Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
How
How do they justify changing some but not others????? :?
I starting ringing the 0161 number at 0900 this morning - finally spoke to a 'senior' member of staff at 1140 am (whoopydoo!).

I was informed that I could change my holiday at no extra cost - but no discounts would be given on a new holiday price if it was higher.

I go away in August and the assistant was adament that KABC would be open on 1 July etc. etc. I then asked for a refund (deposit) she said I would not be entitled to one and should refer to the booking conditions.

Chances are, if they decide yet again that the 'resort' (joke) is delayed - us lot going in August will not stand a chance of getting anything decent, as it is peak season!! What a Joke!!

I feel so disappointed and mislead! The assistant then had the nerve to say that new builds always have teething problems - why did I book it! Flaming cheek - I told her that under no circumstances should it have been advertised as opening when they knew it was impossible, nobody would knowingly book a hotel that wasn't going to be completed on time.

I managed to contradict just about every excuse that was given - inclement weather - my a*** :rage

FC Tour Operator of the Year - do the decent thing for once and prove it!!!
hi ive just spoken to arep at fc hypermarket as i go tokabc in sept was told it will be open no refunds for anyone after 1july yet some of you say you have had no probs in altering july and august bookings please help

Well they obviously didn't see Holiday Hit Squad on BBC 1 last night where First Choice stated:

"if anyone due to travel this summer still has concerns we would be happy for them to amend to another holiday free of charge."

This statement is on the BBC website with a transcript of last nights report:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/holiday/tv_and_radio/holiday_hit_squad/hhs_anthony_kos.shtml
Their interpretation of "amending the holiday free of charge" is that you do not have to pay the amendment fee but pay the extra cost if the property is dearer. Think the BBC ought to know about this.
Well done Michelle for keeping the list updated - looks like we're spread all over the place now
Karen
OK...So tell me I am mad,,,,,,but then tell me something I really don't know!!! I have just priced up KABC for 23rd May 2007 and I fancy booking it tonight.

It must be fate, I must be a witch.....Kos....I kept saying fellow 23rders.....I must have had a preminition...well i can't spell but you all know what I mean.

So who is up for it.....???????????
I've just priced it up too Lisa. Part of me doesn't EVER want to give FC any of my money again, but I also think it is probably going to be a great place once it's up and running properly. We'll see.......
FC shop has changed us, free of charge and we pay a little less. We are going to PP now.

FC are more than happy to change you free of charge for anyone going this year. Our shop knew this and we were told this on the phone in the morning by thier helpline number.

I am not sure if the agent had a busy day, it is hot and humid, but she did say that if we was to upgrade, compensation would be paid but as where we are going now, it is classed as a downgrade (Kos 3*, turkey 4*?). I am wondering here if FC have another announcement due?

It has taken the agent all day to do this. This is because they are prioritising those more affected such as pre-July 1st and Kefalonia. Which is fair comment. In fact if you are not affected, it might be worth holding the phone calls a couple of days so those most affected can be dealt with.

It has been a rollercoaster journey, I am now heading out of this forum on a first class ticket to the PP board, and I won't be flying with FC!

Thanks for all your help and advice in the past and will check back now and then to see how things have been going, we may book next year if it gets good reviews.

Ta Ta for now

8)
:yipee Bye Mcfester. Have a good one!! :sun :glynis :sun
Been thinking hard about this and I think there are still more cancellations to come. The reason they are doing this in waves is because if they were to announce that it was not going to be ready until say August they would not be able to deal with the volumn of calls. Therefore I think it is best to hold on and see what happens instead of paying out extra money that is not probably going to be necessary. They are clearly now trying to place all people up until 1st July before they start on the next ones.
been into my local fc shop today, kefalonia was pulled because it started to subside!!! a crack team (whatever that is, sounds like drugs to me lol) are flying to Kos next week to get things sorted. She said that even if you booked online or over the phone you can go into a fc shop to get your holiday change or cancelled, that have received a fax this morning stating this, so guys dont waste time and money on the phone just go to your local shop they will be able to do this for you as of today.

Hope to see you soon mcfester xxxx
We booked on the telephone and when I went into my local FC on wednesday she told me they couldn't help me unless I booked in the shop!! I seriously wonder if anyone in First Choice knows what they are doing!!! :shock:
Why oh why didnt we book it in the FC shop in the first place
they have been brilliant-only thing is dont go in on saturday as shop will be busy with thier own shop customers so you could ens up waiting hours!
I booked in fc shop anyway as they are always helpful and have always felt a bit nervous about not having a person to talk to in case things go wrong ha ha ha-but the rest of our party booked online and got it for £100
cheaper than me.
whats the difference/ for the same holiday/
mine was changed without fuss bother or charge 4 days ago and my family are all stressed and worried being passed frompillar to post on the phone.
was it woth it/
i dont think so
all of my family will book in a shop after this fiasco
I know fc are allowing shops to help thier web bookers cause this is such a mess but this is strictly a ''one off''
I feel sorry for the poor shop staff-as their own customers must take
priority-surely? and I bet they are picking up the phone to angry web customers all day long!!!
i hope fc realise they are an asset in this mess!!!
Have beening trying all day to phone Fc on 0161????number but just rings then cuts you off. I then call customer services the girl there was very helpful although could not sort out holiday as they have not been brief on what to do, however she did say that FC shops have been brief and any one who booked over the phone can go to the shops and they would help. She could have transfered me through into the queing system but said is was taking about an hour to get through, then approx that again to try and sort out another holiday. She also watched the programme yesterday and I asked 'off the record' from what you saw do you think this hotel is likely to open this summer?...her answer NO!
We went to Kiotari Bay two years ago and had a really good time. Pools were really good and the food was excellent. Not a very wide choice of drinks but they had the basics.
Michelle we are still going to Kos on 14.6.06 and staying at Louis Helios Beach.
:D :P :wave We have cancelled with FC! "Ye Hah" We are now going to the Suite Hotel Atlantis in Fuerteventura on the 14 June.
(Page 59 FC Families Brochure)

Have managed to get a 4 star with private Taxi transfer for £200 less than KABC!
Decided never to give money to Last Choice again. They have offered to refund our money with £20 each compo! I felt like telling them to stick it up there A_ s!

Appologies Michelle for messing up your list again. Hope everybody has a good holiday whereever you end up!

If it is any use, I checked on line with a company called Travel Republic (INVALID URL they are travel agents and are ABTA bonded. They had quite alot of holidays at reasonable prices. I printed off a quote for the holiday and took it to the agents I booked to go to KABC with and they could not beat the price!

Found this site very entertaining and usefull. Many thanks to everyone who contributes, and thanks to Holiday truths. I will keep this site in my favourites.

Kev
Does anyone know if you've booked with Eclipse can you change in a First Choice shop ?
hi all just to let you know i can change my hotel/resort at no extra charge and i dont go until sept so what does it tell you :?: will kabc be up and running :hmmm
I have also been into FC today and changed to the PP at no extra charge (in fact saving £70, with far better flights). Interesting though that the manager told me they had had a letter from head office saying one of their senior managers has visited the KABC in the last couple of days and that it is almost ready - I told her she obviously hadn't seen the report.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.