Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi Emma,
I think, (i'm a bit forgetful!) it was 575 pounds, we paid 25% after provisionally booking it, with the rest due 1 month before the wedding. If i remember rightly, when we were looking at first choice it was 299 pounds.
The good thing for booking it through a planner is that you know in advance the date and time of the wedding, and they will also book any extras for you, such as the restaurant, bouquet and all that stuff, you then pay for them seperatly, it isnt included in the fee, but it has made our day much simpler and a lot less stressful by knowing that everything is gonna be taken care of and i wont have to run around organising it all when i get there! :D
HTH Cathy.
Thanks, I'll let you know what we decide!!
Just another question: has anyone used Exquisite Lindos to book their wedding?
Yoo Hoo Guys!

Anyone know what the cost of all the paperwork, translations etc is for weddings in rhodes? I've just seen a post elsewhere that says a wedding planner out there charges 600 pounds for the paperwork, thats without the ceremony fees and marriage license, that seemed rather a lot to me? Just curious if thats how much it will end up costing me as I thought it would be less than that.
Thanks in advance!
:shock:
EMMA there is a PM waiting in your box sorry technical fault you will not have received a notification

wizard

sorry :offtop
Cathrynjamie

It's £19 per document to have it legalised in England and approx £50 (depending on rate of Euro) to translate each document in Greece,
so it just depends on how many docs you have, most couples will have 4, 2 birth certs and 2 certs of non impediment.
Approx total cost £276.

Paul
phew, thanks ozpants, i nearly had a heart attack when i read 600 pounds!!!! I hadnt budgeted nearly that much lol i thought it was gonna cost around 250 all together, so i wasnt far off, thanks
cathy. x
I understand the price that has been advised is correct however if you have been divorced you will have another 138.00 pounds and then you still have the ceremony fee and the marriage licence fee which is approx another 150.00 pounds....and then another fee for the translation of the marriage licence from Greek to English. These prices are if you do it yourself. Cx
Hi all!

I have just joined and found this thread very interesting to read! We have booked out wedding for Oct the 26th (St Pauls Bay) and I hope to get in touch with other brides that are planning their day for Oct 06.

We have booked our holiday seperately, and are staying in a Studio in Lindos. Very basic.. but we will not spend much time there anyway (looking back at previous holidays). For the wedding day we are using one of the known planners in Lindos (not sure if I can mention them) It is not the one mentioned a lot in this thread already. Anyway. Up to now things are going well! We are still in the stage of finding out a lot of information. From times when the sun goes down to what type of pictures we would like.

Will keep you all posted!

H.
Hewy welcome to HT you are quite at liberty to name your wedding advisor's providing you are not directly associated (own or employed By them as this would be classed as direct advertising)

wizard
OK! makes sense!

We have booked with Exquisite Lindos. It is all going well.

Has anybody any pics of good wedding pics made in and around Lindos by a local photographer? We are at the moment just looking for some ideas as to what kind of 'mood' we would like to have on them if you know what I mean.. wacky, formal or really romantic.. not sure..

Thanks!
Charlotte, did you mean the price i read was correct or the price ozpants said was correct?
Hi Catherynjamie. the price that ozpants said is correct, but when you add up everything (depends on how many documents you have) the price is around the 600.00 pounds. I also noticed on the other site that you were referring to that the member has since made another input as she got confussed and made a mistake about the price.
Hey,

We are getting married in Lindos on 29th May, going for three weeks with 40 family and freinds, staying at he PIR, not all of us mind!

We are having a 6pm ceremony and the glass bottom boat afterwards decieded against the greek band as they are quiet expenstive.

Our costs the for actual day are approx £2500 including evening meal, the legal fees are costing us approx £350 (apostle stamp, registrar here, translations.) We are also using Karen at Lindos Weddings and would def. recommend.
:D
Rachelx
Thanks for the PMs guys (been to Edinburgh for a long weekend so only just checked my mail!), have booked with Karen from Lindos Weddings. She's coming up soon to sort out the arrangements, can't wait!
Thanks for that. What options are there for the reception and what are the prices like??? Glad you had a fab day. Luckily we are getting married 16th october so hopefully won't be too much of a conveyor belt!!!! xxx
Hi

We will tie the knot there on the 26th! We arrive on the 14th, so there is a chance that I will be able to catch a glimps;-))

H.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.