Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Gosh guys I am so so so gutted for you all. I know how I felt when I was cancelled so you really have my utmost utmost utmost sympathy and empathy. I can't believe it.
FC have lied like crazy to everyone and that it quite disgusting.
Totally crappily disgusting.
Can I also suggest that everyone starts looking for back up holidays the Kefalonia has been pulled for the whole of 2006, who's to say that this isnt going to happen to Kos, I hope not, for everyones sake.

Right I really must go to work now xx

*Edit libelous comments removed -Glynis*
ive just had my reply from fc and they confirm kabc will not open untill july 1st, but beause we are going on july 12th we still cannot change with out paying admin to do so, but we have no real gaurentee it will open how do we know this will not happen again in a month s time,
i relly feel sorry for you that have been cancelled but at least you can change and book something that has been built!!!!!!!!!!!
shop just called to confirm that it has been cancelled but we need to go into the shop tomorrow to look at alternatives. they also said that if we choose a more expensive holiday we would have to pay the difference????

And hubby being an idiot just flaming agreed - I hope to god I get my voice back tomorrow cos by god they will hear me!!!!!

AARRRGGGGGG
I felt like cancelling when their were questions on the completion date a month ago but thought it would still be built as I wouldn't be refunded any money.
Now it's cancelled (still can't get through). Where on earth are they going to find a place for 6 people, peak time during the school hols?????, it's so bl**dy difficult and you're limited on choice :evil:

I don't believe it!!!!!! I was just getting used to the thought of being on holiday!!!! If they suggest Corfu I'll kill someone.

River :twisted:
yea!!!! got thru but guess what you are all right and it has changed until 1st July :cry:
am now going to riu bamboo dominican republic, 29th may 1700 for 3 of us, thompsons....sod first choice!!!!! :lol:
I people are angry but I must ask that you do not post libel on the forum or this topic will have to be closed to safeguard the site.

Please read the following for some libel advice:-

http://www.urban75.com/Action/libel.html
What's the situation re - them cancelling the holiday?? Do we get any compensation or do we just try and find another holiday for the cost we paid, even though the cost may be more now we've got 2 weeks to try and find one???? And I doubt I'll will in time. I'm away this weekend so I'll have a little over a week to find a holidaay. I've got no chance. F**k!!!! Sorry for the language.

River
Does anyone know how quick you would get your money back if you opted for a full refund rather than another holiday with them?
Can I ask Jo123 did you have to pay any differnce - was it more expensive cos they told hubby that we would have to......

Carreen
xxx
Hi all I have just come in and I can not believe this .

Is it true we are due to go on the 28th June anyone know anything. :? :(
app they are trying to accomodate people, bujt i for one dont want to be shot anywhere, i have asked for full refund as apposed to them dealing with me, and have got deal to dom for less, my holiday to kabc had gone down about 900 anyway, good luck everyone!!! :gluck
How long does a refund take Jo?
its all true!!!! carren, ask for a full refund dont take no for an answer, its their cock up...ive actually saved by doing this, if theyd have changed it over id have lost out... not going with fc anymore....never again...
my daughter sorting it as we speak, cant rebook properly until 2mow, the manageress is sorting out refund, said shell change holiday over and we should get the refund more or less straight away....fingers crossed... had a terrible last few days this is just the icing on the cake... fancy riu bamboo anyone???let me know how you get on
Hi everyone, can't believe what's been going on today :!:

We've booked for May next year. I really feel for all of you who have had your holidays cancelled.

We are going to the Pegasus Palace on the 25th May and after 12 months of up and downs we are really looking forward to it. If you have a look on that forum (page 101 I think ) it has just had it's first reviews which sound really good. Maybe with everyone being transfered to there they will have that many people going that they will decide to open the Pegasus Tropical and all of its facilities for us. :idea:

I can't believe that after all the lies I have been told concerning this years holiday I have gone and booked with them for next year (Eclipse).
Will I never learn :x
Did you get any compensation Jo?
Joe 123 when are you going now have you changed to another date for the kABC
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.