Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Re: Protaras
53 Posts
Hi and welcome to HT!

We have reviews of this hotel HERE if you haven't already seen them.

luci :wave
Hi D,

Larnaca airport is 30/40 mins away by car dependant on how fast you drive! If you are coming via a Tour Operator coach transfer it will take longer and will depend on which other hotels that your coach drops off to!
Not sur abaout the accom, haven't heard any complaints! A month agowhen I was in Pernera they were doing some sort of refurb so things can only be better!!!!!

Cheers
Hi There

Thanks for the update - the reviews seem to be quite mixed with this hotel - I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

thanks again
I'm going over again on Monday, so I'll have a look if you like!!!!!!!!!
Papantonia is near to the beach, has a good pool, bar right on the side of the pool area and there are toilets and changing facilities just off so you don't need to trail into the hotel etc (they also have a comedy toilet door ! well it made me laugh)

Steve
FAO Nemo3
Did you manage to take another look at the Papantonia on Monday, has it had a refurb.
Cheers

Jon
Assuming Nemo3 went for a week then he won't be back in the UK until tomorrow.

Sorry Luci, I just presumed he/she was based over there.
:wave: Hi, thought I would post my little bit about this as like others on this page have been going to Protaras/Pernera for years too and got married their about 4 years ago. Papantonia is close to the beach, supermarket, bar and restaurant and if you feel like staying close to home in the evening you have everything around you. The Station Bar, owned by Costa and Maria have entertainment on every evening and is reasonably priced. Mouchel's restaurant next door is also a lovely place to eat, Adamos who owns it loves to mingle with the customers and enjoys it if you enjoy his food especially if you love the cypriot food. Alot of the produce is grown behind the restaurant by his father in law in the rich cypriot soil, couldnt get fresher if you tried. Reasonable price too. You can walk or take a short taxi ride into Protaras High Street, this is very much geared to british tourists but it does for one night out, the prices can fluctuate alot between bars. Further up into Pernera it is a lot smaller and not too over populated with bars and restaurants.

There are some lovely spots to visit too so it is useful to hire a car for a couple of days, Derynia is beautiful and there is the view point at Famugusta. If you get the chance book the coach trip over to the northern side of Cyprus it is an eye opener, long day out but well worth it. :yikes Enjoy your holiday I am going green with envy just thinking about it.
I think a must for protaras is a visit to the little church on the hill. Its a bit of a climb but well worth it. The views are outstanding but more than this it has a "feeling" about the place which will touch the hearts of anyone who has lost someone close to them. I won't go into too many details to spoil it for anyone who hasn't been but it is worth a trip..........
Hi Jon,

Thought my ears were burning!!! The Pap hasn't re opened as yet, I have asked and have been told around 17th, so as I'm still here I will have a look and report back!

Cheers
Hi,

We are a family of 4 ( kids aged 10 & 2yrs). And cant wait to get to the Rising Star apartments in Protaras in just over 3 weeks !!!
Just looking for some Advice if anyone has been there latley.

Firstly can you get cows milk in the local supermarkets? as my daughter is used to this back home.

We are also thinking of taking £1500GBP But not sure if this will be enough. We will just be chilling out most days and just eat breakfast/lunch in the apartments. We will eat out most nights and have a few drinks and will probably hire a car for 2 days and go to the waterpark just to break things up a bit.Just not sure if this will be enough with the new euro???

Is it better to exchange your money here in the uk or would you get a better rate in protaras?

What is the average cost of dinner plus a few drinks for a family of 4 bearing in mind my daughter is only 2 yrs?

Does anyone recommend a good car hire company & what is the average cost for a medium car for 2 days?

And last but not least What will the weather be like in mid may 2008?

I know im asking alot but weve not been any hols for a couple of years, and any advice at all on protaras would be most appreciated.

Many thanks
Ian
merged with current thread, som of you answers are proberbly already here

yasoo
wizard
Hi Ian and welcome to HT!

You will find many answers to your questions by using the Search facility at the top of the page. There is also a sticky topic at the top of the forum on car hire with recommendations from members.

We hired a car fron Thsilivi travel on the main strip last year, everything was covered with no access, we had a yaris with aircon, it was roughly 90GBP for 3 days. If you go to the supermarket in Paralimini near the church the prices are a lot less that the tourist areas. I think you will just about have enough with what you are taking, but take a visa card just in case. Ayia Napa is the best waterpark. Any more info just ask
Thanks for the updates guys,

Jon

only 58 sleeps btw :sun2
my tips for the waterpark(aiya napa) are try going on a sunday or a wednesday as these are transfer days and less busy, also try going in the second week of your holiday so you will have a base tan and not as likely to burn as when you're in and out of the water the sun really hits you hard. :)
Hi Ian,

We are also going to The Rising Star for the first time soon but I think we will probably miss you, we arrive on 21st May. We are a family of 4 with two kids aged 12 & 16. I would appreciate it if you could let us know anything you find out which you think might be of use to us. If you are still there when we get there perhaps we could have a drink in the bar!

We would be interested in the usual things such as good bars with entertainment, good restaurants, which are the best rooms, is there a sunbed stampeed in the mornings, is there internet access at the hotel, how much the local beer & ouzo is etc etc.

Also if anyine has a map or link to a map showing the location of the hotel in the resort that would be good.

Thanks

Dawn & Co.
Hi Dawn and welcome to HT!

Check out our Maps sticky topic HERE to see if there is one listed which shows the hotels.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.