Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
it is £15 each way or £20 each way in high season
£20 for 15 kg allowance
and also now ryanair allow you to have a 20kg allowance for £30

On my flight going out, I am taking the 15kg allownce, and returning home, decided just to pay the extra £10 for 20kg allownace, so I have that extra 5kg if I want to buy things and put in my case
CHANGE OF FLIGHT SCHEDULE

1st Notification of a change in departure/arrival time

Got a stange email from ryanair, about a change of schedule on my flight, Im puzzled as I dont see any change

Flying from liverpool to rimini

Liverpool departs 7am
Rimini departs 11:10 am

New flight details

Liverpool departs 7am
Rimini departs 11:10 am

:que
joeseptuk,

Maybe when you made the booking it was for the revised times etc. However, for those who made earlier bookings were for different times etc and the email is to everyone on the flight to highlight the latest times etc - hope this makes sense !

Chris
Joe - are the DATES the same?

And what about arrival times? I once got one of those from Monarch because it was landing 10 minutes earlier than originally planned.
Hi Steve

The dates are the same, and the times havent be changed

The flight was booked back in Mid Feb
I've had similar nonsense with easyjet, times now on fourth version (and almost back to where I started) but only advised about the second change. I just keep checking what it says in Manage Bookings. At one point it was offering the chance of a free cancellation for a small change - something which isn't allowed under their T&Cs !!
BBC 1 Watchdog on now

Looking at Ryanair card fees
Ryanair fined for leaving disabled passenger on tarmac

Ryanair says it will appeal against a £1,750 court fine imposed after it left a wheelchair-bound passenger on the tarmac at Luton Airport.

The passenger, 57-year-old Jo Heath who suffers from multiple sclerosis, had to be carried by her husband onto the flight to Brest Brittany after the special 'ambulift' service they had booked through Ryanair failed to turn up.

A Northampton County Court judge yesterday ruled the airline had been in breach of contract and had discriminated against Mrs Heath because of her disability.

In his judgement, district Judge Mchale slammed the airline after he heard that several members of Ryanair's staff, including the pilot of the plane, said that it was their policy to leave disabled passengers behind if they could not be boarded in time for their flight

The judge said it was wrong that the Heaths had been forced to pay extra for the special services and had to book them via a premium phone line, although Ryanair has discontinued this practice for disabled passengers.

Ryanair said it will appeal the decision, claiming that under EU law airports, not airlines, are responsible for the provision of special assistance to passengers.

With permission from Travelmole
So who's the worst?

O'Leary for running his company this way

the staff for doing what he says

or all the other passengers for giving Ryanair money when this behaviour has been widely publicised before.
I was speaking to one of my friends who is a trading standards officer, basicly I was checking about there scale, and if they dont weigh my case properly, no way should I have to pay excees if I know my case is under my allowance, and shouldnt need to accept an average of my case weighed on 3 other scales

My friend suggested if the scales weigh my case wrongly, take a photgraph, so you have proof of what the reading was, and if possible the person who is checking you in. let them know your calling the trading standards for the area, making a complaint and request someone comes out. Now if ryanair know the scales were wrong, they might be very quick to accept my case as it is, otherwise they will know they will be fined
Either way they will probably kick you off the flight for causing a fuss!!!
Have to give Ryanair a big :tup for :tup giving me new boarding cards without charging me E40 and £40.

I did the online check in for both flights and printed the boarding cards. Got to Dublin and asked at the Ryanair information desk if the boarding pass was ok and the girl said that it woukldn't scan due to being 'too dark', i said that I didn't have the E40 to pay for it to be redone and she said it was ok, go to the check in desk and get a new one. Got to the check in desks and the girl said that the problem was the settings on my printer.

Coming back home, got to Gatwick and went to Ryanair check in desks and asked them to check the card and explained I'd read online about the £40 charge for a new one, the girl explained that I didn't have to pay as I'd taken the pass I'd printed off to the airport. She then explained that i'd printed the pass using 'best' setting for print quality but should have used 'draft'.

Maybe I was lucky and had staff with common sense or that I'd misunderstood the terms on Ryanairs website.

They are very strict about the one bag per passenger, a few people on the Gatwick-Dublin flight had to repack hand luggage, saw at least one person with a cross body shoulder bag hidden under their coat. Saw one told to put a bag of shop purchases in her hand luggage. I think the shop purchases having to be inside hand luggage is too strict.
cate_taylor wrote:
Have to give Ryanair a big :tup for :tup giving me new boarding cards without charging me E40 and £40.

I think the shop purchases having to be inside hand luggage is too strict.

Thats very interesting to hear about the boarding cards, now I have always assumed if I print my boarding pass, and it dosnt scan, I shouldnt need to pay £40 for a new one to be issued by ryanair, as I have printed out one as requested on the web site, I have no way of knowing if it wont scan

As for duty free, I agree having to place your duty free into you hand luggage is to strict, duty free should not be treated as hand luggage. Iread some where some airlines allow you to take duty free on the plane without having to place it in your bag
We may have overlooked the possiblity of staff using common sense over boarding cards! Maybe if it looks OK to them but won't scan they give you the benefit of the doubt but if you lose it or turn up with it torn or covered in ketchup etc. you get charged.

As to Joe reading somewhere about other airlines hand luggage rules, quiet true and totally irrelevant. Ryanair set their rules and that's that - take it or leave it.
Ryanair to trial reserved seating

Ryanair will trial a reserved seating service on its Dublin to Malaga and Dublin to Gatwick routes from next month.

If it proves a success, the airline plans to roll the service out to selected other routes in the following months.

Starting from May 16, passengers can pre-book seats for €10 each way, including priority boarding.

The system allows passengers to pre-reserve seats in the front two rows, for a prompt exit on arrival, or in over wing rows (16&17) which provide greater legroom.

David HT Mod wrote:
Ryanair to trial reserved seating

Ryanair will trial a reserved seating service on its Dublin to Malaga and Dublin to Gatwick routes from next month.

If it proves a success, the airline plans to roll the service out to selected other routes in the following months.

Starting from May 16, passengers can pre-book seats for €10 each way, including priority boarding.

The system allows passengers to pre-reserve seats in the front two rows, for a prompt exit on arrival, or in over wing rows (16&17) which provide greater legroom.

Surely seat reservation will make priority boarding absoulete

Another charge or fee from ryanair, but I actualy like this one, and if availble for my flight in July I would reserve a window seat, as for the £10 fee, I think that will go up in price next year to around £25
building reserved seats into priority boarding is a good idea, especially if you can reserve the seats close to the exits for a fast unloading at the other end. But there is an alarm bell ringing about using the actual escape row seats and advertising them as extra legroom. The occupants of those seats are supposed to be fit and able bodied adults who will operate the emergency escapes in the event of a crash landing and be out on the wing in about 30 seconds so that the rest of the passengers can follow them. How strictly will Ryanair enforce that rule when people are waiving money at them? We've already had this discussion about some of the charter airlines doing it so I'm not confident!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.