Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks for the quick reply SMa. Due to circumstances I really do need extra allowance, so will book online an extra suitcase, and maybe not even fill it. But that is preferable to paying £20 per kilo excess baggage weight! Thanks again :)
Madsue,

If you are travelling with someone else you can add a case for them at the 'normal' price rather than you paying the 2nd bag premium but you have probably thought of that already. Of course if travelling alone this wont help!

Chris
Thanks Chris. Yep, I'm travelling by myself!
Just wanted to confirm, that I added a second bag (15kg), to my Ryanair booking. No problems, no hassles - so my worry was unwarranted. My hand baggage was scanned, then searched, then drug swiped, as it was packed so tightly they couldn't actually see what the case contained :)

I still wonder why, though, the boarding card doesn't have the 15kg written on it?
Glad HT is back up, and running, wanted to post this last week, so here goes

Ryanair got to be joking about the following

Save on tours and attractions

Ryanair passengers can continue to save with Ryanair by booking discounted tours and attraction tickets online or on-board Ryanair flights

Now on the tour and activites tab, I searched for an excursion to Cortina, Italy which I have done before, and it leaves from Lido di Jesolo....Now ryanair are quoting £98 for this excursion, which works out as €115

Now I did this excursion back in 2010, and the cost of the excursion was €50, and it wasnt with the thomson or thomas cook group, it was one of the local travel agents
Spanish air tax hike prompts Ryanair to take extra cash from passengers

Ryanair customers are to face extra charges on flights they have already paid for because of planned increases to airport tax by the Spanish government. Customers who already have bookings to or from a Spanish airport received an e-mail from the budget airline yesterday, explaining Ryanair may be "forced" to charge more because of "government-imposed increases" expected to come into effect in the next few weeks.

Click here for full story

With permission from The Scotsman, 18 April 2012
Can't miss the opportunity to echo what others have said. It really is great to have HT back and all those that willingly give their time freely to make it a success, like many things in life you dont appreciate something until its not there.

Re Ryanair - comments elsewhere suggest the Spanish government airport tax increase could be around 1-2€ per flight. The majority of the increase to be made up from rises in the costs for the Security screening aspect within the airport.

Chris
I have just looked at some Ryanair flights and the security characters you need to put in to get to see the actual flight costs etc were an interesting combination they were 'fackyou' and 'cumbern' - I kid you not !

Regards Chris
I booked holiday yesterday,going to palma nova in july.the flights are with ryanair,from manchester.i have never flown with them before.my wife and i are taking our grand-daughters aged 4 + 5.what is the boarding process,is it a free for all,or are passengers with young children boarded after pre-booked passengers,like easyjet
daveg,

There's no allocated seating. You board the aircraft and sit where there's a free seat. The boarding procedure is explained here.

Darren
Thank you for such a speedy response dazbo.i guess we will have to get to the boarding gate maybe an hour before boarding to try and get on in time to find seats together lol
daveg,

Getting towards the front of the queue will of course help you if you have a family group and starting the queue early is never a problem - someone has to start it, why not you ?!, maybe one or two of your party start / join the queue and others, maybe with small children relax and take a seat near the departure gate and join you as boarding process starts.

If you start the queue within a minute you will have dozens of people behind you ! - we do it all the time and always chuckle that it just needs someone to be bold and do what everyone else is shy to do.

Getting seats on the plane together should never be a problem if you are in the first quarter of those boarding, if you are last on you dont stand a chance ! - but I quess you know that already.

If you dont have an airbridge and walk to the plane heading for the rear boarding steps is frequently less busy as most head for the front steps and a queue develops.

Chris
daveg,

If you havent already planned this I suggest you consider taking a signed letter from your grandchildrens parents confirming your plans about taking them on holiday with you just in case you are asked about why you are taking these children out/in the country.

We were quized about this at passport control when we bought two of our grandchildren back into the UK without their mum/dad being present.

Regards, Chris
Does anyone know when the Spanish government imposed increases in airport charges, that David posted about in this thread last month, are likely to be come into effect ?

We are flying to Gran Canaria next week and the email I received from Ryanair in April warned me that they would charge me for any extra costs resulting from this increase and it could come into effect before my holiday. As I haven't received any emails since, I guess it didn't. I found one article that suggested that it might now be June before the budget is approved and the increased charges can be introduced with immediate effect but it's not very clear.

:que
Getting seats on the plane together should never be a problem if you are in the first quarter of those boarding, if you are last on you dont stand a chance ! - but I quess you know that already.
;) son, wife and two very young children found themselves last but one in queue to board :duh However - Ryanair keeps the back four seats free for wheelchair users. As the only by now 'free' seats were dotted all over the aircraft, he asked if there WERE any wheelchair users on board that flight? No. So they got the 4 seats at back of plane all together.
son, wife and two very young children found themselves last but one in queue to board However - Ryanair keeps the back four seats free for wheelchair users. As the only by now 'free' seats were dotted all over the aircraft, he asked if there WERE any wheelchair users on board that flight? No. So they got the 4 seats at back of plane all together.

Must be new. Never known them to keep the back seats free before, possibly the very front seats.
Nope....it was the back seats they said..and this was only 2 weeks ago?
I'm sure that you are right Betty Boop. Despite the fact that 8, yes 8, whole rows of seats at the front were empty Ryanair cabin crew loaded my disabled mother through the front door of the plane and tried to insist that she struggle on her two sticks all the way to the rear of the plane because that was where the seats reserved for disabled passengers were! Thankfully, seeing how my mother was struggling, a really kind couple sat just behind all the empty seats offered us their seats and they walked to the back of the plane instead. The cabin crew protested that they couldn't sit there because they weren't disabled and then got really grumpy when the couple pointed out that it was precisely because they WEREN'T disabled that they most definitely WERE going to walk to the very back of the plane in our place :duh

To add insult to injury the cabin crew not only forgot to request the assistance at the arrival airport but then told us off for not getting off the plane with everybody else! Needless to say that was the last time we ever flew anywhere with Ryanair!

sM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.