Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
hi lisa im thinking of booking for next may kabc i must be mad 8)
Hi Lisa

We are going to KABC 23rd May 07. Booked on Sunday before all of this kicked off.
Hi there I have been folowing this topic for a while now.We are due to travel 1st July from Gatwick to Aqua Beach Club in Kos.After the posts I have read over the past few days decided to go to First Choice shop today to hopefully change destination as we dont want to spend time on holiday on a building site.The place we opted for was working out £600 more expensive for the 4 of us through no fault of our own.We were told that because it would be open on 1st July we would have to pay the extra if we intended to change.Never mind the fact that we had set up flights from Glasgow to Gatwick and return after the holiday.

Does anyone know when exactly it will open?Will be watching programme closely tonight on BBC1 Scotland.
Any ideas on best way forward?
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL KOS AQUA BEACH CLUB MEMBERS FROM ROS FERNIHOUGH TRAVEL LAW LAWYER.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=73371

Please copy this post across to the next pages so that all members can read the link.

Thanks.
Hi bignixi, all we really know is what they are willing to tell us, or not. :roll: We were due to go on the 28th June but as you already know everything up to the 1st July has been cancelled. Now we go the 5th July.
Having spent all day on the phone have finally managed to book Bahia Principe Tenerife, has anyone been there? Good luck to everyone still trying to rebook :bhead
Janenmick-we werent going till 5 july and FCchanged us free of charge and gave us some money back :lol:
firebird
Did you get any money back for changing to the 5th July i work for coop and have been pricing 5th July up today and not suprisingly they have got it onSALE
I fancy the hotel louis princess in crete now but will have to see if they will change us free of charge been trying to get through to the helpline ALL DAY since 9am and not once got through just kept ringing and cutting off.
Hi cathyb they would change us if we were willing to pay the difference on the accomodation we wanted which worked out £100 more. Was the accomation you booked another all inclusive? The problem with us is because we only booked this Monday we got a good price for this holiday so everything is working out more expensive. We don't want to pay anymore because this was supposed to work out to a cheap quick holiday. And to be honest I don't see why we should line their pockets with anymore money for something that was not our fault. We will just bite the bullet and wait and see.
Hi bignixi we are due to go !st July and were also told similar to yourselves. We have decided to go if it is open but I have told them if it doesn't fit the description in the brochure we will be making a claim for a full refund. If there is still building work in progress it is their duty to inform us before we leave.
Sing this to the tune of Summer Holiday and feel free to add to it

We're all going on a First Choice Holiday
Given the choice we wouldn't want to
Never again will I choose a holiday
With First Choice, it will be someone new.

We're going where the builders start early
We're going to a place that's new
We just hope that it's finished
Will we have a loo?

Everybody loves a summer holiday
Doing things they always wanted to
But will we do them on this summer holiday
I'll let you know when its through.
well after arguing all day with my local first choice shop, i eventually agreed to pay an extra £700 for us to change to cuba, they would not pay the extra as we were not going untill the 12th july , and they insisted it would be open on time, i could not face any more worry and sleepless nights
we are now going from gatwick does any one have a idea fo a good hotel near gatwick which includes 2 weeks parking?????????
Hi Annie ... this is the wrong topic and forum for information on Gatwick Airport - please CLICK HERE to go to the Gatwick Q&As topic in our Airlines & Airports forum.

David :wave
Hi all

after spending 6 hours in the co-op to-day trying to find an alternative with only 12 days left to go and 7 in our party travelling from Birmingham not alot of choice left!

Deciding that if we had to be inconvienenced by changing dates flights etc then I would make it worthwhile, looked at everything and everywhere everytime I thought yes thats it there was a hitch to it !!!

Finally found the holiday going the 29th instead from east midlands but £1800 approx dearer.

F/C said they would honor £150 per person extra towards the holiday ( as they had spare money in a funding pot???) and would use the £40 per adult( = £160 in our case) compensation towards the extra cost and we would have to pay the difference!! :rofl WHAT A JOKE!! so I also reminded f/c that as I had not benefitted from any free child places I wanted compensation for them aswell so they honored £63 for the children.

I was MAD :rage and determined that I was not going to be penalised for there incompetance, I wanted a worthwhile holiday with no extra to pay and the compensation in a cheque in my hand (or posted )

they wouldn't give me the compensation they would only deduct it from the cost of the holiday but they did end up waivering the extra still needed to make it up so it didn't cost us a penny at all.

The co-op said they would refund us the compensation themselves ( who may I add were fantastic all day and so patient THANKYOU) :bow

so
Where are we going????????????

2 weeks 4 **** All Inclusive to

Areeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebaaaaar

MEXICO :glynis :sun

STICK to your guns folks and get what you want!!

It wasn't OUR FIRST CHOICE but it is a dream holiday (hopefully!!)

I am still going to write to them as advised on the forum travel law link and follow it up on our return.

QUOTE from the link

If you are offered some compensation from the tour operator then please write to the tour operator immediately and state that you are not accepting this in full and final settlement of the matter and that you are reserving the right to pursue a claim for further compensation.

If you accept an alternative accommodation then immediately write to your tour operator stating that you are taking the alternative UNDER DURESS and reserving the right to pursue a claim on your return from holiday.
Edited to remove off topic discussion.
Please use this thread only to discuss issues directly related to Kos Aqua Beach Club
David HT Mod
janemick what you been saying...lol.. Just read your song, hope you gonna sing it on karoki :lol:
  • Edited by Sukaay 2006-05-12 20:07:01
where u going in mexico kandice? we went last may and it was fantastic we stayed in riu tequilla.... im really pleased everyone is starting to sort things, i am getting whats left from my initial payment tomorrow, as our holiday to dominican rep cost almost 400 less, also i hope compensation but id just like to say thompsons have sorted everything for me and they are covered for things like this, so because i booked in the shop, theyre able to refund me. Fc cant even manage to fund their own clients..hope you all have a fab time wherever you all may venture...ive really enjoyed myself chatting to you all and would have loved to have met you all, but maybe next year?????? :roll: :roll:
Hope you have a great holiday joe123 :sun
after trying to sort things out today...................

firstchoice have said if we find a hotel, they will honour a free child place and give us £150 per adult off the price

plus our travel agent said they would match the 11% discount we had originally for the kabc................

only we cant find anywhere AI with seperate bedroom / inconnecting rooms unless we downgrade to a 2 star.

so we are still back to looking................
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.