Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Helenllama wrote:
Hmm. Have concerns for people who genuinely believe they have a boarding pass and get to security to find it's not working after the Ryanair statement.

That would be my concern, arrive at airport with boarding card, go to boarding gate, it dosnt scan, you now have to buy one for £40

I have checked with the police on this matter, and as far as they are concern, if I have to buy a new boarding pass for £40, but a lawyer friend did suggest you could take them to the dublin courts, and for 15 euros have your case heard

There is a good chance you would get your money back, as ryanair dont like going to court in dublin, they try to avoid the case going to court by settling before
I am just looking for flights with Ryanair to Girona in August. I have checked Birmingham, East Midlands, Luton, Liverpool and all are so much more expensive than last year, looking at £60 person per sector. Its gonna work out about £250 more, seriously thinking about driving now, it is a pain but it will be cheaper. (I have to take bags as well)

It seems like the days of cheap flights are gone even with Ryanair now. If only some other airline flew to Girona it would force the prices down (and I know Thomson do but they are over £300 return each)
hi S/O/H.....I read somewhere that they are pulling out of Gerona in favour of Barcelona...dont know how true it is....maybe why more expensive this year....tweetie
Hi all
I was a bit surprised when I recently read on another forum that you cannot print the return boarding passes at the same time as your outgoing ones is this true? This person who wrote on the forum said that they had to find somewhere on holiday, like a hotel or internet cafe to print them. My sister and I go away next month, do you have to go through all this trouble? We are only going for a week.

Dawnie-Rob
Hi Dawnie-Rob ... online check in is available 15 days before departure, so you should be able to print both boarding passes before you go. Anyone away for more than a fortnight may have to do online check in for the homeward flight from their holiday destination.

David :wave
Hi David
Thank you very much for the help. Thats sound better, not used this on line check in service so a bit nervous about things going wrong.

Thanks again
Dawn
hi dawn .....know just how you feel.....I was the same....I was a real pain in the but on here the first time I had to do it...I was a nervous wreck by the time Id got my act together....everything worked fine in the end.....think we are all a bit nervous doing this kind of stuff , first time....
online check in is available 15 days before departure
:think We flew with Ryanair a couple of months ago and we were away for 16 nights so I thought I would have to find somewhere on holiday to print off the check in details for the return flight, however when I went to print the outward check in details 4 days before departure I was also able to print the return one as well, which was almost 3 weeks before that departure date.

All very easy :tup
Hi all
Thanks for the support. :kiss It makes me feel better knowing that I am not the only nervous wreck regarding these things!!

Dawn :wave
Ryanair returns to Manchester

Ryanair has launched four new routes from Manchester to Alicante, Faro, Madrid and Tenerife today, a little more than a year after axing nine routes from the UK's fourth biggest airport.

The airline dropped all but its flights to Dublin from Manchester in October 2009 after the airport refused to reduce its landing fees. It pulled flights to continental Europe and to Shannon in the west of Ireland.

Today's u-turn will safeguard 600 jobs in the Manchester area, according to Ryanair, which expects to carry 600,000 passengers from the airport this year.

It has also increased frequencies on its Manchester to Dublin service from four daily flights to six flights daily and it is launching a new twice weekly flight from Humberside to Alicante, starting on April 12.

All the new flights go on sale tomorrow (Thursday, January 27).

With permission from Travelmole
I am looking at booking flights from EMA to Alicante in August 2011.

Really should have booked them as soon as they came out, but in the past, the prices seem to have risen then dropped again., This doesn't seem to be happening this year!!!! Should I book now or hang fire and wait and see whether they do drop and does anyone out there know whether this always happens or was last year a one off? Any advice greatly appreciated!

Best Regards

Elaine
ELAINE 1963,

I would keep checking the prices and once they are at a level that you are happy to pay, book them. The trick is not to look again afterwards! You will generally get the cheapest fares by booking early but this is subject to to demand / supply.

Darren
I booked some flights for my daughter, hubby and 2 kids this morning on the recently announced Manchester to Tenerife flights, for the October halfterm. I paid £ 570, the same flights would now cost £810, what a difference a few hours make !!

Chris

24hours later the same fare is now £990 !
now £1,210, what a difference a week makes !
I cannot get any information on flights after 31 October from Karlsruhe-Baden (FKB).

Is it because 'winter' flights are not bookable yet or ... might they be closing this base?
Probably not organised yet, routes like Hahn and Dublin to Stansted don't have winter timetables yet either and I don't they they are being dropped. There was a big panic about why the Girona summer flights were missing a while back but they have appeared since.
Ryanair unveils more Greek summer routes

Ryanair has announced new Greek routes for this summer from Liverpool and London Stansted.

The airline will fly from Liverpool to Kos and Rhodes, and from Stansted to Rhodes

The Liverpool-Kos flights start on April 13, flying on Wednesdays and Sunday.

Liverpool-Rhodes will fly Mondays and Thursdays while Stansted-Rhodes will operate on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

Lead-in fares for all three routes start at £37.99 one way including taxes.

Ryanair will launch a total of 17 new routes to Greece from various European airports this summer.

With permission from Travelmole
well, these nice people at ryanair have just cancelled my booking from gerona to gatwick on 29th march.
it looks like tuesday and sunday flights are initially affected, but i have rebooked for a week earlier so hopefully that will be ok.
just booked a Ryanair flight from Tenerife to Valencia. Anyone know if you need to input API or is this just a requirement when flying from/to the UK.

Thanks Chris
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.