Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Anyone out in May/June?
We go from 24th May - 7th June
Pat
:glynis
Oh, they're not staying at the Penina(or Meridien as it's now called)-just playing the course.I thought if they were staying there they must have some serious money !!
Hi

Sorry for jumping in. Had a wonderful time in Lagos in August and have just booked some really cheap flights from Liverpool for January. Just wondered if you had ever visited Lagos at this time of year. Realise it won't be warm and probably quiet but do you know if many bars and restaurants will be open.
Will just be myself and hubby, i'll be looking to relax, eat some nice food and he's quite happy to sit in a bar and have a chat. Do you think Lagos fits the bill.
We were there in January 2005;we had a couple of days where it was warm and sunny enough to lie out on loungers and we were able to walk about most days in shorts and t- shirts - only problem is that the locals look at you as if you've gone mad as they pass dressed in anoraks and scarves !! :lol:
The town was quiet but there were sufficient bars and restaurants open to give enough variety.It was a pleasant change not having to pre-book tables at restaurants.
We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, but,there again,there isn't any time of the year that we don't enjoy Lagos.Have a great time.
Hello! We are hoping to go away for Christmas this year and were considering the Algarve. We have been to Alvor, Vilamoura and Praia do Vau over the last few years but only in the Spring/Autumn. Can anyone tell us what the weather will be like for the end of Dec and whether anything is still open!! We have two young children (8 and 6) and would like to still do all the things kids enjoy!! We were thinking of HB in a hotel in Alvor. :D
Thanks Sagres.

Sounds great. Really enjoyed lagos and can't wait to return. Might get to see more this time as it was just too hot to do much walking during the day when we went in August.

April.
So ... if I want to meet all or some of you reprobates it looks as though we're going to have to be out there between 18th and 24th September next year. The Thomson flights from Bournemouth are coming out at £122 for the best deal but it's a couple of hours drive to get there. Gatwick's ideal and is usually the cheapest option - but this time it looks like it would cost between £229 (BA) and £297 (Thomson). What a difference! But of course then there's EasyJet - why oh why don't they release their flights as far ahead as everyone else? Decisions, decisions! :hmmm

Are you going to be able to come out late September, Jayjan?
Just thought I would say hello to every one as since we came back I have not been able to get on to the site.Have now found out that some how it was confusing me with Algarveaddick!!!
Anyway I am now back after a wonderful holiday,next time will be February when we are taking our daughter and son in law ,son and daughter in law, 2 grandchildren and my 84 yr old Mother to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.To get over that holiday we are going again in May and October !
Hi
My family are going over to the algarve in feb 2007 to celebrate there 40th wedding anniversary isnt that strange that 2 different familes are going to portugal to celebrate the same thing...
My mum in law is taking us all over we have around 20 people coming with us to celebrate it... we are all going to albuferia and i think we are going to be having our private do in annabells bar just up the road from oura praia hotel.. i dont know if people know where it is but we have been before and we love the food from there..
well just thought i would update this chat hope people dont mind..
Hi Julie, never been in Annabells but past it many times, have heard its quite a nice restaurant, may try it next week for a change while we are out there. We fly out tomorrow afternoon. Roseweb when are you and your hubby out on the algarve again? Im not back after this weeks trip until last week in January & then maybe sometime mid May & Sept.Cheers Jayjan
Jayjan, we're out end November/early December, then probably late February or late March, and then June. And as Sagres, Mad Mick, Pat42 and Lummie are going to be out late September, we'll definitely come out then in the hope of seeing them. Will you be out there around the second half of September?

Have a great trip this time, and make sure you do the hard work of sipping the vinho by the pool while hubbie relaxes with the pAint pot!
Roseweb,
Have you already been at the Monte Velho this morning as you have posted in double .......or is it me who is seeing double....... :rofl :rofl

Mad Mick tried to organise our meet up this September but as we were all over the place from Lagos to Cabanas, it was impossible to suit everyone. It might be easier for those who are in the Lagos area to meet....still, one can live in hope!!!!!!
Pat
:glynis
Hi Julie 2201
Obviously your Mum and Dad in Law have got very good taste.We will be in Praia do Vau which is our fav bit of the Algarve we thought we had it sorted where we would have our anniversary meal but when we went this time we found that the owner of the restaurant had done a moonlight flit so have got to think again.But as long as the weather is kind to us I am sure we will all have a good time.
Pat42,
I have been on the old vinho tinto this morning! Made a massive Coronation Chicken, been doing it since 7 a.m. including cooking the chicken, just put it in the dish ..... and realised I'd forgotten to put the whipping cream in!!!!!! :rage

Hope we can all meet up in September. If not, we're mobile and we want to see Cabanas so we might pop over and see you anyway.

MODS/ADMIN - This double posting happened to me on another forum recently ..... and I didn't do anything wrong, honestly! Also I had to log in just now, and it's normally automatic. Don't think it's the early morning tipple!

Right - I'm just about to press Submit ONCE.
Pat 42,
Pat 42,

I'm seeing double as well !!!
I'm seeing double as well !!!

:rofl
:rofl
Roseweb,
What's with the MASSIVE coronation chicken..........are you inviting all of us to your place just in case we can't meet in September???? :lol:
If so, all I can say is get the vinho tinto out to breathe and I'm sure Sagres would just LOVE a nice, cold caneca of Sagres(or 2)!!!!!!

I'll remind you later on that you said you'd love to visit Cabby!!!!
Pat

:rofl :glynis :rofl
P.S. I had to do the sign on thing too a couple of times although it's usually automatic for me.
Double post removed - don't worry about it. :lol:
The party's at my daughter's house, Pat42, otherwise of course I'd invite you all! Combined housewarming and 1st birthday party for our little granddaughter. :love2

We went to Cabby once when we were looking for a place to buy. I think it was the Golden Clube, and they wouldn't take us over to the beach because they said it was too late! I don't think we saw any of the places you mention, just some old disused warehouses, so we definitely need to see the best that Cabby has to offer. We keep meaning to go to Tavira too, so we'll combine the two.
I would try again next September to organise something. but its a logistical nightmare. I think the easiest would be to organise a booze up at Floyds Bar. I'm sure they can make us welcome, and the toasted sarnies are luvely. We are also mobile so if anyone else wants to pick up the cudgel, be my guest. That's the best i can do, but I'm open to offers. :) And before you get excited Sagres, that's women only. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.