Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Janenmick, hear the credit goes to you on the song well done it is brilliant.

Its good most of the posts are positive.
we need to keep positive only way we can keep going ! unless we prepared to lose lots of dosh nothing better on paper available at mo for us that not too hot or in rainy or hurricane season I prepared to hang on till last minute possible than be bullied in to some where i don't really want to go for sake of it rather make do with money back and rainy uk ! but hoping not to have to make choice surely fc can't keep on making massive mistakes without being held accountable!!!!!!!!!
Have just got up and told other half about problems. He doesnt want to go and thinks we should be allowed to change our hotel as we werent told about any of the problems that have occurred. Has anyone else been allowed to change? Our problem is that if at the last minute we cancel we would be quite difficult to place elsewhere with our requirements - we need both a kids club and creche and we want all inclusive - something which isn't that frequent in the brochure ie you can get AI with kids club but not often with creche too. Also if everyone has cancelled and it is really empty or quiet, our daughter won't enjoy herself at the kids club. I am still going to ring FC this morning and find out - I think it is disgusting that we were not told any of this.
Haffendenfamily

You can change to Pegasos Palace free of charge. It is currently cheaper the Kos, it is built and is having fantastic reviews so far this season.

We changed as my wife did not want to go after watching BBC report.

We went to FC shop and they were extremely helpfull, we go all the upgrades and ended up paying £100 less!

It is up to you if you hang on, I would personally wait until some reports come in on how the finished result is being managed
Have just spoken to other half before seeing your post and had mentioned Pegasos Palace. Do you know which is better out of the palace and the tropical? He says he doesnt mind but I am just concerned as the first guests wont go until 1st July so wont leave a lot of time to change.
I think it is unlikely the Pegasos Tropical will open this season due to low bookings but the facilities are identical at the Pegasos Palace!
hi mrsmel, good to see some are still very positive. I agree with all you said. If there are fewer people going now look for the good points no waiting to be served at the bar, pick and choose of the sunbeds and kids won't have to be queuing for the slides.
Lets all look forward to a good time in Kos :glynis
hi wilson family yes lets all keep positive no point worrying anyway can't do anything about it only the builders really know whats going on and how long stuff takes . we due to pay balance on 21st june so will go and see fc to see if they can update me but then again staff can only tell us what they are told by head office etc . as long as the sun shines the pools are full and the beer is cold we should be fine !! Oh yeah and the food is edible ! If all else fails and it not ready i can always do home improvements with refunded money !!!!!!! sure kids and hubby will be up for that ! not!!! :shock:
Got my tickets this morning for Costa Del Sol Holiday Village and although its exciting, it was also a little sad that they didnt say Kos Aqua Beach on them like they should have done. Still have my fingers crossed for all of you 1st July onwards xxx
Good morning everyone, thanks for all the best wishes and I would dearly love to add to the song but my singing is pretty awful and my imaginative writing even worse!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway I got the date wrong that we are going we are actually flying out on 26th July not the 23rd, I think I was still under the drugs given to me at hospital I still can't get my brain to wake up properly :lol: Also agree with everyone the less people there the more for us and the kids to have, it will be fun xx
last year when i went to pegasus palace the complex/entertainment was fantastic the only down side was the food the complex opened in may we went in the sept and they had such bad reports about the food even 4 months after opening (there is only so many chips one can eat in 2 weeks)the food was still really bad im only worried if the complex does open what the food will be like :bhead i hope they have the chef in a hotel as we speak getting some practice in as i dont fancy another 2 weeks of chips
PLEASE keep on topic.. if you ish to discus Turkey please do so in the TURKEY FORUM or SPAIN in the relivant forum

wizard
  • Edited by Wizard 2006-05-20 14:01:49
Thanks Mod. Hi all just in from work, go back soon so had a quick look on forum
glad to see everything is still positive.

Send those positive vibes :ghug :sun :sun :smokin
I missed thursdays programme does anyone know if it is repeated on any other channel?
Did I miss something? What happened on Thursdays programme?
Hi everyone

Just to let you all know (or the ones that were asking) we are going to the Louis Zante Beach. We have been there before and it was good. No slides or anything and I don't think theres a kids club, but our daughter is 12 now and getting a bit old for all that, although she was very disappointed about the Aqua Beach. I really hope you have a good holiday - I feel a bit guilty about jumping ship and we have probably dealt too early, but we only have one holiday a year and the last two years havn't lived up to expectations, so we felt we really couldn't take the chance this year.

Anyway, happy holidays everyone - I'll keep watching the site to see how all your holidays went. Just to let anyone know who is thinking of changing - FC waived the admin fee for changing (so generous not!!), but they would not give us any compensation because we were due to go on the 9th August and we lost our free child place. I have told them that I will not book with FC again, but I really don't think they are bothered. Hopefully everyone will stick to their guns next year and their profits will go down. :lol:
Hi, we too have jumped ship. I know we only had 2 days worry but that was enough for us so we too have booked the Pegasos Palace in Turkey. Thanks to everyone for their help and hope all of you have good holidays and we will await feed back for kos for next year.
the kabc was on TV again on Thursday i missed it as well. My friend caught the end of the programme and said the part she saw was just confirming it wasn't ready for May and would be opening on the 1st July.

I'm sure fc can't afford to make another mistake and put it back anymore.

Still positive. :lol:
my hubbie just said something quite intelligent for him we had new windows fitted today and it took 2 men 6 hours to fit them ( 9 in total) so like he says how long will it take a load of builders to do the same it like some one earlier said one minute looks like building site next all inclusive 3 star plus out of this world spot on holiday complex ready and waiting for us with lots of sunbeds ice cold beer and super slide days !!!!!! positive thoughts focus every one focus :!:
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.