General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi all,
I'm off to Kenya in October & I'm after some advice on how many bottles of suntan lotion to take. This will be our first beach holiday in quite a few years so would 3 large bottles each be enough, or would we need more?
We normally go to Orlando, so only ever used to take 2 each due to all the walking round the theme parks, queuing inside for rides etc & not much sunbathing.

Thanks for any help :)
Ang
Bought Piz Buin 1 day lotion - spf 30 £6.00 from Asda

Does anyone know where I can buy a 100ml tube of spf 50, any brand
This might sound like a dumb question but when you go through customs do the weigh the sun cream you have in your hand luggage?.

Your only allowed to have 100ML right?

would I be able to take a 200ML bottle of sun lotion which has have left inside it?.
Mi$$y, I think the containers have to take a maximum of 100ml.

The suncream won't necessarily be weighed if its in hand luggage, although some of the no-frills airlines will weigh hand luggage as a whole, if they think it looks bigger or heavier than their regulation size.

Personally, I would always advise that you pack the cream and carry something else heavy, like shoes, in your hand luggage.

Louise
Missy,
you're not allowed to carry suncreams (or any lotions or liquids) in bottles larger than 100ml, regardless of whether the bottle is only half full or not. Also, they do weigh hand luggage at some airports. If you're worried about luggage weight you could always do what I'm going to do this year and that's buy all my suncreams/toiletries at the airport after security when you'll be able to take as much as you like, separate from the rest of your hand luggage.
Thank you for your replies shirley h & louise225

Ive been looking on the net and I found some banana boat SPF 50 and 30 in a 90ML tube so i'm about to order that now :)
Still cannot beat the £1 shop.
got 7 bottles of No-Ad Pirates of the Caribbean factor 30. Three bottles of Banana Boat Aftersun and a bottle of No=Ad Sunburn Relief Gel that I thanked god I had with me last year!!!

Missed out on the baggage scales though :( but they re-stocking soon :)
Cant beat the place for bagging a bargain!!
All well within date - dont expire till next year.

Was rather chuffed with my little self!!
(Morrisons just cant hold a candle - sorry)

Sha33a!!
sha33a14 wrote:
got 7 bottles of No-Ad Pirates of the Caribbean factor 30
:rofl
I saw that in our £1 shop; as a huge Jack Sparrow fan I was very tempted but teenage daughter would have been ashamed to be seen with it! Having said that, I bought Tesco Value suncream a couple of years ago and just tore off the part of the label which had the Tesco Value logo on it :wink:
Are you getting your bargains from poundland or a different pound shop?.
Not got a Poundland near me - we have Poundworld - some excellent offers, loads of cheap suncreams and travel accessories. When I was in at weekend they had loads of ex-supermarket suncreams and fake tan lotions, including Johnsons Holiday Skin :wink:
This has inspired me to investigate our local pound shop to have a look for suncream etc. I had no idea they sold stuff like that! Knowing my luck it'll all be sold out now!
Superdrug - Solait shimmer effect 15spf is buy one get one free at £2.99.
Five star UVA rating. So have bought 4 bottles for under £6. :sun2
Just bought wilkinsons own brand (wilko suncare - I think) it was £4.49 for 400ml, which I was pretty pleased with.... hadn't thought of trying poundland :duh

Not as good a deal as previous posts, but better than £8.99 for a 200ml of Boots soltan. To be fair they currently have 2 for the price of 1, so its £8.99 for 400ml but still feel happy with the wiko's price. Will let you all know what I think when I get back!
Gave in and ordered 2 tubes of Elemis, how far does it go? Wondering whether I might need more
Hi

I am ordering my usual 4 tubes, on friday, I suggest you start using the elemis early as possible, the longer you use the deeper the tan, I use it to go on the sunbed 6 weeks before I go in august, and while I am away, I always make sure I have enough in, whilst its not cheap, its the bomb, and cant reccomend it enough, I remember posting about the product ages ago, and now everyones hooked!! it smells nice too. :sun2 if anyone wants more info on it, let me know..
I've just started sunbedding today, it's 5 weeks tomorrow until we go, and will probably got 3/4 times a week now until then.

I was planning on using the Elemis two weeks before and whilst I'm there, really can't afford to get anymore bottles after all the bikini's I'm planning on buying so hoping two tubes will be enough. Is Elemis okay to use on your face? My mum's telling me I will end up frazzled and wrinkly :yikes
I was also wondering how much i would need of i started using Elemis 2 weeks before i go, how long does the bottle last if youe using it every day? Was also thinking on Imedeen tan optimising pills, has anyone used these, are they safe?
It doesn't last very long - approx 2 weeks if you use it every day.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.