Oi! Nic! :!:

Shurrup! You're not!

(Cos that would mean I am showing mine! ;) )
DH and I call them ice poles. I thought tip tops were the drinks that come in cube shaped plastic container, you get a straw with them which is used to pierce the lid. Craze with them is turn the thing upside down, use straw to pierce hole in 1 corner, throw straw away and drink from hole.
oh ice pops!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl

another tip, if your blonde hair or highlights go green tinged from the pool, then put tomato sauce on your hair....
I've given this tip before but I always take baby oil to rub on the top and sides of my feet of an evening in case my flip-flops or sandal straps chaffe, the greasey film stops them rubbing :cheers
That's a good 'un Shell, not heard that one before. Thanks! :tup
How do you keep the flip-flops on? Doesn't the oil make them slide off? :rofl
:D Nope you only need to rub a little on the skin under the strap that rubs :cheers
Is this okay to put under leather ones too, only I keep getting a blister off one pair of mine. I love them and they are really expensive hush puppy ones, I've only had them on twice. :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.