Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
seedy2,

An adapter isn't required but I always use one anyway. As Sunaddict mentions though, you'll be provided with quality noise cancelling headphones so you dont really need to take your own.

Darren
Thanks Darren, Sunaddict and brewerdave,

My husband bought me some Bose noise cancelling headphones for Christmas, I'll have to use them or die!!
is it true that that the 1st row of the dreamliner in premium are classed as medical seats
Like · · 3 hours ago

Thomson Holidays Hi xxxx This isn't correct, all seats in our Premium Club cabins are available to select for customers who've purchased Premium Club seats. You can select your seats 90 days before your inbound flight on our Flight Extras website - http://flightextras.thomson.co.uk. We do have seats in the first few rows of Economy Club on the Dreamliner that are reserved for customers with welfare needs. ^Dan
Like · Reply · 3 hours ago

Thought I'd post this reply from Thomson on FB. So there we have it, Row 1 in PC are not medical seats & anyone can select them when the seat plan opens.

gaz
Thanks Darren, I've seen a picture of OOBK without her First Choice titles on another site.

I hope Thomson have enough planes, a Norwegian 787 had trouble with it's batteries!
Qman,

As we've said many times, aircraft old and new have problems, age has little relevance with aircraft due to the level of maintenance. They'll be fine.

Darren
Hi Darren.

We are flying from MAN to ACE on 11th Sept on Thomson at ~0830. Can't recall the flight numbers and the MyThomson app hasn't updated yet with that info.

Can you tell us what aircraft we are likely to be on?

Thanks

IainB
IainB999,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-ACE-MAN (TOM2468/9) are normally operated by Boeing 767-300/ER (short haul) but I'll be able to confirm that closer to the time.

Darren
THanks Darren. Haven't flown on a 767 with TOM before, so looking forward to the experience.
I've flown out from MAN to ACE in summer 2012 but was on a flight with 2 rows of 3 seats each. Has this now changed as I see that the 767 - 300ER seating is configured as 2-3-2? Thanks in advance for any information available. :).
Juicy1,

Welcome onboard :tup
Thomson operate several aircraft types that vary by route and flight number. You may have flown on a Boeing 757-200 previously. I can't comment on any future flights without knowing your flight numbers and dates of travel. The short haul 767-300/ER's are configured 2-4-2. It's the long haul 767-300/ER that are configured 2-3-2, but these will leave the fleet by the end of July. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Decided to go back to Mexico later in the year with Mum who is registered disabled. Can anyone advise please on the situation regarding medical seats onboard the Thomson Dreamliner. More to the point,do all the seats recline fully in economy,and which rows (if any) do Thomson set aside for wheelchair passengers or those with mobility and/ or those passengers with mobility issues ?

Any link regarding medical seating or info would be good.

Thanks in advance.
Whomenever,

Medical seats on the Boeing 787-8 are the front row in economy. There's a seat plan linked from our What Aircraft? guide (link below) as well as lots of other information.

Darren
Thanks for the reply Dazbo.

I looked at the ' what aircraft ' part but despite looking at the smart new layout,we still cannot fathom things out number wise ? According to pictures,those ''front seats in economy' you mention,seem to be row 10 from a site called 'seat guru' and they look like ex legroom seats at a premium ?

SOZ if I have got this wrong,never needed this kinda help before .

:que
Whomenever,

They are extra legroom or those just behind at the front of the economy cabin. You'll need to call Thomson and explain your situation and that you need medical seating. They'll then reserve the medical seats for you (at no cost).

Darren
Sounds good to me Dazbo.

Thx for your help,great website.

:tup
Hi Darren

Well it's that time of year again, planning holidays! We're booked to fly with Thomson on 7th may LGW to Luxor. The flight leaves at 13.25. I can't seem to find a flight number yet, but would you know what plane this will be?

Thanks

Juliet
Lilac labrador,

Flights to Luxor should be operated by Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Thanks Darren, helpful and speedy as always :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.