Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
garry8g,

Welcome onboard :tup
The interiors are FCA. They had a refurbishment the other year but they are still the same style. You'll find photos linked from our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Just click on the aircraft type.

Darren
Darren,

Thanks for the welcome !

And of course the quick response.

garry8g
Not flown Thomson long haul for a few years now and wondering whether they still use the ex First Choice planes? Flying PE from Manchester to Cancun (TOM 194/195) in June and really like the set up in ex First Choice.

Thanks in advance
If you had read the posts above you would know they are using the 2 last ex first choice 767s. OOBM and OOBL. They have done over 80,000 hours, so are well run in.
bevclark15,

You'll find all the aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). I'll double check when I'm back in the office, but your flights may be operated by Boeing 787-8.

Darren
Hi Darren
I am due to fly to SSH from MAN in October and have booked extra legroom seats I thought that these seats were only available on the 757 aircraft but was told that the 737-800 aircraft are to be fitted with the extra legroom seats from this summer is this true as they state that our flight TOM894 is to be operated on a 737
Many thanks
Shion
Qman wrote:
If you had read the posts above you would know they are using the 2 last ex first choice 767s. OOBM and OOBL. They have done over 80,000 hours, so are well run in.

The posts above the question relate to the interiors of the ex-FC 767's and a Barbados flight out of Glasgow, which has no bearing on a summer flight to Mexico from
Manchester.. Thomson have the ex tfly 767's which can be configured into long haul service until the first flight has gone out or seat plans are seen by other passengers none of us will know if Thomson are using a particular 767.

It has nothing to do with not reading a post above.... :think
Shionhughes,

There are extra legroom seats on all aircraft Thomson operate. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including seat plans. Extra legroom seat on the 738 are rows 15/16. Note that row 15 doesn't have seat recline.

Darren
Hi again Darren

Sorry if I wasn't clear about the extra legroom seats I thought the two rows on the 737 were exit seats and were called extra space seats, was told by thomson that some of their 737's were being reconfigured similarly to the 757's for this summer don't know if you know anything about this?
Not flown Thomson long haul for a few years now and wondering whether they still use the ex First Choice planes?

I was answering the question. They still do use ex first Choice planes!
Darren, I've booked a Thomson flight to Catania from Manchester in June and have booked extra legroom seats. I could have booked extra space seats, which are exit seats, for less money.
The plane I'm going on has at least 12 extra legroom seats, not exit seats. You told me that the plane is going to be a 737, so I assume that Thomson are putting the extra legroom seats in the 737: is this correct? I and Shionhughes would like to know.
I would have preferred a 757, I like the quick take offs and the push in the back!
Shionhughes / Qman,

I'm told this is the case and I assume it'll happen from May, but I've no specific details of it as yet. I would assume it'll involved the removal of a row at the front of the aircraft so rows 1-4 can be spaced out, but I've yet to see details.

Darren
Thanks very much Darren will keep checking for updates
Hi Darren

Will flights TOM5584/5 Luton - Skiathos be operated by a 757 on 11th/18th July this year?

Thanks
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
HuddersfieldTourist,

MAN-BVC-MAN (TOM416/7) are operated by Boeing 757-200. Seating is allocated the day before.

Darren

Hi - my brother said his seats were allocated at the check in desk on the outbound and he was asked if he wanted a window and centre or two aisle seats etc etc - How would that happen if it is allocated the day before ? He said others in the queue were being asked the same questions too ? Plane was said to be full bar one or two seats. Thanks
Just wondering if you know which flights are Dreamliner flights TO Manchester Birmingham or Gatwick on 23rd December from Montego Bay Jamaica please ? Any flight codes will help please. Happy to look at all 3 airports hence all three mentioned. Thanks. I assume they will be turnaround flights. Could TOM0056 from Gatwick be one with TOM0057 coming back ? Either of these fot MAN TOM189 or TOM165 on 23rd Dec 2014 please ? Thanks
What aircraft is currently proposed for TOM2607 PMI to MAN please on 3.5.14 ? Thanks
HuddersfieldTourist wrote:
Just wondering if you know which flights are Dreamliner flights TO Manchester Birmingham or Gatwick on 23rd December from Montego Bay Jamaica please ? Any flight codes will help please. Happy to look at all 3 airports hence all three mentioned. Thanks. I assume they will be turnaround flights. Could TOM0056 from Gatwick be one with TOM0057 coming back ? Either of these fot MAN TOM189 or TOM165 on 23rd Dec 2014 please ? Thanks

If you do a dummy flight search on Thomsons website it tells you straight away which flights are scheduled on a dreamliner.
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
bevclark15,

You'll find all the aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). I'll double check when I'm back in the office, but your flights may be operated by Boeing 787-8.

Darren

Thanks Darren, much appreciated.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.