Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I thought the '30 minutes of extra fuel' was the contingency ?
They have to land with fuel left to fly another 30 mins , it all depends on how tight you want to call it , is just doing the bare minimum legal requirement acceptable ? Is that a responsible attitude to take when flying so many passengers each year ? The appalling weather conditions at Madrid were known , and the likelihood of diversion too , but they still were playing it tight , why ? Is it the oppressive management of freelance pilots who can exclusively work for ryanair only ? Is it the directive that only the bare minimum legal has to be adhered to ?
I have just returned from Italy with them and it was the strangest flight. I have flown ryanair a few times but never experienced this.......got on at Edinburgh and the flight was predominantly full of Italians. Got on the plane and it was chaos. Basically the Italian men had all ran on first and saved seats for their family. There were rows of seats empty but these men would not let anyone sit down. Now we are on a plane so everyone bottle necked. Cabin crew tried their best but these guys just blocked the seats. My hubby and got a seat together but families ended up split up.

On the way back today.....the exact same thing happened! But this time not only did they save seats they also were sitting 2 in 3 seat row and telling cabin crew someone was sat there so they could get an extra seat.

Is this a cultural thing?
No , it's the oldest trick in the book , sit in seat B or C and if anyone asks if A is free , you say , No , they are in the toilet . The easiest thing to do is copy their rivals and allocate seating , you can even charge for certain seats if you want in advance ( which you think would appeal ;) ) I'm sure many families especially with small children pre book their seats so it takes the hassle and stress out of the boarding process and means they don't have an added worry , it also depends on whether your airline is focused on offering customer service .
Doing the whole 2 /3 seats thing I see but blocking seats and being agressive to cabin crew it's not on where I come from. Cabin crew told them they can't hold seats but these men would not move. Their wife's however were still leisurely sitting in the terminal. From visiting Italy they aren't the most well mannered nation I have come across so I was not entirely shocked by their plane etiquette
I think Mr O'Leary is the nicest airline CEO in the world , and runs the best airline too ....

Will that do ???

Meanwhile in other news .... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2390202/Ryanair-refused-refund-ticket-passenger-died-died-soon.html
from the Ryanair website:

a couple of points to note:

- the removal of the Recaptcha security 'feature' from individual passengers
- I take it the 'Passenger registration/retention service' means they will store your details so you dont need to input them every time you make a booking - not before time (as long as you dont have to pay a subscription to benefit from this feature!!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryanair briefed shareholders on its plans to roll out a new website and digital marketing strategy which will include:
· Launching the @Ryanair Twitter page.
· Removing the Recaptcha security feature for individual passengers from 30 Oct next (Recaptcha will remain in place for high volume bookers, screenscrapers, travel agents etc.).
· Ryanair’s mobile app will from Tues 1 Oct be downloadable free of charge (previously €3).
· Booking flow redesign to go live in December.
· Passenger registration/retention service live for summer 2014, substantially reducing the time it takes to complete bookings.
I am flying to Alicante by Ryan Air on Friday - my boarding pass states my first name and my surname, but on my passport I have a middle name - will this make any difference. I have never used my middle name before with other airlines.
Welcome to HT Wrightalwayswrong

No that will be fine and will NOT cause any problem for you :tup
TFS1 wrote:
I see Ryanair are reducing some of there charges and making other changes

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/consu...nair-1.1573199

Thanks for the link :tup am I right in thinking that women will be allowed to carry a small handbag from December this year?
I think I remember Molly saying that he thought a recession was a good thing and that his company would benefit from it :duh

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/10424434/Ryanair-in-a-second-profit-warning-in-two-months.html

At least it will be possible to pick up cheaper seat prices , plus they're coming all over " customer friendly " these days ;)
Looking to change my flight for next summer.

I've booked LPL - LPA in July 2014 but noticed some 7-10 days later that there are now flights that are far closer to home not far off the price I paid for LPL.

I realise fully that this will cost me but this will be off-set by the money I could save on fuel / hotel / parking etc.

I believe the cost of this will be £60 per person, per flight which comes to £480 for our family of four.

Are Ryanair 100% strict on this and is there any room for negotiation?

Any advice / information for limiting this cost would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!
Hi, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I'm afraid that 'negotiation' and Ryanair are strangers to each other! If they are saying that it will cost you £60 per person per flight to change them then that's unfortunately what it is going to cost you. It's very unlikely that they will consider waiving this charge.

SM
I think you'll find flight changes to the Canaries (and Greece) are £90 per person per flight in high season. You will not get Ryanair to change them for any less, nor should they, as that is what you agreed to when you accepted their terms and conditions.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.