Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
This is a question for sagres as he is the local expert on Lagos cuisine.We are going with all the family in February and would like to take them on the train to Lagos and for a nice meal out at lunchtime.When hubby and I go we usually dine at Don Sebastios or Reis.But can you think of anywhere better for us bearing in mind we have an age range of 2 to 84.The 2 year old is no problem he will eat anything it is the 84 year old who is fussy (plain food ,small portions!)Thank you in anticipation.
'Fraid I'm really not the one to help here, as we tend to eat mostly in Portuguese-owned restaurants and don't tend to go for plain food.The restaurants we patronise certainly don't do small portions either !! Sorry I can't help but,if anything new has opened since early October when we left,I'll try to remember to check out the menus in a couple of weeks time and will let you know when we get back if there's anything that fits the bill.
Thanks Sagres ,although don't get me wrong we do not want a restaurant that only does british style food or we will have a revolt from the others just somewhere that is obliging and will do something small and plain for my mother!
Yet another week passes by on the chat thread without a single post !! It's no wonder I get through so much Vinho Tinto !! :lol: :lol:
Hi Sagres, Same here, have already opened a case of wine i bought for Christmas. Hubby over in Portugal at the moment he said its been really cold at night, rained up until Saturday but now the sun is shining so hopefully he can get his outside painting job done.According to the Observer paper Portugal has recorded more rain in this last 3 months than they have ever had just hope its the last we see until next winter.
Anyway enjoy your hols this weekend and dont drink too much vinho, suppose you'll be practising for Christmas though. Cheers Jayjan
rained up until Saturday but now the sun is shining

Guess who came home on Saturday?!! Still, we did have quite a few good days. Managed to play golf twice and did a few walks.

Now we're waiting for EasyJet to release their Gatwick-Faro flights for next Summer. Why is Gatwick always one of the last? :sulk
I spoke too soon! EasyJet flights from Gatwick to Faro just released, so we've been busy this morning.
Hi jayjan,
I've just been checking the weather on wunderground and it's forecast to be dry and sunny 'til Sunday at least.We've got a room with a balcony overlooking the Marina,so it'll be nice if we get a chance to sit out there without getting soaked !
As for the tinto,I had decided not to drink at all next week but Roseweb has recommended a new wine she found last week and wants my opinion;I suppose I'll have to try it - after all,what are friends for ?? :lol:
You're such a little sweetie, Sagres! :kiss
Hi all

All happy :D :D Just been on and booked 4 flights with easyjet for next July. Gatwick to Faro, dithered too much to get the Stansted ones :roll:
Must admit I have got reservations about travelling with them, but hubby says we can put up with anything for 2.5 hours LOL and after all we will be in the lovely Algarve for a fortnight at the end of it all.
(Provided they don't detour us somewhere else and we actually get off the ground!LOL)

I need some encouragement from all you easyjet users, and want to hear that you have had hundreds of perfect flights with them.

When are you off Sagres, is it next week? Have a brilliant holiday you lucky person, much vino tinto to be consumed I would imagine.

Doe :D
Haven't used them personally, but friends who use them regularly say that,with the exception of the free-for-all on boarding,they're o.k.
They do a "priority boarding" for an extra charge apparently but,as they usually use remote boarding areas at airports to keep costs down and therefore bus you to the aircraft or let you walk,the extra charge can often be a waste of money as it still becomes a free-for-all when the bus stops.Still,what you will save on the flights will pay for a few nights' meals when you get there !!
We're off on Saturday for a week;I wouldn't normally indulge but,if you check a little earlier in this thread,you'll see that I'm forcing it down this time as a favour to a friend - that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :glynis :rofl
I saw the priority boarding thingy on their web-site and did consider it, have to say I travelled to Prague with them a few years back (took about 1.5hours) and it was probably the most uncomfy flight i've ever been on. :shock: I normally only travel on the likes of Thomsonfly and FC as well so it's not like I go about in style, but hey more spends when we get there. :wink:

Need to get on to the accommodation web-sites now.

Have a brilliant holiday, it's nice to know you are willing to suffer for your friends. :glynis :rofl
We've used EasyJet lots of times and (gulp!! fingers crossed!!! touch wood!!!!) have never had a problem. In fact when we came back last Saturday, we both thought there was more legroom than usual - maybe we shrank in the rain on the golf course! :lol:
We thought briefly about the priority boarding but came to exactly the same conclusion as you, Sagres. Don't know whether they're going to call those exclusive flyers up first (pushing the babies and elderly people in wheelchairs out of the way without a second thought) and board them on a gold plated bus for a private transfer to the plane? I doubt it very much.

Good luck with the accommodation search, Doe. :gluck
Just seen in the Algarve Resident that Sagres may be one of the seven wonders of Portugal .Do they mean the place , the beer or as I think they probably do the person!!!!!!!!!!!
I've just this minute voted for myself !!! :rofl
Yeh I think hes one of the seven Ancient wonders. :bow
Note to Moderator:
Do I really have to put up with this sort of abuse ?? :rofl
Thats what friends are for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rofl :glynis :rofl
may i remind the members of this forum

this is an experimental thread for general holiday chat. Not enquiries already covered.. or off topic threads..I will be watching carefully so bearing in mind the general terms and conditions.. have a bit of lighthearted fun

wizard

Sagres if the cap fits and all that....

and a Merry christmass to you all

Brian (wizard ht mod)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.