Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I was hoping to use Air Scotland to fly to Malaga in March, £30-40 cheaper than the other no frills airlines.

But ! ..... having read through the posts and reports elsewhere, I really don't know if it is worth the risk. :cry:
I think it might be worthwhile waiting for another year to see if they get things sorted out and perhaps improve on the following articles.

Daily Record

http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/53930.html

I wish them every success for the future and hope someday to have the confidence to travel with them, but for now it's back to the old favourites. :wink:
HYaving past thru' Glasgow airport a number of times late december and early January - I noted the Aior Scotland B757 sitting rather alone out in Stand 9. Is it still flying?

Nivsy
They appear to be and their site is constantly updated. they are offering day trips too at the moment.
hi traveling to palma in june with air scotland. has anyone traveled with them before. how was the experience. any coments grateful

EDIT: Merged with existing 5 page topic, which hopefully may provide some useful info
David HT Mod
Hi there

WE used Air Scotland to go to Alicante last year flying from Glasgow and returning into Edinburgh, all I can say is that they were excellant in our experience and I would certainly use them again.

Debbie
thanx for that debbie as traveling with a 2 yr old don't fancy to much delays. feel a bit more positive now.
My sister travelled with them last week to Malaga . She was well impressed and said there was more leg room on Air Scotland than what was on the First Choice return flight.
  • Edited by Jade 2006-04-23 08:59:36
thanx for that jade. after reading all the bad reports on here i was starting to get worried.
Any further news of this carrier getting there hands on Airbus 320 aircraft for the summer? All my contacts have come up with nothing.

Nivsy
Apparently the 757 is off to Jet2 and they are getting 2 A320s before the start of summer. Apparently they will eventually be based in Girona and drop the Air-Scotland name.
hi nivsy. spoke to air scotland to ask which aircraft we would be flying on and they said on the 22 of june it would be the airbus 320. so the rumours must be true.
Bank Holiday Weekend passengers suffer delays of up to 33 hours .... click here for more.

David :wave
Hi folks
anyone any experience [good or bad ] with these ?
Cheers Chris

EDIT: Merged with existing Air Scotland thread, which may provide some useful info.
David HT Mod
Does this airline still exist I used to use them but their website is dead at the moment there was always a little bit of exitement using them as you never knew if they would turn up anybody else had the same problems :lol: :D
I'm sure I read some where that their aircraft got impounded at Glasgow and that they ceased trading.
http://www.answers.com/topic/air-scotland

This link has more info and if you scroll down to where it says "External Links", it will tell you site now no longer accepts bookings.
:shrug
The aircraft is sat at Glasgow with a snow plow blocking it in. Although snow plows are good at plowing snow, they are also very effective at impounding aircraft!

The website is no longer working either. Haven't seen any pres release or anything, but I think its fair to say the fat lady may well be taking a deep breath ready to sing, if she hasn't done so already.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.