General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Helen, when I first started using the once a day's I was a little worried too, so I bought some and used it on the areas I ALWAYS burnt - Ears, toes, feet and where my bikini bottoms sit and then reapplied regular lotion everywhere else. I tried this for a week on holiday years ago and didn't burn in those prone spots. I then felt confident enough to use everywhere :tup
soltan once a day sun lotion does anyone know if it is as good as p20 (which unfortunately leaves marks on clothes) or piz buin which is a bit more expensive (than soltan) boots have reasonable price at moment and wondered if i should change from my usual poroduct. xphx
(which unfortunately leaves marks on clothes)

Why not try Ultrasun ?? If you read last page......info on the fact that this is the same as P20 but no brown staining :tup
Just wanted to let you all know Avon are doing 3 botttles of suncream for £10 or 2 for £8, they have a good variety, i have ordered mine for next week!!!
Tesco have a large range of branded sun protection half price at the moment, well worth a look.
These will only be one for a couple days more if that but if you have a Netto supermarket locally when I went in on Saturday they were doing Ambre Solaire factors 12 and 30 for £3.99 per bottle and Hawaian Tropic factor 15 for £1.99. They appear to have very limited stocks of anything like that and once it's gone, it's gone (also got small tube of Arm and Hammer toothpaste for 49;!!!!).
Any advice on getting a decent tan most appreciated, going away in july so will probably have a few sunbeds before I go to try and get a base colour, tough will still probably look pale and pasty, I really don't tan very easy and it generally takes me the full two weeks to get anythink that resembles a slight darkening of the skin!!! :que .
So if anyone has some good tips for speeding up the process, I would be most grateful ;) .
P.S. I no I could go down the fake tan route but I generally end up looking orange :rofl .
many thanks in advance vickie.
hi vicjayhay, a few of us on the forum like the elemis tan accelorator, I was sceptical at first as my legs are rubbish at tanning, but as it was on offer last year, decided to give it a go, well, gotta tell ya, loved it !!
Started applying it 2 weeks before the hols, the ingrediants are meant to fool your body into producing melanin without sun, so in theory, when you get into proper sun, your body thinks its already had a good go at it, thus making the melonin work and turning your skin the colour it would do quicker in the sun ! sorry, hope that makes sense !! Its not a fake tan although does have a slight colour to it when you apply, but dissapears and you also use it every day your on holiday.
hope all that is clear and helps, sorry, I do waffle a bit !
juby
I'm the same as you Vicki . Red hair and pale skin but over the years I've become good at "trying so hard ".

Tried the tan accelerator and "nothing" :cry Although it wasnt the elemis one . Dont think my body has any melanin to produce :rofl

A few sunbeds before I go always helps me . By having 2/3 starting at 6 mins but going no more than 8 minutes each week for a couple of weeks before I go stops me from burning and lays down a bit of a base .
Also whilst on holiday I use one of those "build up a light tan moisturisers" each night after a shower . I seem to try a different one each year. They all work but I prefer the garnier one .

lyn
Lyn, bought the Garnier one in Tesco yesterday. It was on offer £1.98 for 250ml. They were also selling off (giving away!) Tesco Finest sun protection lotion/spray ranging from spf8 to 25 for 33pence!!
Will stock up then tomorrow lesley. Was that the branch at Charlie Browns if so I may pop in there today ;) Think I only paid about that for the bottle I got in Tesco before we went away at Easter . Every other bottle was about £4 and thought it might of been a mistake .Hope they arn't discontinuing it .
Deffo not using P20, just had a smell of some on offer in Matalan and it smells purely of alcohol. Is that normal????
Thanks for the replys, will have to look into the elemis tan acclorator anything is worth a try!!! ;)
Deffo not using P20, just had a smell of some on offer in Matalan and it smells purely of alcohol. Is that normal????

Yes that's normal but it evaporates almost instantly on application. Another reason I prefer Ultrasun though as it doesn't have such a strong smell
Thanks for that, it smells like you could ignite at any time. :yikes
Gonna try Piz Buin once a day SPF20 instaed. :sun2
Have been looking about on line for elemis tan accelorator, wheres the best place to buy it, and how much is it normally, found one site salon skincare selling it on b.o.g.o.f. at £17.50 is this a good deal and anyone used these beore?? :que .
Hi. I get my supply from Salon skincare and I think I paid around £17 (incl p&P).
Starry, they are 'giving away' that Tesco Finest for good reason. :tongue
Please people don't waste your money or weight allowance on it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.