Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Long involved story concerning son's flight from majorca to stansted in oct.2010. He'd spent two weeks in hospital and thinks he left his keys on board in overhead locker(they were in side pocket of rucksack) anyone any idea who to contact at ryanair.? I know its a couple of months ago but he's clutching at straws as he's had no replies from majorca (another possibilty) and he's hoping they are with ryanair lost property. They include the only ignition key for his car and he's using ours!!!!!!!!
many thanks
fraggle aka majorcagirl.
fraggle61,

I would contact the airport first. Lost property is generally handed in to them or their handling agents rather than kept with the airline.

Darren
hi there does anyone know when ryan air flights will be on sale for flying to lanzarote next christmas please thanks
Possible not for another six months, some of the summer flights have only just been released for sale.
Hi all
My sister and I are travelling on Ryanair next month, and for the first time using the check-in on line and using the drop luggage facility at the airport. How well does it work, are the queues long? Have read on various sites it can quick or a complete nightmare. Someone mentioned that they missed their flight whilst waiting in line. Some complained it was just like checking in the normal way with long queues. We are flying from Birmingham, what's the drop off like here? Have always used the normal check in procedures with package holiday. Any warning or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dawnie-Rob :wave
The queue will depend on how many people are doing the same thing as you, just as it does with normal checking in queues.
How easy is it to change flights with rynair

They have now put on flights to rimini, and on the day I want, but because of work, and holidays had to be in to make sure I got these dates, I booked my flights London - Ancona, after they withdrew the rimini flights

Now idealy I want to change my flights to Liverpool- rimini, but for them to change the flights they seem to be taking the mickey

Changing flight to Liverpool to Rimini

Regular Fare £49.99..+ Return £34.99, booking this flight new flight £22.99+£22.99
Taxes £34.81...+Return £21.02, as new flight taxes are the same
Change flight £50
Plus fees, £10+£12

Willing to pay the 2 x £25 flight change, but the out bound flight is £20 dearer, return flight is £10 dearer

Paid £104 for original flights, new flight if I book them as new flights £113, so I would expect to pay a further £60 ish, not £108 on top of what I have paid, might as well just book new flights
might as well just book new flights

And that's the rub. With Ryanair, it's not financially worth making changes, just writing off the old tickets and buying new.
Alsacienne wrote:
might as well just book new flights

And that's the rub. With Ryanair, it's not financially worth making changes, just writing off the old tickets and buying new.

Thats what I will probably do

Is there anything wrong with me check-in online, but not turning up, as I probably have no intention making this flight, but dont want my seat resold
Is there anything wrong with me check-in online, but not turning up, as I probably have no intention making this flight, but dont want my seat resold

In 999 cases out of 1000 probably not, but there will always sadly be an exception when someone desperately needs a seat - family emergency for example - and as far as I know Ryanair does not operate a standby system for others to take the place of no-shows .... but I could be wrong.
joeseptuk wrote:

Why wouldn't you want the seat resold if you aren't going to use it? Look at it from a flight despatch perspective. They will see on the system the number of passengers that have checked-in, and that there is still someone to come. The flight manifest will have you on there as well. This could potentially delay a flight as several calls are made to try and trace you in the airport. Ryanair won't delay a flight because of it, but it can easily lead to a delay for all the passengers on the flight, and knock on to subsequent flights. My advice would be if you do not intend to take a flight, don't check-in. How would you feel if you found out a flight you were on was delay for that reason? Plus the very good reason Alsacienne gave above, you might need that seat on a flight one day.

Darren

Why don't you want your seat to be resold?
Sunaddict wrote:

Why don't you want your seat to be resold?

It seems it would be cheaper for me to buy the new flights, so that leaves a flight which I have paid for, with no chance of a refund

So basicly I have paid for a flight, which I wont be using
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
joeseptuk wrote:

Why wouldn't you want the seat resold if you aren't going to use it? Look at it from a flight despatch perspective. They will see on the system the number of passengers that have checked-in, and that there is still someone to come. The flight manifest will have you on there as well. This could potentially delay a flight as several calls are made to try and trace you in the airport. Ryanair won't delay a flight because of it, but it can easily lead to a delay for all the passengers on the flight, and knock on to subsequent flights. My advice would be if you do not intend to take a flight, don't check-in. How would you feel if you found out a flight you were on was delay for that reason? Plus the very good reason Alsacienne gave above, you might need that seat on a flight one day.

Darren

It would never be my intention to delay a flight, but if I change my flight, those seat will go back on sale, I have no problem with that, but changing my flight is the same price as a new flight

With rynair saying it £25 each way to change a flight there figures dont add up, so I might aswell book a new flight
I understand that you are annoyed at the charges involved. If their figures don't stack up have you asked them to clarify them?
If you want these new flights and are prepared to pay for them, wouldn't it be cheaper to re-book and cancel your original flights? That way you could at least reclaim the tax on them? I refuse to use Ryanair on principle (long story and not relevant to your situation) so I don't know if they would try and charge you an admin fee for refunding the tax but they can't legally hold on to it because that only becomes payable to the Government if you actually use the tickets.

I can understand why you are miffed that Ryanair make it not worth passengers' time and effort to try and change their flights and are thinking 'S-d it, if I can't use them they aren't going to make even more money on these seats by re-selling them' but that's actually a big part of their business plan. Their pricing structure is designed to encourage you to only take hand luggage and charge you a fee for absolutely everything else that it costs them to provide, for example, a check-in desk and staff and hence why they charge you more to check-in at the airport instead of on-line where you even have to cover the cost of printing out the boarding card yourself!) and why you'll pay more at the airport to check-in baggage than if you pay up at the time of booking. They really are a 'no frills' airline and you'll always end up paying through the nose for anything other than walking on to the flight you originally booked with nothing more than hand baggage that complies exactly with their rules.

SM
SMa wrote:
If you want these new flights and are prepared to pay for them, wouldn't it be cheaper to re-book and cancel your original flights? That way you could at least reclaim the tax on them? I refuse to use Ryanair on principle (long story and not relevant to your situation) so I don't know if they would try and charge you an admin fee for refunding the tax but they can't legally hold on to it because that only becomes payable to the Government if you actually use the tickets.

Had thought about doing that, but to refund of any government taxes paid, refunds are subject to an administration fee of £17/€20
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.