General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
We are flying out to Spain Thursday from Stansted. We are only bringing hand luggage so will be buying our suncream in Boots at the airport. Is it dearer there than high street stores? do they have the same BOGOF's?

thank you lS
My sister works in a manageress in Boots, and when I asked her, she said things should be the same price as the High Street.
la-lapinkfluff wrote:
We are only bringing hand luggage so will be buying our suncream in Boots at the airport. Is it dearer there than high street stores? do they have the same BOGOF's?
They have all the same offers and prices as any other branch of Boots - but they don't always have the same range as a large branch of Boots, and if it's been busy they might have sold out of the more popular brands/SPFs.
I have now bought at the Boots at the airport three or four times and they have always had stock. Flying at different times of day and from Gatwick, Birmingham and Stansted if my memory serves me right.
thank you, that has put my mind at rest. Shall get buying when I get there. as long as it fits in my hand luggage :que

hugs la
Sainsburys have Piz buin,once a day, bogof,think it was less than £12,I bought some more,don't want to run out!!!!!
La_lapinkfluff,

as long as it fits in my hand luggage

If you buy it after security, it won't need to fit in your hand luggage as they'll put it in a carrier for you in the shop. That's the reason why sis and I are buying all our toiletries at Gatwick this year. We've only got 15kgs luggage plus 5kg hand luggage so we'll have our max weight arriving at the airport. Our bag of suncreams and toiletries from Boots (airport shop) will be extra.
hi i have bought piz buin once a day suntan lotion for my hols can anyone reccomend a nice aftersun which works and does not cost the earth. thank you xphx :wave:
In my opinion you can't beat piz buin aftersun,but I should imagine they are all pretty good,they only moisturise,I think.Think piz buin aftersun may be on offer too,but didn't check as I have enough.
Parker h M & S have a lovely one - it leaves a light shimmer on your skin which looks lovely of an evening. It comes in a blue bottle - "moisturising spray with shimmer" and last year cost £5.
Parker h, Tesco had piz buin after sun with tan intensifer at half price - £4.00

Superdrug has Piz Buin BOGOF. It was £15.99 for 200ml for Once a day. This works out £4.00 per 100ml and is the cheapest I have seen :)
I was just in Semi-Chem this morning they have Piz Buin Once a day for £4.99.
miss_match72 wrote:
I was just in Semi-Chem this morning they have Piz Buin Once a day for £4.99.

Never heard of Semi-Chem before, just did a search on the website and my nearest one is 143 miles away! Rubbish! Still £7.99 on the site too.

I've just been on Avon's website and saw this

http://avonshop.co.uk/product/summer-shop/suncare/bronze-moisturising-beta-carotene-lotion.html

Anyone tried it before, is it any good? Really trying to find a cheaper alternative to Elemis.
Hi hcafc_laura

Sorry never thought that semi chem only has shops in Scotland and Ireland.

Just checked their website and they are advertising Piz Buin 1 day long (100mls) for £4.99 on their main page.
Thanks! They must have added that since I looked earlier on.
Hi laura the avon cream just leaves you looking orange, or it does me anyway!! :rofl
thanks everyone regarding aftersun the m&s one sounds nice with a shimmer in it, somehow i think my hubby will have the piz buin one though, teeheee
xphx :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.