Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I read about this a couple of weeks ago, but strangely I can't find the check in fee list in their table of fees.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/table-of-fees

luci :wave
It seems only to appear when you book on line, just before you commit your credit card to their account!
and another recent change is that previously if you booked a return flight to the UK, say to Spain, the outbound and return fare was of course in GBP.

However, if you booked the outbound and return flights separately the return was quoted in Euros but it used to be the SAME amount as that quoted in GBP ie 50 GBP for the return flight if booked as part of a round trip but also 50 Euros for the same flight if booked as a single flight back to the UK.

As the exchange rate has been reasonably favourable in recent months the 50euro return flight cost less than 50GBP, hence saving money. A saving even using/taking the Ryanair online booking exchange rate. Doing this the downside of course is that you have to input API for both flights.

This financial benefit to the customer has now been closed.

Chris

update 24 Dec 2010 . Having previossuly posted this I have now looked at booking some flights in 2011 starting from Spain
and some of them have the same value regardless of them being in GBP or Euros. So some of the benefit is still there !
  • Edited by TFS1 2010-12-24 12:12:59
going to book flight for july 2nd to rimini, going diy this year

With regards my suit case allowance 15kg/20kg, dont know yet what I am taking in july, plus money very tight, just got enough to pay for one way flight flight, can I add my luggage allowance at later date, say June

Looking at other return options to the uk, even considering train, as I have 3-4 weeks of on holiday, other flight option might include another airport, bologna - edinburgh
joeseptuk,

You can add luggage at any time up to checking-in.

Darren
You can do online check in of baggage up to four hours before flight departure time.

Judith
if money's tight don't even think about trains - unfortunately there is no proper marketing of UK-Italy travel so it will probably cost as much as flying with a full service airline.
steve8482 wrote:
if money's tight don't even think about trains - unfortunately there is no proper marketing of UK-Italy travel so it will probably cost as much as flying with a full service airline.

Money just tight for me now, but when it comes to my holiday, there will have been money saved, and more likely if going hoe by train, I would get a euro pass for 3 daYS
What sort of pass? You live in the UK so you can't get an Interrail pass that covers the UK (they are never sold for home countries) and they aren't valid on Eurostar, although they may do a cheaper fare if you've got one. So on top of the pass you'd need a Eurostar ticket from Paris to London (about £50) and then a UK ticket from London to home (maybe £25 if you get in at 12 weeks in advance but much more if you're slow).
Hi joeseptuk/steve8482 ... perhaps any further non-Ryanair discussion could be continued in the most appropriate forum.

Many thanks
David :wave
Hi, Im due to fly out to Gran Canaria tomorrow morning from Luton. Looking at the forecast of yet more snow this doesnt look too likely. If Ryan air cancel the flight out and we get a refund will they also refund us our return flight cost also as we wouldnt be coming back if we cant get there? Hubby thinks that we would only be refunded for the cancelled flight.....any advice please?
Thanks
If it's a return booking (ie both legs on the same email/ booking reference number) and you don't travel they should refund everything. BUT they don't simply cancel a flight and send you the refund, you have to choose between rebooking later or refund and follow the instructions on the website. Technically, if they cancel and you do rebook to a later flight they are responsible for looking after you if you are stuck away from home but don't build your hopes up!!

----------------------------------------------------

David

I was thinking about a seperate thread myself but suspect that would come back to Ryanair!
Thanks for the advice...I thought they would refund all of it as surely its common sence that if we cant get there then we wouldnt come back but this is Ryanair after all and any way to make some money! Well Im not getting my hopes up and if we cant go I better go and get a turkey and have xmas at home instead :cry
David HT Mod wrote:
Hi joeseptuk/steve8482 ... perhaps any further non-Ryanair discussion could be continued in the most appropriate forum.

Many thanks
David :wave

Hi david

Was never my intention to go of topic, my main flight is to rimini with Ryanair, returning not yet decided on, and with 3-4 weeks holiday avaiable might take in the country side
Following on from Mickys question there is an issue that applies to Joe. If the out and return flights were booked seperately, so there were two emails, two booking reference numbers and two card transactions then technically you have two contracts. If the outward flight was cancelled in that case there is no automatic right to a refund for the return. They would argue it's a seperate contract and you have pulled out, you would counter argue you've only pulled out because of their breach of contract for failing to fulfil the earlier one. Common sense could be overuled by business sense. Which is why it's vital to make sure your insurance covers this sort of thing if the cost of the return flight is more than an insurance excess.
steve8482 wrote:
Following on from Mickys question there is an issue that applies to Joe. If the out and return flights were booked seperately, so there were two emails, two booking reference numbers and two card transactions then technically you have two contracts. If the outward flight was cancelled in that case there is no automatic right to a refund for the return. They would argue it's a seperate contract and you have pulled out, you would counter argue you've only pulled out because of their breach of contract for failing to fulfil the earlier one. Common sense could be overuled by business sense. Which is why it's vital to make sure your insurance covers this sort of thing if the cost of the return flight is more than an insurance excess.

That something I have considered, probably will be booking 2 seperate flights, as my return flight I would like to arrive in the uk in the afternoon, meaning I can get uk fllight to glasgow, or get the train

The return flight from rimini to stansted gets in about 11pm, so considering this looking at other options, like getting train to bologna, and fly to edinburgh, and from there easy enough to get home

As for flight getting canceled, can someone tell me how often dose this happen in the summer, if the flight was cancelled I would just wait
I was going to book my flights today to rimini, but now there are none showing, anyone have any idea what is up
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.