Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
A Veneza certainly hasn't changed hands in the past 5 years as we stayed at Edouard's apartment five years ago.
Just one tip - try not to go when Benfica are playing on the t.v. as Edouard and one of his sous chefs and a waiter take it in turns to run down to the Acores bar and check on the score ! (If you see him to speak to,please don't tell him I told you that !! :wink: -they sneak out of a side door to the kitchens and think no-one knows !)
Glad you enjoyed the photos - the town was absolutely breathtaking in its Christmas lights.
Happy New year one and all. :glynis
Cheers,Perry, and the same to you and yours (especially your team. :) )
Cheers mate, if it was not for bad luck we would have no luclk at all... :lol:
.......been there,got the t-shirt (as you well know !!!) :lol: :lol:
Another week goes by without a single post on the "chat" thread.
Is there anybody out there ?????
Hi Sagres :D :D

I'm still out here busy dithering between which apartments to book and further confusing myself and my family by considering doing a twin centre. Perhaps Albuferia which I have never been to or vilamoura which I have, for the first week, and Lagos for the second. My view being that my 14 year old may like the buzz of the first two, although I would want to be near the old town if I went to Albuferia I think. :?

This as you can imagine involves spending lots of time on accommodation only websites (all of which gives slightly different prices and booking options :roll: ) and dipping into HT and similar for inspiration in between. :wink:

Doe :D
If you've booked no-frills flights out,doe,it may be that your airline has accommodation deals, especially for Albufeira as that's where most of the Algarve's rooms are situated;it's got to be worth a look !!
If you end up going to Albufeira,make sure you pop into Floyd's bar to meet Perry (Algarve Addick from this forum.)
There you go, - just popped in for a chat and I end up giving advice again - there's no peace for some of us !! :lol:
Yes I've booked Easy-Jet. :shock: Managed to do it the day they released their Gatwick flights (probably due to spending too much time on the internet). I have never DIYed before, and I think the flexibility of it all is going to my head, hence the sudden idea that I could do 2 centres if I wanted, which has never really been an option before with a package.

All advice is greatly appreciated, whichever thread it comes via. Doe :D
Hi Doe

Have you tried Freedom direct CLICK HERE

they have self catering apartments plus other arrangements(b&b etc).

I too have been surfing about other sites,but find they have the best prices.

Basil.
I'm still here as well and looking forward to going back to Lagos in June (must really try another resort :lol: )

We always get a car and have a snoop about but so far I prefer Lagos, but to be fair we don't stay in the other resorts long enough really to give them a fair try. Maybe this time when there's just my husband and myself. :wink:

Mind you, as we seem to always stay over the bridge near the marina we'd probably find it totally different if we stayed near the beaches past the harbour??
Third visit in two years,Glynis ??-I told you you'd get hooked,didn't I ? :)
We always try to see somewhere new on the Algarve every time we go, and have found some nice places, but nothing to tempt us away from Lagos.Mind you, we've been going there so long now that we have made lots of friends there and it really is a home - from - home for us.
If you're talking about the Meia Praia area(that's the very long beach which stretches as far as Alvor) when you say"past the harbour",you'll find that it has an ex-pat feel to it-there aren't many locals along there and it's mostly foreigners - a lot of Dutch and Brits including Tim Brooke-Taylor(from the Goodies)-who own property in that area.
Praia da Luz - the next resort to the west of Lagos is also a British settlement.Parque da Floresta,near Budens has quite a few ex-footballers owning property there including Ian Rush and David Seaman(you see him quite often in Lagos).In fact,come to think of it,I'm the only poor person I know in Lagos !!! :rofl
P.S. If there's just the two of you going in June and you'd like directions to Amoreiras beach,just shout.
We drove up round there one day Sagres. Right at the end of the High St then past the little beach, then you sort of go up hill a bit? There's a couple of little beaches up there....is it Dona Anna or something?
No Glynis,Amoreiras is near to Aljezur(remember ?-it's the one I sent you a link for,with all the wild flowers on the bank).It's a 40 minute drive from Lagos but well worth it,in my opinion.
No Sagres :lol: I'm on about the other end of Lagos in my post :rofl
Have we both been drinking again :rofl
:lol: hello glynis, seems like you are similar to my wife & i... returning to lagos!! it will be 3 times in 4 years for us...same apartment each time. we are over there on 7th.june for 2 weeks..cant wait. we met a couple who had stayed at the marina apts every may & sept. for about 15 years. we have a car for 1 week, dont enjoy the walk up the hill back from the beach. from barry in suffolk.
The other end of town,past the Bombeiros(fire station),is the residential area of Lagos,although tourist accommodation has crept in there.Most of the stuff near Dona Ana beach is non-Portuguese houses and they are also developing the Porto da Mos area(you can see what they're doing on the Vivenda Miranda webcam I sent you the link for.)
As for the drinking,I'm not the one with a " :glynis " after my name. :rofl
:) sorry, good afternoon sagres,hope you are well.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.