Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
I feel the same mrsmel one minute very positive the next worried to look at forum just in case we have bad news again, like last time.

Dogs booked in kennels and taxi booked, so here I go again with my positive vibes.

:D 8) :ghug :pele :sun :sun :glynis :fly :arrow: to Kos
Hi All We was in the same boat as you last year with the PP, not knowing what we might be going to, just keep an open mind. ask all the 1st of July people to post as many photos as possable, the first poeple who was in the PP, 60 familes had themselves moved in 24hrs, i would take a copy of the FC brochure and if its not ready just be very consisitant that you will not put up with the condition of the hotel, but on the other hand you might have a fantastic time, also if you have spoke to Ross, do everything she tells you to do as we did last year, i would have trought FC would have learned their lesson with the Costa del sol HV and PP and PT last year and the year before, lets just hope eveything is up and running and you have a great time. :gluck
Hi Trudie, I really do understand where you are coming from, Whether it is the truth or not fc have promised me twice that it is all built and its just the finishing touches of the landscape to be finished. I feel we will only know for sure when the 1st July lot get back (think that's you janenmick) please inform us as soon as you get back.
Without the slides i agree will not be why we booked this holiday and claiming compensation after isn't good enough, I cant think of anything worse than 3 fed up kids! (even though mine still don't know). But lets stay positive :lol:
Hi The Wilson Family, we will get on the internet as soon as we get there to put all your minds at rest. It is normal practice to fill a hotel up with guests before they officially open to ensure everything is running ok and staff are up to scratch. That is why the Dutch are in, I would imagine they got it at a really good price. Anyway not anyone of us can be 100% sure until we are actually there so I think if you have any major doubts like Trudie then perhaps you should think about changing but we are sticking with it and hopefully going all the way.
Hi,

We are the Langton family traveling on 19/7/06. I have just phoned first choice and been assured that everything is ready and landscaping near completion. We were originally travelling on the 12/7/06 but complained to first choice about the price going down £1000 and not wanting to be a guinea pig. They have now moved us a week later, upgraded our rooms and given me back £1000. Not bad - just hope it's not cancelled. Anyone one else going on the 19/7/06. We are a family of 5. Twin daughters age 13 and a son age 10.
Hello everyone well everything still positive in here, good as im just gettin loads of overtime in at the moment so i have more spending money to but some malibu :lol: i will need this holiday by the time ive finished.

Foxy we fly from manchester on the 5th July at 7.30am you'll see us proping up the bar when you arrive :wink:

Sukaay go easy on the pictures are you staring your own locomotion :lol:

:D :) :o :lol: 8) :cry: :roll: :wink: :wave :ghug :sun

Ha Ha Bye
Hi Janenmick thanks for that. We are staying put, at the end of the day every holiday you get good and bad reviews and it is always a gamble. I think they have made too many mistakes to let it go wrong again.
Hi to the Langton family we are a family of 6 Two girls 12 and 14 and two boys 10 and nearly 2, we are traveling on the 19th aswell, what time is your flight. Nice to see some more going on the same date.
hi to everyone feeling positive once more i think same surely fc can't keep making more mistakes surely must be costing them a fortune in upgrades compensation etc . who else is going on 16 aug for two weeks ? our girls are so looking forward to this that they will complain more than us if all is not ok and the young reps won't know what hit them when my 2 get going sure same can be said for other families too no one can complain like kids can !!!! here's to happy holidays sun ,sea sand and completed hotel !!! happy slide days to all :D :!:
:wave Hi all you KABClubbers. i have got some news for you all.
Fc actually phoned us yesterday, can you beleive it?
they was phoning to reply to an e mail we sent them.
she is called adele an she told us that theKABC is way on schedule now and will be opening on the 1st. :D
she also said all the pools are done the buildings are done, the aqua park is done and all that is left to do is cosmetic and some landscaping.
she told us that we could change our holiday if we wanted to with no extra charge but she personally would not pull out as it will be a fantastic holiday. 8) well looks like all our waiting has paid off but we shall see when all of you going in july get back. :fly
bailey when are you going?
Hello fellow KABC members,
I am part of the tadalaja lot departing for the KABC on 19/7. This is my first posting although we have been constant viewers of the forum since it started last year after booking our holiday last May. We have been through the same high's and low's as you all; but tonight I must join in! I have been watching FC and Eclipse online booking for some weeks now, paying attention to the room allocations week by week from the 1/7 through to September. With the exception of a couple of months ago when they withdrew it for a while which was when our "alarm bells" first started ringing, it has been fully available. After watching HHS two weeks ago, spending all night searching for alternative holidays should we need to re-book (a party of 12 toghther), ringing FC the following morning and being advised the same as everyone else, I too have felt quite comfortable over the last week or so that we were going to all be ok, I am sorry to say tonight MY alarm bells are "ringing" again. I have just tried the usual procedure and I am unable to get any allocation, even via the booking code in the FC book. I called to make a reservation and have been advised by FC that it has been "taken off sale" as it is not completed yet. I informed him that it was available yesterday and he just advised that it was unavailable until further notice!!!!!! Now what are we to think?! Do they now know something we don't?????????????? Sorry people, but what do we do now? what are your thoughts??????. Has anyone further from the May/June people had cancellation notification from FC?????. Also, I missed the end of the Holiday Hit Squad tonight, was there any reference to KABC this week?

Time to re-pool our ideas :idea: and thoughts - I think! What say you :?:

Sorry to be such a pooper on my first visit - Carole
Yes buzz please feel free to join :lol:
So will it be doubles all round with all your overtime :lol:
Hi all, I just thought I would give it a go at booking. On late deals it was letting you book, there where plenty of rooms showing but no kids dens.
I made booking for 6 adults and 2 children 2double rooms and one suite
total cost was £5,398.80 less than what we all paid originally. It wouldn't let you change the flight times though. That was 8pm flight on the 5th July.

Hi ctaylor I managed to make this dummy booking this morning. :?
Hi Sukaay, please have another try and see what you find
Hi Wilson Family,

We are traveling from Manchester on the morning flight @ 7.15 on the 19/7. We live in Leicester but the flight from Birmingham was at a crap time (middle of night). Sounds like our kids are the right age to hang around together. I am praying that this place is open on time - but feeling more confident now i've switched dates!!!!!!!!!
I've read that this has been took off the market today, but that doesn't make any sense as we were only upgraded and compensated by customer services today - so what the hell is going on!
I just hope if they do cancel we are given more than two weeks notice - cos finding somewhere nice for 5 is a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope to meet with you soon - what aeroport are you traveling from?
Paula
Hi all,
Might just get me Knickers un-knotted yet, FC web site is down for essential maintenance so lets hang on in there :lol:

Carole
Hi Carole,

If FC have conned me today they'll be paying for my family to stay in a luxury hotel somewhere that costs at least £6K. After assuring both myself and our travel agents Thomsons that this place is finished apart from the landscaping on the phone today. I will be steaming mad if they were lying to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: I'm beginning to feel very unlucky. The last holiday we went on was Lanzagrotte, where we suffered sewage and ant infestation in our room. Ending with a court battle and us getting loads of money. I'm starting to get that sinking feeling again!!!!!!!!!!!! I did tell FC today that I would sue them if they sent me somewhere that wasn't ready - so they have had plenty of notice...........................We save our hard earned money and look forward to this all year - surely it should be a pleasant experience and not so flamin stressfull!!!!!!!!!!!
Paula
:oops:
Buzz hope you don't arrive for 7.30 flight... we will have left you behind :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.