Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
joeseptuk,

Liverpool is a nice little airport to fly from. You can drop your bags off at any Ryanair desk, there's normaly a couple open. Queue lengths vary depending on the time of day, they shouldn't be too bad early morning though. If you arrive at the airport in plenty of time for your flight, then it's up to you how long you have to browse through duty free. Ryanair are very strict on hand luggage so don't exceed your limits or it could be costly.

Darren
Darren

Im taking with me non-prescribed medication, which I take because of my poor health. Do I need to keep them in there original containers, or can I just put them into pill boxes

Co-enzyme Q10, Vit B -complex, Glucosamine, cod liver oil, Vit C, and asda mens health capsules
Personally I'd recommend you keep them in their original packaging to remove all doubt as to what they are, and if you don't need them during your journey, pack them in HOLD baggage.
At what time do the baggage drop checkin desks open, I take its two hours before departure time, or do they open any earlier
booked a holiday flying with ryanair leaving on 2nd. june. for 1week I've downloaded the outgoing boarding pass. when should I try to download the return boarding pass? also, they have accepted my booking and payment. should I expect anymore paper work? sorry to sound daft but I haven't used them before. :que
Hi fraggle61 ... you can do online check in for each flight from 15 days up to 4 hours before departure. It's always worth keeping an eye on your inbox and spam folders, as well as your online booking, just in case of any flight alterations.

David :wave
What an eager beaver you are. I've always downloaded them at the same time as I only do it a couple of days before I go so both flights are within their timescale, but I'm sure you will be able to download the return no more than 15 days before the date of your return flight. You won't have any more paperwork and there is no reason to apologize as until you've done it once it is all a big unknown.
I am flying from LBA on Saturday 28th May with Ryanair to Faro.
Can anyone tell me what gate this flight goes from and also whether it is worth purchasing priority boarding.
Many thanks in advance.
Regards Jeanette
Ryanair to ground a third of fleet despite bumper profits

Ryanair saw profits jump 26% to €401m(£348m) for the full year to the end of March following an 8% rise in traffic, a 12% increase in average fares and a 21% increase in ancillary sales to €802m (£696m).

The budget airline enjoyed a 21% increase in revenue to €3,630m (£3,150m) despite disruption caused by the volcanic ash crisis, higher oil prices and the global recession.

However, the low-cost airline announced it would ground more than a third of its fleet next winter as rising fuel costs mean it will be cheaper than keeping them flying.

Although the airline has 'hedged' 90% of its fuel at prices significantly below the current level, the $82 per barrel it has agreed to pay is 12% higher than a year ago.

"Higher oil prices next winter, and the refusal of some airports to offer lower charges, makes it more profitable to tactically ground up to 80 aircraft (compared with 40 last winter) rather than suffer losses operating them to high cost airports at low winter yields," it said in a statement.

The decision is expected to lead to a 4% drop in passenger numbers in the second half of the year following a 10% increase in the first half.

Ryanair said: "Since we have limited visibility on bookings, we remain concerned at the impact of the recession, austerity measures, and falling consumer confidence on fares.

"Despite these concerns we cautiously expect that our average fares will rise by up to 12% this year due to a better mix of new routes and bases, slower traffic growth, and higher competitor fuel surcharges.

"However, these higher fares will only help us to finance higher fuel and rising sector length related costs, and accordingly, we expect profit after tax for FY12 to be similar to the FY11 result of €400m."

The airline said that 22% of its revenue now comes from the sale of ancillary services, such as checked in baggage and inflight purchases, with growth in this areas far outstripping the rise in traffic.

With permission from Travelmole
The airline said that 22% of its revenue now comes from the sale of ancillary services, such as checked in baggage and inflight purchases,

I'm pleased to say that none of this revenue comes from me. :rofl
And I remember them bragging about a rolling programme of purchasing new aircraft up to 2015 ......
I see Ryanair are moaning about the volcanic ash again on their website, and a bunch of flights have been cancelled today.

I wonder if we are lucky that we have the IAA telling them not to fly when they probably would, how would they ever recover if a plane went down due to ash
article in newspaper about there profits up 22%

Due to fuel increase, routes to be cut for winter 2011, and I guess for summer 2012, price increase to be implemented, and I guess things like suit case allowance, and fees will go up and I recon on the following

Item Fee's 2011 Fee's 2012
Admin fee £6 £8
Check in fee £6 £8
Boarding card re-issue £40 £50
Seat reservation £10 £15
20Kg Peak £30 £40
15kg Peak £25 £30
Excess baggage £20 £30
Hand luggage EXCESS £35 £50
Flight Change £25 £25
Tax refund £20 £25
Hi have been looking at flights to Malaga with Ryanair and the cc charges are £12pp, is there anyway you can get around these charges as thinking these are a little steep? Also do Ryanair reduce there flights for any last minute deals? Not flown with them before so any tips would be appreciated.
Hi bluemoon ... last minute deals would be very unusual with low cost airlines, fares tend to rise as the departure date approaches and availability decreases. As for avoiding some of those card charges, you will find details of alternative options in recent posts of our Prepaid Mastercards topic in General Holiday Enquiries.

David :wave
@bluemoon

Book the Ryanair flights through travelrepublic... you still have to pay some charges but not as much as when booking directly through Ryanair. ;)
modoc,
that is very interesting.
can you explain exactly what charges you dont need to pay or which are reduced if you book through travel republic?
i travel regularly with ryanair and would be very pleased to find a way of reducing some of the fees.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.