Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hello - hope you can help here please !

14 nights Mon 27 Jan 14 08:00
13:25
Day flight TOM 416
Mon 10 Feb 14 14:35
21:45
Night flight TOM 417

These are the flights from Manchester to Cape Verde Boa

Can you tell me the type of aircraft to be used and also whether the seating will be allocated at the airport in Manchester or will it be allocated the night before by computer ? Likewise any ideas for the return flight on the 19th Feb

Thanks
chica.julietta,

Medical seats are row 1 in premium so if you're in the premium cabin, you should be allocated these if needed. The problem is these are likely to have been allocated to other passengers already but your needs should take precedence.

Darren
gaz68 wrote:
The useless system never works, well in PC anyway. Had a problem selecting seats in September last year & I believe it's still not working properly. When trying to select a row of 2 it always says that you are not selecting the correct type of seat when you are thus will not allow you to confirm. Totally pathetic.

I've never had a problem using online seat selection with TOM. Once it's open, it only takes a minute to select and confirm. The system does have a problem with some seats, due to their not being a B seat. It's just a case of giving TOM a call if you're having problems and doing it on the phone, it's no hassle.

Darren
HuddersfieldTourist,

MAN-BVC-MAN (TOM416/7) are operated by Boeing 757-200. Seating is allocated the day before.

Darren
Thanks everyone for the replies, I have now been told Thomson will not fly us if my leg needs to be elevated, so the insurance will need to arrange different flights. Thanks anyway
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
HuddersfieldTourist,

MAN-BVC-MAN (TOM416/7) are operated by Boeing 757-200. Seating is allocated the day before.

Darren

Thanks for the reply
I posted a question on here on 14th about emailing the Facebook team regarding seat selection but never received an email telling me that there had been replies.

My thanks to Darren and Sunaddict for their prompt replies and apologies for not responding sooner.

My reason for going down that route was that I had read that others had done it and wondered if it would make sure that I got first pick of the seats. The reason that I always book Premium is that I find it very difficult to sleep on the return long haul sector and every little bit of help including the recline assists. Now I understand that the Dreamliner has a much smaller recline so I would really like row 1 if I can get it. I have used the online seat selector before but was trying to get one step ahead of the crowd at the 90 day window.
Jetlagged wrote:
I posted a question on here on 14th about emailing the Facebook team regarding seat selection but never received an email telling me that there had been replies.

My thanks to Darren and Sunaddict for their prompt replies and apologies for not responding sooner.

My reason for going down that route was that I had read that others had done it and wondered if it would make sure that I got first pick of the seats. The reason that I always book Premium is that I find it very difficult to sleep on the return long haul sector and every little bit of help including the recline assists. Now I understand that the Dreamliner has a much smaller recline so I would really like row 1 if I can get it. I have used the online seat selector before but was trying to get one step ahead of the crowd at the 90 day window.

The social media team won't be able to book seats any sooner than if you ring the flight extras team. No one can until the seat plans are loaded and open to booking. That way it ensures everyone has the same chance.

Row 1 are medical seats, so even if you did get to select them they might have to move you if there was anyone that actually needed them.
Any idea when Thomson retire their B767's from long haul?
Busdriver,

The last 2 former First Choice 76W's (G-OOBL/M) are expected to be withdrawn from use by July 2014. The other (G-OOBK) leaves this month.

Darren
Thanks. Looks like the Dreamliner from BHX to BGI for the cruise in February 2015.
busdriver,

The cruise charters are 787-8's this year and will be next year.

Darren
Hi Darren

Does that mean that Tom 770 from BHX this Feb will be a 787? we have booked our seats on a 767

Regards
Roger
Rogerdoger,

I should have said most cruise charters, apologies. The ones from MAN and LGW have been, BHX are still 767 as they have an aircraft on selected days for long haul.

Darren
Hi Darren,
Can you recommend the best window seat with a full window in Premium club.
Thomson BHX to Cancun
Dep 31/5/14 return 14/6/14.
Thanks..
tigger,

Your flights, BHX-CUN-BHX (TOM568/9) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER. Seating is personal preference, they are all much of a muchness in terms of facilities. It's really whether you prefer a window, centre or isle seat at the front, middle or the rear of the cabin. There's only 9 rows of seats in the premium cabin located at the front of the aircraft. The only ones I would avoid are row 9A/B and 9 F/G as there's no window on that row if you wanted to see outside. You'll find extensive aircraft information including seat plans, aircraft, cabin and seat photos linked from our what Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks for your help and speedy response.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.