Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
We are on to FC today because we hav'nt recieved invoices yet of cancelation or new booking.

Important day for you Janenmick next Saturday hope everything is fantastic for you all I will be wishing for the weather to improve for you.
Trudie hope you feel better soon, whilst you are recovering maybe you could add a couple of verses :lol:
Hi Janenmick thanks for that everybody seems really positive so lets all stay that way. Hope your daughters wedding goes well :love
Sukaay really love yr song. I'm sure from reading all your discussions sukaay you will be a great entertainer swap with the fc reps :rofl
Trudie we have a 13 year old extrovert girl and a shy 15 year old girl sure they will get on we go on the 19th July so will be there when you arrive. We have received the final bill as well with no mention of the hotel not being ready! relax and get better from your op singing Janenmick and Sukaays' song and looking forward to a great holiday, we will get the drinks in when you arrive, Soft drink if your not a drinker :lol:
oops sorry my girls are 12 and 14 put the wrong age because i've been trying to sort out their birthday arrangements today and had to put how old they will be on their birthday. You can see i'm a begginer on this cos just realised you can go back and edit after you have sent it!!! By the time we go i should be an expert :lol:
Just called fc and was given another number to call. Spoke to Tony who has assured me that everything is now ready apart from and landscape which should all be done for June. He said a Dutch company has a group booked for the end of june to go to kabc so looks like all of us booked to go in July will be going yippeeee :hyper :yipee
Great so looks like we will be there with the Dutch. Never mind I talk double dutch most of the time so at least they will be able to understand me.
after reading forum over past couple days feeling positive again so much so have even booked hotel at airport night before we go 15th aug might even start shopping for clothes now ! usually i been buying for ages by now but not been able to muster up much excitement been looking forward to next years holiday more than this one until now!! Kids are so looking forward to this holiday went to all inclusive in turkey couple of years ago in october had slides sports etc never saw girls except when they came back to sunbeds with pancakes plates chips etc .lets all keep the positive thoughts going and get in holiday mode anything got to be better than blizzards and pouring rain!
after reading forum over past couple days feeling positive again so much so have even booked hotel at airport night before we go 15th aug might even start shopping for clothes now ! usually i been buying for ages by now but not been able to muster up much excitement been looking forward to next years holiday more than this one until now!! Kids are so looking forward to this holiday went to all inclusive in turkey couple of years ago in october had slides sports etc never saw girls except when they came back to sunbeds with pancakes plates chips etc .lets all keep the positive thoughts going and get in holiday mode anything got to be better than blizzards and pouring rain!
Hi everyone

Spoke to FC last night after reading everyone's postings. They assured me that the hotel will be open on the 1st July. HOWEVER when I pushed her and asked whether in my situation she would change now, she said YES!!! We were meant to be going on the 9th August.

So we have. It's cost another £1,000, but we are going back to somewhere we have been before and we havn't got to worry anymore.

I thought holidays were meant to take the stress away not add to it!! GOOD LUCK to everyone who is going. I'll be really interested to see if it opens at all this year.
:D
Hi caroline1st - it will open this year and as somebody said earlier in this forum - like in deal or no deal you have probably dealt too early. We have all had the option of changing but have decided to stick and see what happens. All of us that are due to go in July are now getting excited. If it doesn't happen then it's up to FC to find us somewhere else and pay the difference.
sorry should by carolyn1st!!!
Chips :D and pancakes :D Cant wait :D
Hi carolyn so you have jumped ship :) it is understandable, at least you can relax and look forward to your holiday now, as for the rest of us we will just keep sending these positive thoughts to Kos......... :glynis :sun :tup 8) and hope they are recieving.
carolyn,
we jumped ship this time last week, we are goning to cuba now and had to pay another £700 it was me that thought we may have delt too early, but i have slept well since without the worry, we were going on the 12 july, where are you going to now
Edited to remove pessimisted attitude. Have agreat holiday folks
  • Edited by mcfester 2006-05-19 18:36:35
Hi All, lets keep the good spirits up for all those who are still going to KABC, and not get dragged down again into the realms of pessimism. This is going to be the BEST holiday ever :D Who cares if Holiday Watchdog are on our side or not? As far as i am concerned KABC will be ready on time now and we will all be going, starting the first of July.
Hi the Wilson family, credit for the song goes to Janenmick, not me, I just followed with a verse :)

carolyn where are you going to now for your holidays.
Hi, we booked to stay at the Kos Aqua Beach club and we only booked it yesterday evening. I spoke to a First Choice Sales Team member and he assured me the hotel would open on 1st June. I have just found this discussion forum and am really concerned. Without reading the whole way through could someone bring me up to speed. We booked to go out on the 20th July but if there is going to be a problem perhaps we should book something else. What is the update?
Many thanks - Bev travelling with partner Paul and 2 kids aged 5 and 2.
There was talk earlier on about reserving sunbeds. Well do not worry. From what I have heard after the bbc report aired the cancellations were so massive that there are going to be sunbeds for everybody.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.