General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Been in and got my Piz Buin today from boots and also got some lower factor soltan for the adults on BOGOF.
Didnt get the 1000 points kimi but I had saved over 30 pounds worth of points so it didnt end up costing me any cash
hi, i have bought some of that elemis tan exellerator that was mentioned at the beginning of this thread. has anyone used this lately, and what was it like, any good? i got 2 for 1 on the site mentioned.
thanks in advance
ali
Hi Ali - yes I used it before my holiday to Benidorm at the beginning of Easter. Considering that the weather was pretty poor, & we couldn't spend much time at the pool, I did get a reasonable colour. Whether it is actually worth the money - I'm not sure.
thanks helen, i'm fair skinned but can stay in the sun all day in egypt in july with a low factor on and still only get a slight tan! don't know why?? i wouldn't have paid £17 a tube but BOGOF was o.k. will give it a go, anythings worth a try.
Hi ali, I like the elemis, used it for the first time last july and was quite impressed . We usually go away may and october, but last year had to go in july school hols, costa del sol, sooooo hot, too much really, anyway, I digress, basically, my legs never go brown, usually have to resort to a touch of the old fake stuff, but last july after using the elemis religiously for the 2 weeks prior, then 2 weeks I was away, got a cracking colour on me legs for the first time !! We go away in 2 weeks, so have just started using it again, will probably use the first tube prior and the second tube whilst on me hols.
Think you'll like it, feels lovely on your skin !
happy hols !
cheers,
juby
Hi, Ali. Got to agree with Juby5. My skin is white but delighted to say,every time I use Elemis I get a lovely tan. For years I never got a tan. Friends would ask my better half if he had left me at home because he would come back from holiday a lovely mahogany colour and I would look the same as before the hols. Well, not any more thnks to Elemis. Its great.
Hi, do you still need to use your normal suncream with the Elemis or do you just need to use the Elemis on it's own :que
Hi, Lyndabelle 78. Yes,you definately need your suncream as well. I usually apply the Elemis first thing in the morning, and just as I am going to go out in the sun I apply my suncream. You do not get sun protection from the Elemis. Good luck with it!
thanks everyone for your replies, hopefully i will get a good tan this year. will 2 tubes be enough? is it best to put all over or just arms ans legs etc which will be on show afterwards. want to make sure i have enough if i'm going to use it 2 weeks before aswell.

ali
Elemis does not offer sun protection, it merely increases the amount of melamin in the skin which decreases tanning time. You will still need to use your normal factor sunscreen.
Noticed that Asda have Piz Buin on offer at the mo. Think it was £6 or £7 for all factors but not the All Day one. Ambre Solaire only £5 too. Their own brand stuff was 2 for £5 aswell which I've used on the kids and husband in the past and it's been pretty good.
Are other tan accelerators any good or does it have to be the Elemis one?
Are other tan accelerators any good or does it have to be the Elemis one?
The active ingredient (which boosts the melanin) is Tyrosine - this is in many products - I got some sunbed tan-accelerator from the £1 shop which has tyrosine in it. Holland & Barratt Tan Tablets contain tyrosine.
I have used the Elemis product for my last two holidays and it hasn't made much difference to me personally - I am very "difficult to tan" though!!!
I have actually tried so many different products over the last few years and none of them have done much for me; the only thing that has made a difference for me is having a few sunbed sessions before I go, although this is not the best thing for your skin and I certainly wouldn't do it all year round :no
Thanks. I'll look out for cheaper options with the magic ingredient.
Glad somebody asked about a cheaper alternative, can anyone recommend another make in particular?
cyberspacekadette wrote:
Holland & Barratt Tan Tablets contain tyrosine.

Meant to say, has anyone tried these? Just checked out the website and they are only £1.99
I havent personally tried Tan Tablets but my friend did and they turned her skin bright orange. Dont know what make they were and it was a few years ago. Who knows maybe through the years the ingredients have improved.
hcafc_laura wrote:
Glad somebody asked about a cheaper alternative, can anyone recommend another make in particular?
Search on ebay for sunbed lotions - most of these have tyrosine, and while I wouldn't recommend excessive use of sunbeds, there's nothing to stop you using these lotions in natural sunlight, as long as you make sure to use an appropriate SPF as well :no
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.